Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IdentityCrisis

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 9, 2018
I had a spigen one on my iPhone X, and it had fine scratches all around the polished steel. Any idea what clear case won't do that that is a good quality one? Hate for the new one to get like that too.

kryten3000

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Ecuador (Cotopaxi)
I had a spigen one on my iPhone X, and it had fine scratches all around the polished steel. Any idea what clear case won't do that that is a good quality one? Hate for the new one to get like that too.
Any hard case that is high quality and specifically designed for your particular model of phone will do. Some manufacturers take guesses as the the dimensions or sell a previous years product as compatible with the current year (example: selling an iPhone X case for iPhone Xs). The best way to purchase is to go with a manufacturer that has high reviews for the previous years model. Odds are they will do well this year as well. Also, there is a forum thread with excellent recommendations for what you’re looking for.

IdentityCrisis

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 9, 2018
Any hard case that is high quality and specifically designed for your particular model of phone will do. Some manufacturers take guesses as the the dimensions or sell a previous years product as compatible with the current year (example: selling an iPhone X case for iPhone Xs). The best way to purchase is to go with a manufacturer that has high reviews for the previous years model. Odds are they will do well this year as well. Also, there is a forum thread with excellent recommendations for what you’re looking for.

Well, I thought Spigen was a high quality manufacture?

JayJohnPaul

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2014
Dawnbreak City
The sides will get scratched no matter what case you get. I suggest you protect that puppy with a clear skin/wrap first before getting a case for it.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
The gold has the same coating on the sides as the space grey so it should be more scratch resistant than the silver.

Reactions: C7 POWER

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland

Any case you put on your phone will cause scratches, because of all the crap in your pocket :)
best is to clean it every day.

The gold has the same coating on the sides as the space grey so it should be more scratch resistant than the silver.

please show me the evidence of your claim :)

Reactions: IdentityCrisis

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
please show me the evidence of your claim :)

Evidence? What are we in court? Go to Apple's website and click on learn more it says the space grey and gold variants have a PVD finish over the stainless steel which adds a little more scratch protection from my understanding where the silver is just stainless steel.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
Evidence? What are we in court? Go to Apple's website and click on learn more it says the space grey and gold variants have a PVD finish over the stainless steel which adds a little more scratch protection from my understanding where the silver is just stainless steel.

Sorry for not being english :confused:
What was your source...better ?

And the finish is just what it says, a finish and not a scratch protecting coating, with the finish you will rather sooner see blemishes with the clear metal onderneath :D

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland

And the finish is just what it says, a finish and not a scratch protecting coating, with the finish you will rather sooner see blemishes with the clear metal onderneath :D

Ok so the silver scratches way easier than the space grey. From what I've been told the PVD finish has something to do with that. Maybe that clears it up a bit.

IdentityCrisis

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 9, 2018
Got my phone today. Sharp phone. I haven't received the cases, but I ordered the one above you recommended.

GeekishlyGreek

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Greece
For under 10 bucks I got a glass screen and this clear case...

(attaching pics of it on my gold iPhone XS Max)

I couldn't be happier or see how they can make it better

ScreenOniPhoneSXMaxAswell.jpg

ScreenOniPhoneSXMaxAswell.jpg

Attachments

• iPhoneXSMaxFinallyHere.jpg
    iPhoneXSMaxFinallyHere.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: BlueAquarian
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.