what color 16gb iphone 3g to get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ipaqman, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hi there,

i am a 20 year old guy and wanted to know what color 16gb iphone 3g to get? i kind of like the white, but is it a girls color? what color should i get?

thanks,
    ipaqman

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

3. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

4. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

black for coolness
    white for...less obvious scratch and fingerprints.

5. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

6. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

go black...more discreet=more baller.

Always remember "I'm young enough to know what car to buy, but old enough not to put rims on it"

7. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I'm one ugly chick then ;)

I have a white one, I think it looks great, influenced by the fact that it shows less scratches/fingerprints though.

8. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

white for girls? where are you getting this from :rolleyes:?

the main ipod has been white and later both white and black for years, and never have the colours become engendered, so why now with the iphone?

personally, i'd go for white every time, I think the black ones look so unrefined with all those fingerprint marks. The white ones for me are the only way forward!

In the end though, why worry about gender? No one worth anything will judge your masculinity on the colour of your iphone.:)

9. Elloise macrumors member

Point?

Do you solemnly swear to abide by the general consensus of the contributors?

If not, just pick the one you like the look of best. Everything else is irrelevant.

10. craig1410 macrumors 65816

craig1410

I personally think the white one looks kinda cheap and nasty. If white was considered sleek and sexy then you would see more HiFi and home entertainment equipment in white and yet most of it is black, silver or black and silver.

At the end of the day it depends on your preference and good luck to you whichever you choose but I can only speak for myself when I say that black is soooo much smarter.

Ask yourself this question - which would James Bond carry? Does he carry a white gun? No...
    :p

11. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

White is not a girls colour, however you will get sick of it after a while and wish you had chosen black.

12. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

This is a decision you have to make in person. I had a feeling I wanted black but I went to the store anyway to see them both. The second I saw the white one, I knew it wasn't for me. This is like asking a forum what you should have for dinner, eat what you feel like eating!

13. daisuke07 macrumors regular

if you pick the white 1 people will know you have more money since the 8gb only comes in black :p

14. plwebb macrumors newbie

plwebb

Once you put a case on it, it's hard to tell what color it is. But like daisuke07 said, if you have a white one, it's plain to see that you spent the extra bucks on a 16gb ;)

15. Elloise macrumors member

End of thread

This small slice of genius effectively closes off this thread. Although it does make me wonder which colour iPhone JB has. :)

16. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Wrong. Since white guns aren't even made how do you know that James bond *wouldn't* carry one? :D

17. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

Ah yes James Bond may carry a black one but Jason Bourne carries a white one, and he can kill a guy with a newspaper! :p

The white is for me, as i can tell which is mine from all my mates' black 8 or 16Gb ones! :D

18. slashjunior macrumors regular

19. Elloise macrumors member

Fortune has smiled on you Barkomatic, since you've clearly never come face to face with an Eskimo Commando. I once saw an Eskimo go Commando, but that was very different.

20. unixfool macrumors 6502a

There's nothing wrong with a white iPhone. Screw being baller and people thinking that white = girl. I've never had a problem with people confusing me for a woman and that didn't change when I bought my white iPhone.

White shows less blemishes/scratches/fingerprints. Black phones are common. White phones are less common. This is why I chose white, but in the end, its only a color...the phone is the same. Besides, no one on these forums are ballin'...lol...if they say they are, they're only frontin'.

21. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You should get a black one, because I have heard that a lot of the white ones have a problem with hairline cracks

22. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

White is not a girl's color I have one and know three guys who do and none of them are gay. White is more classic Apple of you ask me. Also no fingerprints.

23. unixfool macrumors 6502a

If the white ones have cracks, the black ones probably also have them...they are just less noticeable. Ignorance = bliss? Maybe...

24. candyman macrumors regular

I say white. Sure, black is sexy, always has been, always will be. I chose white (male here) both because it will show less scratches and it is easily identifiable to being the largest iPhone model. Plus I do not have a case on mine (Carry it in a suede case when I'm not using it).

I have always thought of white products to be Apple. From the white iMacs and iBooks to the white keyboards to the original white iPods (white iPod earbuds are as recognizable as anything else out there in terms of who the company is). Most other tech gadgets, electronics, etc. are black, so it is also a way of standing out and being different!

Either one you choose will be great though so don't put to much into which color is right for you, especially if you're going to cover it by a case. You could be losing valuable time not getting able to play with your new iPhone everyday!

25. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Then call me blissful. ;)