Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
For the person that asked above I ordered an otterbox commuter series in black...in my opinion one of the best phone cases...great warranty and customer service....plus it does an excellent job of protecting your phone...however you get what you pay for and its pretty expensive. On the bright side if you break your case they replace it for free no questions asked.

Reactions: emoe76

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Yes that looks like the one, but I ordered it straight from Speck. The only thing is you won't be able to see the color of the phone, obviously, so if that's important to you that's not the case for you. That's actually why I want to switch to the clear w/the design, because I want to show off that pretty rose gold! But that case you're looking at is solid, I already received it and its well made just like everything else I've owned of theirs. I'm a phone dropper and I've never had a problem as long as my phone was in a Speck case.
Yeah actually I ordered gold not rosegold i'm looking for a clear case this time and on my 6s I used otterbox black one that was solid too
I wish I ordered matte black instead of gold

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
Yeah actually I ordered gold not rosegold i'm looking for a clear case this time and on my 6s I used otterbox black one that was solid too
I wish I ordered matte black instead of gold
Speck also has a plain completely clear case. I ordered from Amazon a "Luvvitt" brand clear case for my mom and she really likes it, the Speck clear one is harder vs the Luvvitt one is more like the TPU rubbery sort of feel.

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014
For the person that asked above I ordered an otterbox commuter series in black...in my opinion one of the best phone cases...great warranty and customer service....plus it does an excellent job of protecting your phone...however you get what you pay for and its pretty expensive. On the bright side if you break your case they replace it for free no questions asked.

I had an Otterbox Commuter for my 6. There is some discoloration on the back of my phone. between where the hole in the case where the Apple logo is and the part of the phone that was covered by the case. I was kind of disappointed. I went with an Otterbox Symmetry case this time around. This case doesn't have the hole for the Apple logo, so I am hoping I won't see the changes in color.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
Kstout -

I have incipio DP on my 6+. Checked the speck out in person, as I was 90% going the speck route.
Did not like the feel of the materials. It seemed like semi-hard rubber/etc.
Ordered me up another DP for the 7+

I do think there is a FLAW in the DP but we'll have to see....
Does the camera on the + protrude past the case. Renderings on their site seem to suggest it..

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Yup on my 6s I'm using otterbox black one don't know which series but its solid

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 273

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Speck also has a plain completely clear case. I ordered from Amazon a "Luvvitt" brand clear case for my mom and she really likes it, the Speck clear one is harder vs the Luvvitt one is more like the TPU rubbery sort of feel.
Don't know why apple leather ones are so expensive and it will not even protect the phone if it falls down

Reactions: Samantha124

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
Kstout -

I have incipio DP on my 6+. Checked the speck out in person, as I was 90% going the speck route.
Did not like the feel of the materials. It seemed like semi-hard rubber/etc.
Ordered me up another DP for the 7+

I do think there is a FLAW in the DP but we'll have to see....
Does the camera on the + protrude past the case. Renderings on their site seem to suggest it..
Hmmm I'm not sure about that with the camera, I guess I will find out on Friday lol. You would think they would account for that. I personally like the feel of the Speck cases, and the fact that they are one piece. I was hesitant to go with the DP for that reason, but the DP actually held up really well on my Galaxy, though its only about 6 months old. I didn't see the DPs up for the 7+, and Speck released their cases so I ordered right away to make sure I have SOMETHING to put it in when it comes lol. I think I will probably return the one I got though, in lieu of one of the Speck clear cases with the designs, I think it'll look awesome with the blue feathers and the rose gold background. That is one thing about Speck that the Amazon cases can't compare with, I can return any time for any reason.

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
Don't know why apple leather ones are so expensive and it will not even protect the phone if it falls down
I never buy Apple cases, leather just wouldn't cut it for me. I'm a paramedic so my phone goes in and out of a cargo pocket approx. 50,000 times a day, gets dropped from pocket height, truck height, step bumpers, standing height, accidentally slides across dash boards and crashes...you get the idea lol. Point is I don't trust my phone in some trendy leather case lol.

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey

I've used an apple leather for the past 12 months, has done a tremendous job and keeps the back from dust scratches. I don't drop my phone often, but took a hard knock at Disney world which I thought would have take chunks out. But the case worked great.

emoe76

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Bismarck, ND

I've always used Otterbox and have always been pleased.

suprmum

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Not to derail thread but how do you like it? Ordered a couple cases and this was the slim option I went with.
It's the kind of case I always get (either the Spigen or the Ringke). I opened it up today and it looks good. Clear hard back, softer sides but not gummy. Lip to protect screen and camera lens on back. It is the slimmest clear spigen I could find. The two piece clear one with hard bumper was slightly bulkier so I went with this one.

*** Edit: this was moved from another thread so I'm adding a link to the product we're talking about so this now makes sense
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G...F8&qid=1473944274&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

Last edited:

Jerel

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2015
Maryland
Looking forward to receiving my 256GB Black iPhone 7 Plus near the 28th... At least i'll have plenty of time to figure out which case to get.

Reactions: nhgrumpy

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
I used to like Otterboxes, but they're so big and heavy compared to other cases now. Especially with increased phone size, I can't afford to add inches or weight lol
Check out the otter box statement series.....I currently use that for my 6S plus and I like it as it doesn't add any weight to the phone, protects it, has some leather, shows off the back color of the phone.

KSAnders10

Suspended
Sep 14, 2016
Kansas
Check out the otter box statement series.....I currently use that for my 6S plus and I like it as it doesn't add any weight to the phone, protects it, has some leather, shows off the back color of the phone.
Wait for the life proof nuud. Nothing beats that case. Been on those since they were available years ago. Even tho this new iPhone is water resistant it's not waterproof. Which is silly but whatever. The life proof case will be $100. I want it now but it's not available. Every time I update my phone which is always on launch day since the 3GS. I've called life proof and they send me out a free upgraded replacement case. Hope it works out that way this time around. Got lifeproof ratted on me so they gotta keep it trill. Look into it tho. Apple is still slippin on those customers that are extra active with their phones. I live that brap brap life and also snowboard and snowmobile until my body hurts. They gotta make their phones waterproof 100%. Until then I'll keep pre ordering their phones, once they get it completely waterproof there won't be any reason to complain. I also develops future iOS updates for Apple. They have a lot to catch up with. the jailbreaker community is lurking the stock software to the point where they will have to open it up to keep customers. By the way, each android phone that comes out it gets closer to stock iOS as far as customization. If you're thinking of switching think again. Email me for me info in regards to getting more out of your iOS device if you feel its inefficient.

DrHazmat11

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Buffalo, NY
It's the kind of case I always get (either the Spigen or the Ringke). I opened it up today and it looks good. Clear hard back, softer sides but not gummy. Lip to protect screen and camera lens on back. It is the slimmest clear spigen I could find. The two piece clear one with hard bumper was slightly bulkier so I went with this one.

I think I got that same case. I want to show off that beautiful piece of sexy lol....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.