Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
Encrypted passwords on my small one, larger ones to move files. Should load all those old floppies on to one of the large ones and trash the floppies.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
I just keep old school projects and random files on mine. Now the big question is where did I put it now that I am done with Uni.

I still have my older one that I accidently broke when it was plugged into a PM. Should see about getting it fixed if at all possible.

Oh, and I do not wear my flash drives around my neck.

MacAnkka

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2006
Finland
Pfft! Wearing flash drives on your neck is for n00bs. Cool people, like me, have a USB flash drive/MP3-player wrist watch! :p

erikistired

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2006
(770)
about the only time i use mine is to transfer files between my mac and pc, easier than pulling big files across the wireless.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
Lau said:
That was probably my brother.
Well, you might as well tell your brother not to attempt any of those manoevuers on there, since they are professional drivers on a closed course... that, and the thing with the horse is just impossible (not from personal experience) :eek:

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
Formatted as a custom-rolled Damn Small Linux distro boot device for setting up some NTavo "thin clients." (use this quite liberally in this instance... want to play with some SunRays.) It also contains various installer files, Mac OS X Administration PDFs, some project files for various working apps.

It's a very beat up 128mb SanDisk Cruzer mini. I have a fairly new 512mb one with various odds and ends somewhere around here, but I cannot find it.

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
2gb drive holds a backup my day's work, new music to transfer to my laptop from my desktop, random inter-office media (sound clips modtly), pictures to transfer to my laptop, my entire guitar tab collection :) , and random documents (my resume, contact sheets, spreadsheets, etc) Life without it would be a bitch.

cjc343

macrumors 6502
2GB, formatted into two partitions, the first one (700MB) has a bootable copy of parallelknoppix, and about 70MB free. The other partition has files that need to be mounted as writeable when running PK. The only annoyance I've run into is that Windows doesn't acknowledge the second partition (where most of the free space is) so I have trouble transferring larger files with it.

64MB, Filled mostly with schoolwork.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
On my 512MB SanDisk Cruzer Micro I have: some apps: BitTorrent, Carbon Copy Cloner, iSquint, Pacifist, TinkerTool, VLC, and VNC Viewer.
I also have a video poker game that I installed at work ( :D), and some videos that got sent around, so I can have sound with them (PC at work doesn't output sound for some reason. Oh well.)
I also have the most recent security update for Panther that I still need to put on my cousin's eMac. I should probably put DiskWarrior and/or TechTool Pro on there too...

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
I don't use it, but if I did I'd probably put the combined populations of China and India on it.

:)

50TB flash drives here we go!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.