What computer did you regret selling?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Jan 27, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Just curious to see if there are any lamentations out there. I'll start off.

I regret selling my first mac ever, a 12" 1.33GHz G4 PowerBook. I dunno what i was thinking and to top it off the computer that was meant to replace it was ***** (15" Al PB) and kept giving me issues up until i got rid of it.

2. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I actually regret selling my 12" powerbook. Just sold it and i REALLY miss its size.

3. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I have never sold any of my Macs (only had two), but I really regret giving my Powerbook 150 to my friends to be smashed. Even though it was like 15 years old, it was a beast.

4. razorme macrumors regular

razorme

I regret selling my Apple IIGS. I needed the money at the time. I had it loaded up with a Zip Chip and a Vulcan internal hard drive! It would have been neat to fire up once in a while to play with!

I don't regret selling any of my Macs!

5. curiosa863 macrumors member

6. ivan1234 macrumors regular

none, I usually upgrade computers ever year (sometimes more often that that)
    and I've never regretted selling them.

i don't get attached to material goods so thats probably why. :eek:

7. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Ditto. I've been trying to replace it for a while but i can only find used ones on ebay and i'm not a fan of buying used computers. I can handle refurbs from Apple but thats about it

8. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

I made £750 selling an old 20" iMac, the lampshade one (if that's how they're referred to). It was beautiful, and if I hadn't needed the money I would have kept it in my attic for my kids to marvel at.

9. smogsy macrumors 6502a

10. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

I wish I still had my GRiDCase 1520. Looked something like this...

[​IMG]

That's about it.

Side benefit of this thread... I now know about the TIMG tag and how to use it!

11. foxnl macrumors newbie

Allthough it's not an Apple, I still regret selling my Commodore Amiga in the late 80's. I basicly exchanged it for a multichannel audio, graphics accelerated, 4096 colour multimedia machine for a crappy 286 which could produce "beeps" as sound and had 16 colours at VGA resolution.

Search on youtube for "Amiga Demo" and be amazed of it's capabilities at that time...

12. jonswan macrumors regular

I sold a perfectly beautiful iMac G4 17 inch 1.25 ghz - one of the last made + t was in perfect condition. Needed the cash but only got £250 for it.
    Am now about to sell an old Powerbook 190 for £15 and that I'm happy to part with as I have a newer model in storage. I have about 7 Macs but the iMac G4 will always be the one that got away.

13. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

I had a 12" PowerBook G4 1.33Ghz w/768 MB of RAM. I only had it for a short while, but it was a beautiful computer. It's the one I wish I had held onto. :(

14. lindstrom macrumors member

I have recently started to really miss my 12" 1.5Ghz PB.

Sold it in January 2007 to be able to buy a MacBook. Granted I got a really good price for it, but I am more and more certain that it was more or less the perfect laptop for me. The size was just unbeatable. Would have kept it if I had not been a student at the time, and thus had to sell it to afford the new MB.

As I now have a full time job, if I found a new 12" PB I would by it without blinking.

15. errol macrumors 6502

errol

I regret selling my IIci that worked perfectly, it's apple color monitor, and apple scanner. They would have been great 1337 items to have today.

I also regret selling my 1.25 ppc Mini that I had.

16. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

This is shaping up to be an "ode to my 12" powerbook" thread

17. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

18. jonswan macrumors regular

My reaction to the yearning for 12 inch Powerbooks was to buy one - though it's only 1.0 ghz it still runs Leopard fine.

19. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I regret giving up my PowerBook G3 "Pismo" even though it was having some issues. I only had it for a month.

20. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

I sold my ZX81 so I could afford a 48k Spectrum, and in turn sold that so I could afford an Amstrad CPC6128. I now regret both sales, but how else was a (pre)teenager supposed to afford this stuff in the 1980s?

It was also hard throwing my old home-made PC in the dumpster a few months ago. It lasted from 1998/9 (I forget exactly), to when I switched in 2004. Over the years I'd lavished much love on it in the form of upgrades, repairs, virus removals, OS re-installs. It had 6 cooling fans and thus sounded like a washing machine.

SL

21. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

The macbook in my sig, I sold it to buy a 17" MBP that can burn the hide off of my lap! But I sold it and I'm awaiting a new SR MacBook, yay! lol

22. Paix247 macrumors 6502

Another vote for my 12" PB, my 867, not the 1.33 (which had all kinds of issues).

23. macnvrbck macrumors regular

An ode to the 12 inch powerbook thread this is!

I've only owned 1 mac and it's by baby, 12 inch 1.5Ghz Powerbook.

Just upgraded the HD to 160GB this weekend and hope to have it another 28 months! It's still worth what I paid for it, amazing!

24. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

every appl Ive sold has been for more than what Ive paid..:p

even the one new macbook and I reckon my new mbp is worth more than I paid for it right now... maybe not in 6 months when I plan to upgrade

25. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I miss my (beige) PowerMac G3. Was a screaming fast machine when I bought it, and even when I let it go it was still considered pretty fast.

Also regret my iMac (lampshade) G4 getting it's screen smashed in (ok, broken, not sold). Would still be using that now otherwise.