What Carrier Will You Be Leaving To Get iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rolex54, Jun 16, 2008.

?

What US Wireless Carrier Will You Be Leaving For iPhone 3G?

1. Verizon

38 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. Sprint

13 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. T-Mobile

26 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Alltel

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Helio

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I already have AT&T

47 vote(s)
    32.2%
  7. Other

17 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. rolex54 macrumors 6502

Well with many people now making the jump for the iPhone, which cell phone carrier will you be leaving?

2. TROY7 macrumors newbie

3. wako macrumors 65816

I will be leaving Tmobile...

having THREE years pass by and not a single good phone came out of them other than the last phone I ever got from them, the MDA, Im jumping ship. The only thing that can keep me is if they release the HTC Diamond or the SE Xperia within the next three weeks

4. rolex54 thread starter macrumors 6502

I left sprint for the first iPhone, and thank god I did... They are bleeding subscribers like crazy

5. UWSpindoctor macrumors regular

I would be leaving Sprint if I decide to give up my SERO.

6. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

7. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

None. The iPhone is really cool, but I'm not willing to switch to an evil company like att to do it.

8. rolex54 thread starter macrumors 6502

just curious, who are you with currently?

9. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

The company I'm currently with is lame, but not completely evil. It's sprint.

10. witchdrash macrumors member

T-Mobile to O2, well wont be leaving T-Mobile still got 6 months left on my contract, but I've waited a year for the 3G iPhone so yeah will put up with the extra cost...

11. thaprofessor33 macrumors member

I will be leaving AT&T for AT&T. I currently use AT&T towers, but I get billed through a third party dealer Windstream. They told me that I was not able to purchase an iPhone because they were not direct AT&T. There is a big sign on the door saying AT&T authorized retailer. So I argued for 45 minutes and I got a call back the next day with a free offer to cancel my contract. :D

12. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I will be leaving T-Mobile(UK) who I have been with for over 9 years (they used to be called One2One).
    Where I live now has a terrible signal, I've tested a friends o2 phone here and it is much better, so I'll be switching to o2 for the iPhone 3G.

13. alejovh1 macrumors regular

I left verizon last year in the middle of my 2 year contract just for the iphone!

14. phannon666 macrumors regular

I'll be (unfortunately) leaving Orange for O2. Been very happy with Orange so far, and just hope I'm not dissapointed with O2. I'm just glad the iPhone in UK isn't a Vodafone exclusive, that would put me off.

15. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I know it's not US but....

have been with Vodafone as long as I've had a mobile (~10yrs) but I'm off to O2 to join the great iPhone love in.

16. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

17. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

Verizon vs. AT&T

So how do the 2 compare? Where do you live?:confused:

18. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Already have AT&T and just found out a few days ago that I am indeed upgrade eligible, which I didnt realize :D

No problems with AT&T here in Orlando.

19. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I left Sprint years ago, due to double-billing, shutting off all (4) of my phones while disputing the aforementioned, poor selection of phones, the ugliest phones ever, (I used to hide when I talked on my phone, it was so ugly), too many minutes at the end of the billing period going unused and nothing to show for it, text messaging was expensive, and no coverage in "way too many places!" :mad:

20. alejovh1 macrumors regular

here in Portland oregon they all are about the same, I must admit Verizon has excellent service here but havent' had any problems with ATT.
    in this area we have both Evdo and ATT 3G coverage :)

21. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

same, us cell blows

22. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

23. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

wheres the "not leaving" option? i snagged a new 1st gen iphone on ebay and im gonna unlock it for tmobile :D

24. teksurv macrumors member

I'll be leaving Sprint, whom I've been a customer of for 10 years. Sprint has been good to me, but I'm beginning to travel, and the GSM standard is far more prevalent than CDMA. I'm using the HTC Touch with them now, but it just doesn't compare to the iPhone.

That and I live and work in San Diego, CA so coverage is pretty good with all the major carriers - including 3G.

25. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I left T-Mobile last month for AT&T. T-Mo leaves alot to be desired for a phones and their service was horrible here at the at the office. The main device they seemed to push was the SK LX and now it just seems dated. Their customer service was top notch though. Very cordial and very helpful.