Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I currently have the space grey iPhone 6s Samsung version. I absolutely love it. These are the best iPhones ever made.

As much as I love the space grey color, I also love gold and the silver. Both very elegant.

I was thinking of buying them and using a different color every few days, or every week.

For example, Monday through Thursday I could rock the space grey. Then on Friday and Saturday if I'm partying I could rock the gold. I could then mellow out with the silver on Sunday.

What are your thoughts? I'd really like all three colors.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Not sure why you need the feel to have other colors as well but since it's your money, suit your self.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I spent $325 with tax for the space grey I'm using.

The gold would be $749 plus tax

The silver would be $749 plus tax

So I'm looking at an additional $1,600.

BUT

I will be getting the iPhone 7 no questions asked. So I have about 10 months left to enjoy...

At that point I would sell all three and get a bunch of the money back.

How much could I expect to get back on eBay?

EDIT: just looked it up on eBay.

About $390 after fees per iPhone.

So $1170 made. About $1950 spent.

Net cost = $780

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Maybe $500 on each if you are lucky. But the market will be flooded with used 6S's when the 7 comes out. I'd stick with my suggestion of having a bonfire with all your extra money you have sitting around.

I just edited my last post. My calc is about $390 in hand per iPhone after all the eBay fees

Laserducky

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
I currently have the space grey iPhone 6s Samsung version. I absolutely love it. These are the best iPhones ever made.

As much as I love the space grey color, I also love gold and the silver. Both very elegant.

I was thinking of buying them and using a different color every few days, or every week.

For example, Monday through Thursday I could rock the space grey. Then on Friday and Saturday if I'm partying I could rock the gold. I could then mellow out with the silver on Sunday.

Why stop at only the iphone ? You could try the same with the Apple Watch : its has more combinations of colours/cases/bands for you to buy ! ;-)

Cheers!

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Forgetting price I would not want to try to keep them all in sync. Pointless and way too much work. I have 4 or 5 cases of different colors. Much simpler solution.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
If I was loaded I probably would do this, but I'm not..

I simply cannot see any reason to own different colours of the same phone, especially when a new version comes out every 12 months. Just buy a different colour every year. I've always considered it OTT when people own the Plus and the smaller model but the OP takes things to a whole new level.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
May 12, 2010
if you are rich enough, go for it, I would just get one and use multiple cases, I would think it would be a hassal having different phone numbers for each one, dont know how this would be worked out on a carrier.

wanna give me some money so I can experiment with the 6s vs 6s plus?:)

Reactions: Laserducky

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010

Lol, if you're well off enough, why not?

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Knock yourself out if you want to, but I can think of a lot of other things to spend my money on. Colour coordinating my phone with my daily outfit isn't a priority, and if I did want to do that, I'd just get some nice cases.

C

Hunk4u

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2015
Hyderabad

Only Millionaires can think like that :D I love the green one, it simple rocks (But I don't really own one)!! Green and pink are always the stylish panels that have been mostly demanded but are less in production. However, I was looking for a green panel for Samsung brand on the Flipkart mobile store. If any available, will buy it right away ! :D

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Only Millionaires can think like that :D I love the green one, it simple rocks (But I don't really own one)!! Green and pink are always the stylish panels that have been mostly demanded but are less in production. However, I was looking for a green panel for Samsung brand on the Flipkart mobile store. If any available, will buy it right away ! :D
Green and pink?

Hunk4u

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2015
Hyderabad
Green and pink?

Yeah, something like this :p A little darker..

Apple-iPhone5C-16GB-ATT-Green-2.jpg

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
The problem is having everything in sync, especially if you use messaging platforms like whatsapp/Line, which can only be installed on one phone. There's a way around this, which is backing up the phone into iTunes, and restoring the backup into another phone. But then having to do this every single time is just annoying.

If you really must have different looking phones, buying different cases is easier.

duction

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2010
U to the K

I give it a week before you get robbed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.