What do you Expect as specs for iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steponeman, Jun 16, 2015.

1. steponeman macrumors member

steponeman

Hey everyone, as you know everytime we see ne specifications when a new iPhone get released, i wonder what specs the next iPhone will bring up, what do you expect dear iPhone Fans?

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Specs are non "S" phones generally mean only a 20% processor performance faster. Similar camera. The real reason to get the 7 is just a form factor change

Got that?

3. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

And the form factor is the main reason I buy it. I have a 6, so the 6S is not a big interest. Certainly likely nice improvements but not enough to make me fork out the better part of a thousand dollars. Force touch and a faster CPU/GPU and camera improvements are nice but not enough to fork out that kind of cash. I'll wait and take those improvements with a new form factor in the 7.

4. steponeman thread starter macrumors member

steponeman

I know the next iPhone will get a better and faster CPU/GPU but there may be something new, i don't know but Apple is used to surprise its users, i mean a completly new feature as the fingerprint featur which has been something surprising with the smartphones Apple released ago. what do you imagine?

i think there will be something like hologram included on the next iPhones :) just thinking and expecting.

5. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I expect no difference from the current iPhone 6 & 6 Plus as far as design and screen side. I do however expect the screen resolution of the 6S to bump up to 1920x1080p while the 6S Plus to have a 2560x1440. I expect both models to have 2GB of RAM with a Quad-Core CPU. Camera resolution to be 12MP with 2MP front. Battery life of the 6S Plus should be increased to 3,200mAh - 3,500mAh.

6. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

I expect the screen res will stay below the competition

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

OP is talking about the iPhone 7 (2016 September edition).

He's not talking about the 2016 September edition.

8. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

That would only cost about $2000.

9. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

It would cost around the same as ever other quadHD smartphone currently sold. (Nexus 6, Note 4, LG G4…etc.)

10. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I don't think much changes will come. I think they will solidify the iPhones and iOS!

11. AlphaTeam macrumors regular

AlphaTeam

I'm hoping for a power button, faster processor, rocker button for volume, better camera, a place to plug my headphones in, a port to charge it, a better screen and a home button.

12. lazard macrumors 65816

modest spec bumps, increased processor speed, probably a better camera...that's about it.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, more than likely somewhat more than that, like a design change (which can bring other things with it as well beyond some spec/hardware bumps).

14. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

6S and 6S plus will share all the features.

A9 which will essentially be a downsized A8X with the same specs (tri-core, 2GB of RAM), bumped up GPU though.
    Same screens, now with Force Touch.
    Same design.
    12 MP camera with the RGBW sensor, possible a new camera system in general with that Israeli company they bought a couple of years ago.
    Dropping the base 16GB option, 32,64,128,256 GB versions now standard, hopefully with the same way of pricing as with the iPod Touch ($50 per memory doubling).
    As with iPad Air 2, they get rid of the Mute switch.

That's about it really, at least what I can think of. If you count color as a spec though, add a rose gold to the list.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Isn't this about iPhone 7 though?

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Given the thread title, are you talking about iPhone 7 (as in the model expected to come out next year), or given what you actually wrote in the OP are we talking about iPhone 6s (as in the next iPhone model expected to come out later this year)?

17. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

I see everybody here talking about the 6S and I presume the OP means the 6S.

If he's talking about the one after that, I don't know what Apple pulls out of its sleeve.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like the thread title specifies iPhone 7. But then again seems like there's a disconnect about what the OP itself contains as well. Seems like the OP should clarify.

19. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

The next phone is the 6S. Titles says 7. Now we wait to see what the OP really means: 6S or 7.

20. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Seems like they mean the iPhone this year, aka iPhone 6s.

21. steponeman thread starter macrumors member

steponeman

about iPhone 7 isn't it the iPhone coming next year, i was just asking and trying to know each one opinion about the specs that could be features in that iPhone that Apple will release next

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

So...about iPhone 7 coming out next year, or the next iPhone (likely 6s) coming out later this year?

When you mention both it's hard to tell which one you are asking about exactly.

23. ABC5S, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

ABC5S macrumors 68040

Some sites have suggested the next iPhone will be called iPhone 7 and not the 6s because of the amount of updates that will warrant the 7 number over 6s, but that is just talk. Do a google search, and you all can read up on this rumor.

Here are three examples

http://www.theweek.co.uk/iphone-7/62138/iphone-7-significant-changes-for-2015-handset

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2411938/iphone-7-seven-of-the-best-rumours-so-far

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/ipho...-rose-gold-force-touch-iphone-7-wwdc-3589633/

24. aneftp macrumors 68040

It's hard to figure what apple will call the next version of the iPhone.

But look at iPad Air 2 example. It was a massive upgrade (thinner form factor, 3 cores , 2x the ram , much better camera). fully lamented screen and anti reflective.

In all aspects it should have been called something different than iPad Air 2.