Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Yesterday I filled up my car at a gas station. On the way to the cashier I slipped and fell on ice landing on my left knee and hands. When I got up I walked to the gas bar and as I got inside my leg started to violently shake.

Was this just because I scraped my knee? Or what?

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Both legs? Or one leg? Do you normally have restless leg? RLS doesn't normally present itself when the person is in motion. It may have been fatigued muscle and some of your tendons and bones that suffered micro breakage from the fall. I assume you got up pretty quickly? They need time to rebuild, if you start using it before then, then you're just using the ones that you didn't "break" and they aren't as steady.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Yesterday I filled up my car at a gas station. On the way to the cashier I slipped and fell on ice landing on my left knee and hands. When I got up I walked to the gas bar and as I got inside my leg started to violently shake.

Was this just because I scraped my knee? Or what?

Not exactly a plethora of information from which to determine an accurate diagnosis.:rolleyes:

In short - who the ******* knows!:p

I'm not sure a tech site is the ideal place to go for personal medical information.

Seriously, if you are concerned, don't come here - check with your doctor:)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
It happens once in a while for me too if I hit it hard especially on my tush. I don't think it's an issue. I'm not a medical professional either.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
You were probably just shocked or something. You must've hurt/sprained/injured yourself a bit when you fell and that's just how your leg reacted.

If your leg is still shaking, I think you better go che...

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
OK, this could actually be serious... I just looked your symptoms up in Google.... and there were some similar cases....

Were you, by any chance, participating in The Hokey-Pokey? And did you complete the previous steps of putting your leg, taking your leg out, and then putting it again? At this point it's completely normal to have it "shake all about!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.