What do you have planned for April Fool's Day?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
April Fool's Day is the year's best holiday.

Do you have any surprises planned for your family, friends, roommates, coworkers, enemies, or complete strangers?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Generally speaking, I don't too much. I've pranked my co-workers on numerous occasions but since I work out of my house for the majority of time, I've not done much.

I'll pull a couple of things on my kids and wife, though I haven't come up with any specifics yet

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
Haven't played any April Fools jokes since I was at school. Do adults really do that sort of thing? Must be just across the pond I guess.
It always startled me how much effort Google puts into April fools jokes. I wouldn't say it is a reason why I don't like them, however.

ejb190

macrumors 65816
A number of years ago I superglued a quarter to the floor near the gum ball machine at my parent's store. I couldn't count the number of people who tried to pick it up! It lasted for about two years until someone must have pried it up.

Last year I took a McDonalds cup, glued some magnets on the bottom, and put it on the top of my wife's car. She couldn't figure out why everyone was honking and waving at her. Unfortunately, it didn't stay on at highway speeds as it was gone by the time she got to work. I'll have to get some heavier magnets and try it again.

Many, many years ago, I put small Post-It notes on the bottom of all the optical mice in the department. Given that I was the default IT person, it was easy to pull off the note and make it look like nothing was wrong...

Now that I work in an office by myself, April Fools Day isn't near as much fun...

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
It's not a day I think about it until I see something (trickery) that was done to someone else. Otherwise, I don't participate with it.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Last year I took a McDonalds cup, glued some magnets on the bottom, and put it on the top of my wife's car. She couldn't figure out why everyone was honking and waving at her. Unfortunately, it didn't stay on at highway speeds as it was gone by the time she got to work. I'll have to get some heavier magnets and try it again.
Last year I was driving along the highway when a McDonald's cup full of magnets smashed through the windscreen.......:D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Maybe some industrious person will replace all of your coffee gear with cardboard replicates...:p
A few years ago at work, someone was on holiday and while they were away a couple of people wrapped everything on his desk in newspaper. Computer, screen, keyboard, mouse, individual pens, stapler, each book on the bookshelf...

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I haven't seen too much here this year. A weather site has a recommend clothing section, usually listing 1 or 2 layers at this time of year. Today it said zero :p

This one got some people hook, line and sinker though!