What do you have for breakfast each morning?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I just want to know what you have for breakfast every morning. I know a lot of people who don't even have breakfast. :rolleyes: Bad for their energy levels, concentration, and metabolism (yes folks, not eating breakfast might actually make you fatter).

I eat muesli cereal with soy milk every day. I don't mind if that sounds boring. I guess I could mix it up a bit and try something else, but I really do enjoy my muesli. :) I also enjoy some bacon and hashed browns in the morning, but this is more rare. I can't eat eggs (not allergic, but it makes me want to throw up), so potato is a decent substitute to go with something like bacon. I don't like the hashed brown "sticks" like you get at McDonalds. I like mine in chunky individual pieces. :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Banana, handful of dried apricots or other dried fruit, strong milky coffee. Eaten on the run or in front of the Mac.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
No breakfast, but that's only because I eat my first meal at 12:10PM. As I have 3 meals a day (lunch, dinner, supper) - you can probably technically consider my first meal as breakfast.

And there, I have whatever the dining commons has. Which is usually some variety of hot dogs, burgers, cheese fries, pasta, cheesesteaks, etc.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I'm becoming thoroughly French-ified. Brioche, orange juice, yogurt, tea, maybe a little fruit. Now when I have bacon, eggs, and all that it doesn't sit so well as it once did.

L

Lau

Either toast and Marmite or my own museli. I made it myself with oats and dried fruit and almonds, and then I defrost a mug full of frozen raspberries and blackcurrants by pouring boiling water over them, and after 5 minutes the water's cold and the fruit's defrosted. I then pour the mixture over the museli, as I don't like milk, so cold water on cereal suits me fine. Oh, and I always have a couple of cups of proper black coffee, and usually a glass of water cause I'm always thirsty.

At weekends I'm partial to scrambled egg, if I have any eggs, which is rare. :eek:

I don't especially like breakfast food though. It's really boring compared to the other meals. :D

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Usually some sort of cereal, whatever my wife buys. And coffee. Really, it doesn't matter what I eat as long as it is taken with coffee. Sometimes I just fill a bowl with coffee beans and eat them pretending they're cereal.

Ok, so not really.

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Usually, I don't eat breakfast, but I've heard before what Abstract said, that not eating breakfast slows down the metabolism. So, now I have a box of Cheerios at my desk, and I'll have a dry cup of those in the morning, probably 3-4 times a week.

On the weekends, I usually wake up too late to have any breakfast, and just go straight into lunch. :)

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I'm usually on the run, so every weekday morning a grab a cup of orange juice and either a pop tart or some sort of breakfast bar on the way out. That oj is really all I need.

On the weekends I'll make eggs or have a nice bowl of cereal- Cinnamon Life or Honey Nut Clusters.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
gauchogolfer said:
I'm becoming thoroughly French-ified. Brioche, orange juice, yogurt, tea, maybe a little fruit. Now when I have bacon, eggs, and all that it doesn't sit so well as it once did.
Mmm... Brioche, Mmm... even better, Brioche with Apricot Jam.

I'm getting hungry now.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Oatmeal and a slice of canteloupe or toast and jam.

If I'm on the run, I get some greasy, icing-drenched cinnamon roll thing at the 7-11 and a 20-ounce Coke to wash it down with. I can actually feel my pancreas wrenching. :cool: :D

I loves me some fat, flour and sugar.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Granola bar and a couple cups of decaf. Had to switch from the regular stuff, but can't give up that morning ritual...

Now my brother-in-law likes to talk about a buddy of his who'll fry up a pound of bacon, then fry up two thick slices of "texas toast" in the leftover bacon grease, smear the toast with cream cheese, pile the bacon on, and eat it. :eek:

Yikes!

And Lau, I generally agree with you that breakfast food is the most boring of the three meals with certain exceptions: Fritattas, sweet crepes, and really good egg/potato scrambles.

Anyone who's been to Zachary's in Santa Cruz can vouch for the Mike's Mess on their menu.

emdotdee

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2003
Widnes, Cheshire, England.
I have an oat cluster fruit cereal with milk and a good helping of organic live yoghurt. i also add some honey on top unless i'm using a flavoured yoghurt.

started to drink ovaltine in the mornings aswell do to it's added vitamins etc etc.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Mainly cereal. My preference is Cinnamon Grahams but is normally Frosties or a Museli type thing.