What cell phone carrier do you use? (USA)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dodgeman, Feb 7, 2019.

?

Which Cell Phone Carrier Do You Use?

This poll will close on Mar 9, 2019 at 1:20 PM.
  1. ATT

2. Verizon

3. T-Mobile

4. Sprint

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

So a lot of these companies now are offering free music subscriptions as well as free streaming services! Kind of wild but its a new age today!

Just curious as to what you people use, prices today seem to be about the same and each seems to give you a streaming service or music service & some give you both!

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

3. Dodgeman thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah. Sprint isn't that bad. Especially for the price and at least they give music and streaming. They are the only carrier to offer it.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

T-Mobile. But we were with Sprint for 15 years before that.

T-Mobile has Music Freedom, or at least on Simple Choice which is the plan I have. Additionally, I have a premium Napster music account because that's a T-Mobile Simple Choice benefit.

However, all that said I didn't sign up because of music. The majority of any listening I do is done through Google Play Music. I've had an account since that was in beta. My entire library is stored in the cloud (not on my device) and I can access it on any device, including those Apple considers archaic.

6. A.Goldberg, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Verizon. It has the most reliable service in my observation. The GSM services tend to not penetrate the brownstones (potentially filled with lead paint and wire mesh for the plaster) and commercial buildings of Boston very well. I know people who lose service just standing too close to a building.

I know a lot of people who have switched to Verizon because of this issue here. I can have 4-5 bars on my Verizon iPhone 8 while someone with ATT has 0-1 also with an iPhone 8.

Even FM radio reception in my car can be flakey driving around my neighborhood due to all the brownstones and high-rise buildings.

The one problem with Verizon is that it costs more than everyone else. But for me it’s worth it.

7. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

8. Dodgeman thread starter macrumors 65816

Verizon is a solid service just expensive.
    I have Sprint by the way, enjoying the Tidal & Hulu.
    The price fits the bill too... :)

9. stephenschimpf macrumors newbie

stephenschimpf

I've always used T-Mobile. I travel internationally and love being able to use my phone oversees with no additional cost. The first time I travelled with my girlfriend she was on Verizon and had to wait to get on Wi-Fi but I could find places to eat, navigate, post photos, etc., without paying anything extra. I put her on my plan for a month when we went to Egypt and she loved it so much that she switched to T-Mobile. We just got back from a long cruise, and the only place we couldn't use data for free with T-Mobile was in Cuba.

10. chscag macrumors 68030

chscag

T-Mobile. My wife and I are both seniors and have the T-Mobile "senior plan" which is $60.00/month for two lines, unlimited texts and data.

11. SDColorado macrumors 68040

SDColorado

My wife and I switched from Verison to T-Mobile on that same deal last year when I hit 55. No complaints with it so far in our area.

12. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I get a corporate discount on a Family Plan with AT&T. I have been places where the signal was not good.

13. Unity451 macrumors regular

Unity451

14. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Me, my mom, and my dad, and my sister are all on a Verizon family plan. We all have iPhones.

I have no complaints. I get service when I'm out mountain biking in the woods at Tahoe. That's all I ask for. :p

15. Dodgeman thread starter macrumors 65816

I think Hulu sucks more than Sprint.

What is wrong with ATT?

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Hulu is ok but I wouldn’t pay for it.

17. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

T-Mobile +55 plan, 2 phone lines for $60 a month is a slam dunk. Not that it often comes into play, but their European service rates (for vacations) is stellar, free data and texting, $.25 a minute phone calls.

18. Unity451 macrumors regular

Unity451

they slowly raised my bill over the course of 6 months and then when I confronted them about it, I got a different reason from each person I talked to. Finally when I tried to cancel I asked an employee if they pro-rate the final month. He told me yes and that I'd be fine to cancel early, but turns out that he was wrong. And I got stuck with a bill for an extra month that my phone was turned off for. When I tried explain what happened, they told me that essentially it didn't matter that one of their customer service employees gave me wrong information; policy is policy. They said that even if they went back and listened to the recorded call, and I was in fact given wrong information, it wouldn't matter because the calls are used "for training purposes only." In other words... kick rocks. They even told me that if I wanted to I could just let it go to collections and fight it there... yeah right! Like I'm going to ruin my credit for a stupid cell phone bill. They clearly didn't give a rip about me since I had already cancelled my contract. I told them I'd never be an AT&T customer again and that I'd tell everyone I could to stay away as well. I'm with T-mobile now, and though their coverage isn't quite as a good where I live, their customer service is awesome! Not to mention their easy to understand rates and bill.

19. Glideslope macrumors 603

Glideslope

This is the main reason we are still with at&t. The Govt. FAN Discount I receive is over 20% off each month. Even though I am retired, I still do consult work that at&t allows as proof of employment with the Govt. If they ever drop this I might look elsewhere. There is so much at&t hate around, but we have never had an issue with coverage. :apple:

20. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

As am I.