what could be more annoying than someone stealing your macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lozzy1234567890, May 29, 2010.

1. lozzy1234567890 macrumors member

Them stealing your charger for it, this as happened to me and god is it annoying, see you macbook there, knowing that you cannot use it unless you find the charger, thief or buy a new one. :(

2. cupalup macrumors newbie

I think seeing a charger and knowing that you have no MacBook to charge with it would he considerably more annoying.

3. jawa12083 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You can always look at cheaper Chinese websites..

Like dealextreme.com

4. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

i'll trade you my charger for your macbook if you think not having a charger is more annoying than not having a macbook.

he he he.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What could be more annoying than someone stealing your MacBook? Someone stealing your MacBook and leaving you with a windows laptop in it's place.

6. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

I think the point the OP was trying to make with the thread title flew right over your head.

7. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

The only logical reason to steal a charger is if the thief had either lost their own or damaged it.

8. landscapeman macrumors regular

9. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

Though apple's prices are a bit too high for their power supplies, there is no way I would connect a power supply from dealextreme to, well, anything. Their stuff does not inspire confidence, and when the thing smokes you have absolutely no recourse...

10. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

OMG that was to funny. That would make my heart stop!

11. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

My brother had his power supply switched when he was in Iraq. Three others use 13" MBP's in his camp. He keeps his super pristine, while others drag their's on the dirt. When he went to get his mail, he noticed his power supply was all scratched and dingy looking. He was so mad but laughing about it.

12. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Having 3 of your computers stolen during a period of time in which you were changing your backup schema and lost some really good stuff in the process.

And then finding out your insurance won't cover any computer loses. :mad:

13. cupalup macrumors newbie

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

For me, what was more annoying was that they stole my MBP and a couple thousand dollars worth of camera gear, lenses, memory cards...

... AND they busted in a car window to do it.

Oh, and none of it was covered by the level of insurance I had at the time.:rolleyes:

The most annoying thing of all: had I known about the insurance thing, adding the insurance coverage would've only cost me $50, and covered actual replacements costs, not just depreciated value.

Needless to say, I've got the insurance coverage now.

15. Fuzz02 macrumors newbie

Fuzz02

I'm rather lucky. In the past week I've ended up with three extra cords because of friends upgrading and throwing their laptops away. I'm so happy :)

16. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

def not true. craigslist has made all sorts of items valuable nowadays :eek:

17. RayK macrumors 6502

You might try eBay... with another computer. Its saved me a couple of times. I got an extra charger for my Air that way for only $25. New! Sucks to hear about your loss though. Thieves suck.

18. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

It's annoying, but ask yourself this - is it as annoying as, say, waking up one day to find somebody has daubed racist phrases on your car in their own excrement?

19. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

No, the theft of the laptop is more annoying. There have been birds and other wildlife that have relieved themselves on my car, and a water hose and a little soap has easily solved the problem.

Seeing as the culprit is no more civilized than the wildlife, and it's basically the same stuff, just more of it, this would be trivial compared to having my laptop stolen.

20. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

steeling the charger is like a tease. knowing you could use something but can't because your missing its life source. huge tease!!!! wow i would go insane lmao.

21. blackwind macrumors regular

I feel sorry for u man, Thats remind me "A thief got into someone's car that has car audio fully customs made. The thief couldn't pull out the Headunit (LCD TouchScreen, i think Alpine Eseries). you know what the thief did. Smash the Headunit, damage the interior, and before he gone, he smash the window." Luckily they caught the thief.

Well consider you are lucky. Why? coz u still have ur laptop, A/C charger isn't expensive, ebay and dealextreme might have them cheap. Or maybe your LOCAL secondhand ?

Cheers