What case will you purchase for your shiny new iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by WRXiceman, Sep 15, 2013.

1. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

Hi All,

I know that the iPhone 5 cases will still fit the 5S, but it only seems right to buy a nice fresh new case for a new iPhone right?

What will you guys be picking up?

Looking for some ideas. Not sure to go with a discrete slim case, or a nice leather pouch slip case.

:apple:

2. JCL macrumors member

I will be going into dangerous waters this time with a luxury iPhone case, the Element Ronin, Sector 5 black, or custom designed Sector 5.

Its going to be dangerous if I get hooked on Element cases given there prices and many options.

I have used 20+ plastic cases and a few leather ones (although I expect they were pleather). The plastic and fake leather ones don't do it for me, I would rather rock naked than a cheap case.

Vaja is on my shortlist.

3. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

4. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

I plan on getting a Mophie Juice Pack once they update it for the 5S. Can't be the microusb chargers would can buy for cheap.

5. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

6. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502a

I haven't decided which color I'm getting yet. If I end up with the silver 5S, then I'm taking my current Caudabe Veil in frost and slapping it right on my new phone. If I get space gray, I'll probably pick up a black Caudabe Veil. Either way, I'm not putting a case on it that's any thicker than the Veil. This phone is too beautiful to cover up.

7. Dronac macrumors member

I'v got a new white/matte Graft Leverage case ready to go.

8. UmichAg macrumors member

Veil looks nice, but I can't tell if it has a lip to it to protect the glass front. If you get that case, please let us know if it does have a lip

9. RenoG macrumors 65816

Hmm I suppose it will depend on how much clearance that double flash needs seeing its larger thus requiring a greater cutout in the case.

10. kdnole macrumors member

I don't think the Iphone 5 cases will accommodate the new finger print sensor. I know the otterbox defender 5 will not work with the 5S. I'll get a cheapy case until I decide.

11. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Probably no case at first.

After living with my s3 with no case and surviving, I don't know if I need to bother.

12. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

I went with the SGP Slim Armor S & some screen protectors made by SGP. I'm going to use Slim Armor S until Lifeproof brings out their 5s case, probably.

13. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

I had a bunch of different cases with my 4S over the years and spent a lot of money as a result. In the case of the 5S, I think I will just put the money down and get the Element Sector 5 and be happy right away.

14. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Just ordered mine on Amazon for $11.19, got it today, and this case is AWESOME. Coming from someone who hates cases too.

The texture feels really solid and durable, and the material gives you excellent grip. Lightweight and incredibly thin too. This feels like a $40 case. Thinking of getting another one in a different color.

Highly recommended!

15. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I bought a Spigen Slim Armor case but I'll be returning it shortly. Tried it on my 5 and the lock button is very hard to press. The volume buttons are fine but the lock button is not clicky at all. Also there is basically no lip on the front for lay on the table protection.

I think I'll be sticking with Speck Candyshell Grip. I've been using it on my 5 all year and its great. Very solid feeling, perfectly responsive buttons and I have only dropped my phone once all year because of the grips. I'll probably just get a new color. The 5C has me wanting something brighter :D

16. r3ac7 macrumors member

For all the people who have a 5 or are going to get the 5s and want a simple, minimalistic case, that not only offers scratch protection, but drop protection also, isn't bulky and has a lay-on-the-table design - Incase Slider. My favourite iPhone 5 case, no doubt. It isn't bulky, the cut outs for the camera, ports, speakers, etc. are perfect, and it's just beautiful.

Incase Slider Case Black

17. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

Yeah I bought the black one and had to have four other colors. The best case I have ever had for my iPhone!

18. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I just ordered a magpul on Amazon, do they sell fake ones? I got it from seller Action Gear. I hope its not fake, anyways what screen protectors do you guys use with this case? Would those spigen glass screen protectors work with it? I dont have an iPhone to try it with yet so I dont know much.

19. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

Action Gear is a reputable seller I've bought Magpul cases from him before. Yes you can definitely use a glass screen protector.

20. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I think I'm going with the Apple brown leather case on a gold 5S. Should look pretty classy. Executive in a way.

21. iNeed macrumors newbie

Does it need to be updated for the 5S? It looks like it should work with it

22. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

That's the million dollar question. I'm sure it will physically fit. My concern is the flash or flashback from the adjacent case and the possibility of the phone giving me an "unsupported accessory" message when I flip the mophie switch.

23. cole01 macrumors 6502

I'll be using my Spigen Tough Armor in silver on my white 5s. I also have a Magpul Field Case that's sure to be getting some use too...might have to get a new color though. The grey looks great on the white phone. :apple: Can't wait.

24. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I used to swear by Incase Sliders but when I got one for my 5 it was very loose and the bottom would fall off while I was talking on the phone. It also creaked and made noises when holding it. Exchanged it once and had the same problems with the second one. I don't know if something was wrong with the initial batch that came out with the iPhone 5 at launch, but I switched to Speck and have been happy with them.