Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be buying the new products?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exinor

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
It's ugly.*

I already have ugly. I have no wish to double down on ugly.

Pass.

*Sorry, you asked. :)
Haha no problem! Is it the general form factor from the 6 series or what specifically don't you like about it? I'm curious.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Haha no problem! Is it the general form factor from the 6 series or what specifically don't you like about it? I'm curious.
I haven't cared for the camera bump and the antenna lines since the 6 was released. We (my wife and I) ended up with the 6/6+ anyway due to circumstance (not because we liked the phone) and when the 6s/6s+ came out we happened to be porting out from our carrier so upgrading off ugly was a minimal cost type thing.

Now we're on the phones and since, IMO, Apple has made the camera bump even uglier on both models I feel no need to upgrade when there is a refesh coming next year. We hold on to our phones for a while so it's not really a big deal.

Features are less important to us because there's nothing we do that an iPhone 3GS cannot handle.

Apple has removed one of the antenna lines of course, but I just cannot get beyond that camera bump. If I was a case user it might not be a big deal, but I hate cases so there's that.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

Exinor

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
I haven't cared for the camera bump and the antenna lines since the 6 was released. We (my wife and I) ended up with the 6/6+ anyway due to circumstance (not because we liked the phone) and when the 6s/6s+ came out we happened to be porting out from our carrier so upgrading off ugly was a minimal cost type thing.

Now we're on the phones and since, IMO, Apple has made the camera bump even uglier on both models I feel no need to upgrade when there is a refesh coming next year. We hold on to our phones for a while so it's not really a big deal.

Features are less important to us because there's nothing we do that an iPhone 3GS cannot handle.

Apple has removed one of the antenna lines of course, but I just cannot get beyond that camera bump. If I was a case user it might not be a big deal, but I hate cases so there's that.
So you're mostly bothered by the protruding camera? I guess I agree to an extent, although I do welcome the increase in camera quality. It's weird because I do have a dedicated camera for pictures as well, but I feel like phone technology is advancing so rapidly, that unless I purchase a camera that costs at least $500, it's hardly a substantial difference.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I think niantic shot themselves in the foot with the band releasing after announcing a Watch app personally. I suspect a used gen one Watch will be around $120 or less here shortly particularly because the gen one watches, going forward, will have the same innards, minus gps, as gen 2. That little Pokémon band all of the sudden feel really pricey, all things considered. I can respect that there may have been glitches and other logistics to work out though.

As far as everything else, I wasn't terribly impressed. I don't see this year's phones as a terribly compelling reason to upgrade. A lot of that is because of how good I find iPhone 6s Plus to be, even running iOS 10. Aside from the camera improvements, there's no feature the 6s plus isn't getting (unless they just didn't announce it), so I'm happy sticking with that.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
So you're mostly bothered by the protruding camera? I guess I agree to an extent, although I do welcome the increase in camera quality. It's weird because I do have a dedicated camera for pictures as well, but I feel like phone technology is advancing so rapidly, that unless I purchase a camera that costs at least $500, it's hardly a substantial difference.
Yes. Aesthetics is most important to me when we get devices. We live with those devices for 2.5 to 3.5 years and then they move down to media devices for however long they continue to function.

So, since most of the time the device is either in my hand or right next to me how the device looks is important. I don't want to hate how it looks when I am looking at it (which is frequently).

And as long as I can text, make phone calls, email and do light internet browsing I'm fine. We don't take lots of pictures so camera quality is really not an issue (unless it really stinks). Most of the pics on my phone are screencaps anyway for various things.

We are probably an unusual case but again, features just are not as important to us as how the device looks.

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
Tim Cook was a shivering mess on stage to start with yesterday. Like I have been in the past whilst presenting a PowerPoint presentation that I finished the night before.

Too much 'the best', 'the fastest', 'the most powerful' this year, its getting boring quick. The graph of their YOY chip power improvements is just an unquantifiable line now.

I still enjoy watching the events but they certainly don't hold the same novelty as they used to.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I thought it was a good keynote, and the products rolled out were impressive. I'm not in the market for a new phone, but I'm impressed with the iPhone 7. While not as feature packed as prior generations, they did add a lot.

The apple watch is a nice update as well

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
Thank you for all your comments and votes its interesting to see what other people think.

Overall i loved the event the only things i did not like were the Air pods i think they're ugly personally and the iPhone price in the UK is outrageous now. No idea if that is because of Brexit or what but its very steep. Good thing the Upgrade program is coming to the UK and maybe apple raised it so that we would go down the upgrade program route. Either way I will be getting a 128gb Black iPhone 7 Plus

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not buying anything new.. iPhone 7's look ok, but i'm wondering why Apple needed duel camera for this... May be easier cos u have two lenses but that can be all done in software and have onely one lens... eventually ... Perhaps on next iPhone.

Apple's clever at doing this. but it is a first step... Good event anyway

Reactions: MathersMahmood
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.