Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
Matiandos said:
signed & enjoying my MBP.

if it wasnt for the fact that every other manufacturer has announced merom laptops, i would have bought. but this is just ridiculous. if they arent comming out, say until 2007, then just tell us already.

iMinnesotan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Will continue to wait...

My budget was set to get a 17" MBP in August, which would be my first Mac and my first notebook. Since I've waited this long, I plan to hold out for the next revision. Of course I'm also disappointed, as I was prepared to place an order for a Merom MBP yesterday. :rolleyes:

Cue

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Edinburgh, UK
Taking into consideration that the Apple-Expo ends this Saturday the 16th, it rules out the 19th for the updates.

It doesn't make sense to release an updated MBP after the Expo. It defies the purpose of it!

The 26th is possible though still early. So I guess that puts us right into October. That's unless they decide to release by the end of the Expo which I doubt!

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
Cue said:
Taking into consideration that the Apple-Expo ends this Saturday the 16th, it rules out the 19th for the updates.

It doesn't make sense to release an updated MBP after the Expo. It defies the purpose of it!

The 26th is possible though still early. So I guess that puts us right into October. That's unless they decide to release by the end of the Expo which I doubt!

That may be true, but I don't think apple really cares about the paris expo, nor would they worry about running their schedule by it. They could release MBP's on the 19th just as they could release them on the 26th, or next year.

dclocke

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Cue said:

I don't think it rules out the 19th at all. This expo was for iPod/iTunes/Media announcements. Not systems. The iMac was updated last Wed. without an expo. I think there's a good chance there could be an update on the 19th. I will quote myself as a reference.

http://dlocke.blogspot.com/2006/09/macbook-pro-updates.html

Now I will sit back and wait for the insults to fly towards me.

iMinnesotan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
MacRumors is speculating an update to Aperture around the Photokina event, so perhaps there will be a corresponding MBP update if Aperture can take advantage of 64 bit in Merom for performance. Or feel free to call me an idiot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.