What do you like most about the new MacBook Pros

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdonisSMU, Nov 5, 2016.

?

What do you like most about the new MacBook Pros

1. Price

2. Ports(in general)

3. Keyboard

4. Display

5. No USB

6. No SD Slot

7. Magsafe gone

8. Processor/Speed

9. Portability/Size

10. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I've decided to inject some positivity in this forum. What do you all like most about the new MacBook Pros?

2. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

3. PaulWog Suspended

What I like most: The screen.

What I like least: The price increase (the increase in value doesn't seem to match the price increase).

4. Guda.FL macrumors regular

So far....screen, feel and color. And thats it :/

Went out to work at a coffee shop today...wanted to charge my iphone and that sort of was painful not having a dongle lol. There was a lot of internal laughing about spending 2k and not being able just charge my phone. So i bumped into that today.

5. jjlannoo Suspended

you know an adaptor is $9 with free shipping. Alternatively you can buy a USB-C to lightning cable and just keep it with your computer.

6. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I have to laugh too. Sad laugh actually

7. Altis macrumors 68020

The screen is exceptionally nice.

You maybe should have put the Touchbar in that poll in case someone finds it useful.

8. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

I like the fact they raised the price so much it has me backing down from buying one. I have my retirement fund to think about,so not spending this crazy amount on a laptop should really help.

9. Smoovejayy macrumors regular

We have to plan accordingly for these situations if we're investing into this laptop.

I like the portability this pro comes with. I don't have many gripes with it :)

10. jjlannoo Suspended

It was expensive last year, when has Apple ever been affordable? lol

Seems to me they just got rid of the low end configs

11. Guda.FL macrumors regular

ok. But i also do photography and during that time thought of loading some things off my sd card...i guess what i bumped into is having to carry 3-4 cables with me. That part of this new mb is little annoying, maybe a year or 2 too early to dump ports. Thats just my opinion, otherwise it makes the previous one look old.

12. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

I don't understand why the biggest revolution in this MacBook Pro lineup isn't even listed in the poll.

The touchbar. Hello?

13. Balaamsdonkey macrumors 6502

Dang it, OP you left freaking TouchID out. WTF is wrong with you? ;)
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2016 ---
    Maybe because no one has tried it?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2016 ---
    You know someone that hates the new machines will come in here and **** all over it. It's sad but true. Angry people hate it when other people aren't also angry. And aren't you also one of the people that seems to hate them?

14. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

The question is...

What Do You Like About The New MacBook Pros?

Really, nobody has tried one yet, with the exception of those that got the stripped-down version.

So, are we talking about THOSE machines or the ones to come?

15. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Have you never heard of 'principle'?

16. Balaamsdonkey macrumors 6502

jjlannoo was just providing solutions. Why is everyone so butt hurt at people that aren't even defending Apple. They are actively trying to provide solutions to people and guys like you bring the conversation down with comments like that.

17. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

I didn't see touchbar on there? It gets crapped on a lot but I think it's gonna be fun to use

18. nostrum macrumors member

The price. After all Apple could easily have charged so much more for such a quality device, but limiting the price increase below a thousand just shows how compassionate and in touch with their dedicated user base they are.They also knew we'd need dongles and so they've cut the price on those to make the transition easier.

The thinness and lightness is also welcome as we'll be able to balance the weight lost with the weight gained from carrying the various dongles. Apple think of everything.

19. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

You forgot the /s

20. golosin2 macrumors member

Touchpad, touchbar and keyboard. The things I have to work with.

Currently I have a 2015 MacBook and I absolutely love the keyboard.

21. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

That was an inside joke for jjlannoo.

22. Abaganov macrumors regular

should add the space grey on the options list. I knows its pretty silly but I think it just looks so much better now

23. csicilia macrumors member

In my case what I like most is the reduction in size, with almost the size of my old 2011 13'' I will have a new 15'', fast SSD is a big plus for me too.
    What I will really miss for my kind of use is the key lock slot, that really hurts me and the way to overcome it it is really messy.

24. bjet767 macrumors 6502a

I really like the hours of entertainment I've gotten reading all the complaints and predictions of doom for Apple.

I'm amazed at how every time Apple provides and updated or new product, soft or hard, for sale or distribution so many people gripe and complain. Much better than watching those reality shows on the TV.

[​IMG]

25. jeffg819 macrumors regular

The fact that's its pushing technology forward. The sooner we get to one connector, the better.