What do you have against the fanboys?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayman34187, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

Nothing and everything at all. I’m tired of hearing them blabbering about ohh-how-great Apple is. I don’t care and that’s why I get annoyed when they (fanboys) try to push it unto you with great force and sweating excitation.

I’ve seen a lot of people wearing the Think Different t-shirts, and I’ve one thing and one thing only to say to you: Yes, I do think different. That’s why I don’t go around advertising for a company that makes zombies out of customers.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'd rather have the fanboys than the distractors and "Cool Story, Bro" zombie posters.

3. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They're lesser of the two evils.

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

IMO, its one thing to like a product, brand. Its entirely another to be blinded, and have a "do no wrong" opinion of a company. It removes the possibility of a mature conversation on the merits of competitor's products and the faults of the company one loves so much.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

To me a "fanboy" is a person who is irrationally and/or emotionally devoted to a product or company. If you criticize the product or company, they are personally offended and immediately lash out at you as if you insulted them. This isn't just an Apple issue.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people here who criticize fanboys of Apple here but are themselves irrationally devoted to some other company's products--like Android for example. The whole situation makes it difficult to have an objective discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of various technologies here.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, but the possibility of a mature conversation has been taken to a new low with a flurry of "Cool story, Bro." At least a year ago, we just had fanboys.

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Both are equally counter-productive.

9. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Or it could be that the company makes great products that millions of people love?
    It's no coincidence that Apple has close to $50 billion in the bank ...

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, there's nothing more to a "Cool story, Bro" one-liner, whereas you can actually respond to fanboys' posts.

11. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Not me. I rather like the "Cool story, Bro" posts as it saves me the trouble of doing them myself. Besides, you have to admit that 1) some people use the forums as their own personal blog and 2) people regularly post poorly-written novels detailing all of the excruciating minutiae of their (or not even theirs, but their brother's girlfriend's cousin's) latest visit to the Genius Bar or whatever when in fact, nobody cares.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Anyone using that line needs to grow up, including yourself.

13. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

True dat. At least fanboys are capable of putting together a sentence. "Cool story, bro" is pretty much the red flag that the poster is an idiot.

14. shadygrove macrumors regular

Along the same lines as a "Cool story, brah" poster is a "Fail" poster. God that's annoying and absolutely worthless to the content of the thread. Any serious person reading these forums wanting to find info on Apple products will always skip over the "Fail" posts even if what the "fail" world is implying is correct.

15. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

android/windows fanboys are much much worse than apple fanboys. For example:

Android/windows fanboy "Apple sucks! they're too confined and over priced for what you get, I could build a computer in a beige box for half the price"

Apple fanboy "Apple rocks! They work so well and are damn sexy too"

notice the difference?

16. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/5.0.019802/19.892; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Why do you post on an Apple forum if you don't like the people who support Apple products?

17. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

This.

18. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Cool story bro is getting on my nerves. At least you can have a good heated flame war with the fanboys. J/k :D

19. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Fanboism goes both ways.

There are those who obsessively love Brand-X, going to every forum, joining every discussion, and otherwise taking every opportunity to love 'them some Brand-X.

Then there are those who do exactly the same thing, only to hate 'them some Brand-X.

I suppose they're like two sides of the same coin.

20. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Apple fanboys and android fanboys
    Ruining Internet forums since 2007

21. Ironworker808 macrumors regular

Yes.

22. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

i agee, can't stand those "cool story / fail" posts even if what they're commenting on is lame. just might as well not comment and make the post fade to oblivion instead of bumping it up again.

23. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

"Fanboy" is a label given by non-Apple supporter/lovers or Apple-haters whenever Apple decides to do something and that person doesn't agree over that decision. When the fanboy justifies why Apple decided to do so in order to explain - regardless if s/he agrees or not with Apple's decisions - than s/he get labeled.

24. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

In the OP's mind, if you defend an Apple product, or even just support an Apple product (particularly the iPhone) you're a fanboy.

25. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Perhaps you misunderstood. I don't actually post that line; I like seeing it so often as it saves me the trouble. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.