What did you all order to go with your rMB's?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bounou, May 16, 2015.

1. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

Was curious what the rest of you have decided on buying to go with your rMB's?

So far i have ordered a suede sleeve from Waterfield, a Hub+ from Kickstarter.

Also strongly considering replacing my Thunderbolt display with a LG 34UC97 so I can connect both my rMB and Mac Mini to it.

It's either that monitor + windows 10 PC or a retina iMac whenever they release version 2.0. Really on the fence still.

Think i am finally going to give parallels a try also.

2. jimboutilier macrumors 6502a

A spare charger and charging cable, a USB-C to USB-A adapter, a dual USB/USB-C flash drive, and a couple of Digital AV adapters.

Eventually I'll acquire more USB-C peripherals as interesting things come out. And maybe some kind of sleeve or case once there are a good variety of dedicated models to choose from.

3. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

- USBC Digital AV Adaptor
    - Orange Chicken
    - Beef Broccoli
    - Fried Rice

That was what I bought with mine.

4. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

the digital av has been working out great and i don't even have my hdmi yet.

charging and usb 3'ing is the way to go

5. No-Me macrumors 6502a

- An extra charger + cable
    - Digital AV adapter
    - Two USB adapters
    - Leather Joli Originals sleeve
    - Google USB-C to Displayport cable

6. JTToft macrumors 68040

- If you decide to do that, please let us know how you get on. Quite a few users on here have been wanting to run a 3440x1440 monitor on the rMB, but it's currently pretty unknown how that will work.
    For one thing, 60Hz will probably be impossible with the Apple HDMI Multiport adapter, since it uses HDMI 1.4, which doesn't have enough bandwidth for that resolution at 60Hz.

7. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

I ordered a leather Toffee sleeve. It says it fits the 12" rMB, but was designed for the 11" MBA. One of the reviews said it fit the 12" rMB just fine. I will have to see because I have not received my new rMB yet.

8. French River macrumors member

Thank you. This is funny.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

• Tom Bihn Sleeve
    • Apple USB-C to VGA/USB-A Adapter
    • Google USB-C to USB-A Adapter
    • Cheap USB-A Hub with Ethernet and 3 USB-A Ports

I don't intend to use the adapters much, but have them around in case I need to plug into a legacy port on occasion.

10. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

You got the ebay Ethernet USB-C hub as well - could you let me know when you get yours? I have the same one on order, would appreciate it :)

11. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I got the Monoprice USB-C to HDMI adapter. Other than that, nothing so far. Still deciding on a case/sleeve, I'll get that soon. Haven't gotten a USB adapter yet, but I need to do that too.

I don't need a hub or anything like that. Don't really use the port much except for charging.

12. troubleonline, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015

troubleonline macrumors 6502a

troubleonline

A USB-C to USB-A adapter which has been sitting on my desk for 2 weeks waiting for something to be plugged into............It'll be another 15 days at least before it does!

Other than the connector and a case or sleeve I can't really imagine what else I might need accessory wise.

Although I would dearly love a pair of gold Beats wireless Studio Headphones to match the gold rMB I have on order.

EDIT: spend enough time around here and I find something else to spend my money on - have order/backed the Kickstarter hub+ too! That should really be it I think!!

13. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

A USB-C to USB-A adapter (from the Google Store, not Apple) and a Snugg sleeve.

I will probably get a spare charger and a spare cable. Don't need anything else.

14. KPOM macrumors G5

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. I ordered it about 4 weeks ago. Note that the one I have does not have an Ethernet port. It is USB-C to 4 USB-A. I have a "regular" USB to Ethernet hub that I use.

15. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

Ahh...I read that as one adapter. I ordered one with an Ethernet and supposedly 3 USB 3.0 ports.

16. Dunkrag macrumors member

Dunkrag

Extra charger block and USBC Charger cable
    USB C to USB A adapter
    BSE skin
    Sandisk USB A/ USB C flash drive
    Waterfield Design 12'' sleeve

17. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

1) Digital AV Multiport Adapter
    2) USB-C to USB Adapter
    3) Spare Wall Adapter and Cable

18. saifrc macrumors member

I ordered:

Apple USB-C to USB Adapter
    USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter

I ordered the Apple adapters on day 1, and received them well in advance of my MacBook, so I had them ready to go when the MacBook arrived. I used the AV adapter just once, so that I could install Windows 7 from my USB disc drive while keeping the machine charged. I used the USB-C/A adapter a couple of times to use a flash drive, and that's it.

Anker® Unibody Aluminum 3-Port USB 3.0 and Gigabit Ethernet Hub with 1.3ft / 40cm USB 3.0 Cable

I used this ethernet adapter to connect to my home LAN, just to test performance differences accessing my iPhoto library from my NAS, wireless versus wired. I'll throw it into my bag when traveling, if I end up at a hotel with bad Wi-Fi but good ethernet. I like that it works like a USB 3.0 hub as well; this plus the Digital AV adapter make a nearly full-fledged port replicator.

AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve

I just got this cheap sleeve until more customized sleeves start coming out. I'd really like an Incase ICON Sleeve with TENSAERLITE, but customized to the dimensions of the 12" MacBook.

So far, though, I've rarely used any accessories or adapters on a regular basis. I really only need them for one-off situations. I much prefer having clean lines and few "holes" in the machine, with the option to occasionally plug something in.

19. tillsbury macrumors 65816

I ordered the USB-C to USB-A adaptor, but I haven't used it as yet.

20. bounou thread starter macrumors 6502

bounou

The hub+ comes with a displayport connector so in theory I should able to get 60Hz with it, worse case scenario HDMI on the 34UC97 is supposed to be 50Hz.

The LG is great but it's not what I really want, what I want is a 5K Thunderbolt Display but of course that is not possible until Skylake.

Was thinking of getting a retina iMac but Today's update is not exactly blowing my socks off, not sure what I'm going to do. I might just wait.

21. Kiwi 99 macrumors regular

Kiwi 99

I accidentally ordered the VGA adapter when I meant to get the HDMI. So I cancelled it, and then thought I'd have a go at living the Phil Schiller dream.

So far so good, no adapters at all. I know it won't last, and I'll eventually get the HDMI adapter. In the meantime I've discovered just how handy AirDrop can be.

22. R4ng3r macrumors member

R4ng3r

which website did you buy the leather sleeves from?

23. tigerduck macrumors newbie

that huge apple HDMI+USB+whatever adapter for almost 100 bucks, and that silvery hub on kickstarter.

24. tigerduck macrumors newbie