Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
For me it's all about giving. And giving I did, it was great fun and a great time was had by all. Just seeing their smiles was wonderful.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
What book were you hoping for?

Me I got a pair of Klipsch S4i, which I am pretty pumped about.

I was really hoping for the "Human Anatomy Sculpting" in ZBrush. I didn't get it but no biggie since I ordered it right after unwrapping presents with an Amazon gift card I received :)

I was shocked my parents got me as much as they did. I told them I didn't need anything but gave them a list anyway since getting me nothing doesn't fly with them.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
No idea how he got it down the chimney! :p

apple_thunderbolt_display_2.jpg

Apple Thunderbolt Display

Also got a keyboard too, poor Rudolph and co having to carry all that! Will have to give them extra carrots next year...

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Back from the family!

I got loads of candy, 20$, BEAUTIFUL Scosche IDR655m earbuds, and Battlefield 3 for my PS3! :D

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I do have to say this year definitely took the cake for most random gifts received :p

I did get a bunch of useful books on Maya, ZBrush, Digital Matte Painting, and game asset creation, and a Seven Springs gift card (its a local ski resort) but they're boring to talk about so here is the random stuff:

-A framed picture of a cat (not even my cat, just a random cat lol)

-Lord of the Rings Pez dispenser set

-My sister is knitting me a dwarf costume head thing that is the helmet and beard (she claims its a gag gift but I don't know if I believe her ;) ).
(Those are random because I do like the Lord of the Rings movies but I am in no way obsessed with them, I've never read the books, and I always get the characters mixed up :p)

-A jar of fake snow (I don't even know what to do with that lol)

-A laptop computer ornament for my tree (They think I am obsessed with computers so I just go with it, in reality I'm not).

-An air mattress (???)

Needless to say though they spent waaaay too much on me but I am grateful for it.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
My God, you're near as old as me. :eek:

Are you descended from Dutch criminals?? :p

Nope, the crims went to Australia, and I'm a little rainbow Kiwi. I do remember my Mam and Da going first footing though.

My genealogy includes things like lassies from 'uddersfield and miners from Swansea. No convicts that I can own to though.

KGB:)

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
You should keep it to use on New Year's Eve when you go 'first footing' It's good to be able to bring cheer to a neighbours hearth.

KGB:rolleyes:

We do that at our home too. Coal, coins, bread, salt and either whiskey or scotch (I can't quite remember) are given at midnight on Jan 1.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Nope, the crims went to Australia, and I'm a little rainbow Kiwi. I do remember my Mam and Da going first footing though.

My genealogy includes things like lassies from 'uddersfield and miners from Swansea. No convicts that I can own to though.

KGB:)

Como esto??

Attachments

• rainbow_kiwi_frosted_mug-p1683860293517798872ln8n_400.jpg
    rainbow_kiwi_frosted_mug-p1683860293517798872ln8n_400.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 40

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I got a set of Bose Q15 headphones so I can drowned out all the noise at home and relax. They actually work really well, especially when listening to music. I also got a Desert Eagle 1911.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
Como esto??
Yes, very much like that. Aren't I a sweet little thing.

It finally clicked that in your association of a gift of coal and the Dutch. Swarte Piet (Black Peter) was the sidekick of Sinterklaas (St Nick) For the bad kids in town there would be a lump of coal from Black Peter, the goodies got the candy.

Oh and for the record, you still have a year or three on me, I've just turned 64.

When I get older losing my hair, many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out til quarter to three, would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, would you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four.

.... Or worlds to that effect,

KGB;)

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
I got from the family

• Socks
  • Boxers
  • Huge star wars poster ( will post pic when hung up )
  • New Fan
  • 100$ iTunes Card
  • Audio CD / DVD

Grand Mother got me

• 50$ iTunes
  • t-Shirt

Brother / Girl Friend

• Candles
  • Solar Lighting for my yard

What i bought my self

• iPhone 4 Doc
  • New Apple Keyboard
  • iphone 4s casings
  • Apple Battery charger
  • New Dinner bowl for the kitteh thomas the tank engine one!

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Three shirts (one Monopoly, one Pepsi, and one regular knit thermal), a blue hoodie, three pair of jeans (two Old Navy, and one Levi 511 [going back]), four gift cards (two $5 Orange Leaf, one $25 American Eagle, and one $5 Barnes & Noble), one remote controlled helicopter (I have absolutely no idea what they were thinking), one Airzooka (I've wanted one since I was a little kid, it's pretty fun), some money ($35) and a couple of little things (candy, body wash, etc.).

It was a very nice Christmas.

UlsterApple

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2011
Northern Ireland
iPod touch so I can keep 4000000 CDs on it and finally clear out the interior of my Land Rover - the head unit has an iPod input socket.
However it pales beside my daughter's iPad 2... been on that ever since, when I can get it off her...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.