What case will (if any) will you be using?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jonnykanzen, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jonnykanzen macrumors member

I feel it is a shame to cover up the beautiful iPhone 4, but it needs some protection!

I'm thinking of a nice leather case that it can easily take it out of.

What case are you thinking of getting? Post links!

2. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I'm not decided yet.... possibly

White - Bumper case
    Black - Some type of leather easy access case

I just hope none of the cases damaged the phone or mark it, my last Nokia 5800's case slid tightly over the phone but the problem this causes was if any dust was on the screen then it rubbed across it causing minor marks/scratching, also the case had small holes in the front - which looked good - but they caused the screen to get marks in the same pattern due to dust scratching it >.<

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

As long as everything goes smoothly,

Zagg IS + White Bumper once available.

4. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I ordered a leather magentic flip case from Sena cases yesterday, but unfortunately they won't ship till the end of July. Will probably get a cheap case or skin to use until it arrives. Sena makes great quality cases. I've used the same case for my 3G for almost two years now. Still in great shape. The leather is higher quality than most of the leather cases you find from Belkin, Marware etc. I love the way the flap on the front opens downward instead of upward.

They are having a pre-order sale now on their website. in addtion if you use the coupon code PCWIPNK11 at checkout you will get an additonal 20% off. My case was less than $40 including shipping on a case that lists for $52 w/o shipping. I highly reccomend their cases. Here's a link....

http://senacases.com/apple/iphone-4-cases/

PS - the coupon code appears to never expire as I've used the same one for at least three years now.

5. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

I have been using a flip-down leather magnet closure case for my past two phones, but I might just go with a shell type case this time around. I am considering Uncommon. The allow custom printed designs.

[​IMG] or [​IMG]

Also I liked this belkin one:

[​IMG]

I am a clutz, so I do appreciate the added protection for the screen. I have always loved the the Vaja cases, but their iphone 4 cases look bulky and awkward.

[​IMG]

I have the sena case now, but it's just plain ugly for such a beautiful phone (also doesn't protect the top corners).

[​IMG]

I also curious to see what Speck is going to put out. They haven't announced anything yet.

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I like the Belkin leather-ish type one above. I hope Best Buy or another store will carry that one so I can see how it looks/feels before buying it.

7. jonnykanzen thread starter macrumors member

nice ideas guys. just realised my comp posted twice so i'm sorry about the duplicate!

not sure how to delete it.

I had the invisible shield on my 3g iphone. I didn't really like the tangerine effect it gave but let me tell you, when it came to selling the phone a year late it looked BRAND new when peeled off!

8. christyn macrumors 6502a

9. eneisch macrumors 6502a

The Sena pictured above is the case I ordered for my iPhone 4 and currently use on my 3G. I have it in the crocodile pattern in black and think it looks great, but the other poster is correct that the top corners are unprotected. The unprotected corners have not been an issue for me though.

10. CombatChuk macrumors member

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Belt case for carry. No skin or anything on phone though.

12. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I like the idea of the bumber/wrapsol combination. My biggest problem with the bumper though is the cost. $29 for a strip of rubber/plastic seems very high to me!

13. Mattsnurb macrumors newbie

its the apple tax!

14. Zepol macrumors newbie

Im for sure putting on the invisible shield from Zagg. Might get something else in case I drop it, but not sure what.

15. cjrulli macrumors regular

16. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I've already ordered the Sena UltraSlim (Tan) for my iPhone 4. I'd really hate to hide a device like the iPhone in a case that I couldn't remove. This one is very thin and offers basic protection from other items in my pocket.

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-4-cases/ultraslim/

17. jonnykanzen thread starter macrumors member

18. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I've been a HUGE fan of the Incipio Feather since the 3G and have not found a case that both protects and maintains the phone's sleekness like the Feather. They are not available yet for purchase but Incipio's site has them pictured: http://www.myincipio.com/iphone-4-cases

19. pilot370 macrumors member

Otter box. Have one for the 3GS, offers a lot of protection my phone gets bumped around at work its good to know it protected, maybe a little over kill it's worth it!

20. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

21. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Any idea if the iPhone 4 will fit in the Sena UltraSlim that works for the GS? Since I just bought a UltraSlim a few months ago, I'd love to re-use it if possible.

22. bmms8 macrumors 68020

im sure it will fit but it might not be as snug. they are producing ultra slims for the iphone 4 itself. i ordered it last week with the 20% coupon listed above and it came out to like $26 including shipping (they were offering 10% too up until today) i would use your ultra slim for the time being but order the iphone 4 one asap.

23. miladsafa macrumors newbie

I too am a fan of incipio feather but unfortunately it scratched the hole entire bezel! i was so sad when it happened to my 3GS, now i'm afraid that the iphone 4 gets scratched too with incipio feather, but damn it looks sleek!

24. awestruck macrumors regular

This.