what do you think of the white iP4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patent10021, Jul 17, 2010.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68030

patent10021

I'm thinking about getting the white iP4. It looks great in photos and video when it's brand new but I'm worried that it will show dirt easily. Eventually dirt gets into the insides of buttons and who knows about the paint if it gets scratched. It may reveal black or grey body parts underneath. Wondering if it will look a bit like plastic too Also I heard that displays are more difficult to look at on a white device. I thought it was the opposite.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i guess you don't understand what the iPhone is made of. :rolleyes:

3. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

The color is under the glass so cannot get dirty

4. Mshilling macrumors regular

IMO it looks like a toy. really clashes with the screen. white on the back would be nice but on the front it just looks out of place and awkward.

5. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I think it's late.
    Not my style...but why should that matter to you? Dust and smudges should be less apparent on white than black.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

The black screen and the white front really don't look good together. They should've just stuck with a white back only.

8. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

The white iPhone looks more feminine... and I'm worried about that if after a year of being out in the sun etc it will turn that dull yellow. Because black matches everything, no matter what wallpaper you have it wouldn't matter; the wallpaper would kind of 'blend' with the black iPhone. The screen on the white iPhone may look... abnormal most of the time i.e. really noticeable, but as I said just before, the black would kind of suit/match/blend.

9. RC83 macrumors 6502

10. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I think it looks really nice naked. However, the photos I have saw with a bumper and other cases make it's looks dissipate.

It's your call. Personally I think I will buy one with my add-a-line and then have both in hand. Then I plan on paying the ETF and selling the one I like less (99% sure it will be the white) on eBay.

If only I could figure out how to ditch the data plan and only have to pay the extra $10 a month I wouldn't even pay the ETF, and profit much more. In any event I will still make my money back and a little more by paying the ETF and eBay'in it.

Blonde Buddhist

11. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Always preferred black; always feared the white color yellowing over time (age) or if faced in enough sunlight (chemical). But I like it, just feels more of color for ladies.

-C

12. xraytech macrumors 68030

How long should we wait before we tell the OP the color is applied underneath the glass not on top.

13. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I'd say I probably would have gone with white if it had been available at the same time.. after seeing some photos. I like it a HELL of a lot more than I thought i would. Maybe a return until the white ships... undecided. It's pretty sexy and with a black bumper would be great.

14. xraytech macrumors 68030

White back looks great! But the white front, not so much.

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

They did already.

16. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

17. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

It's for girls!! But really it looks odd with the white front and a bumper... the screen doesn't blend well. Without a case it looks pretty okay but we all know about that situation.

18. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

I personally think it looks really nice. I'm a guy, and I always get ***** for saying that haha. I thought the white on the 3G/S looked kinda tacky, but I think that it looks great on the i4, especially with the stainless steel. It's a sexy phone, for sure.

I've held out this long, I can't wait to get it.

I ordered the clear agent 18 shockband and white leather back from SGP to go with it.

19. leftcoast macrumors member

Besides two asian guys that I've seen with white iphones every guy I know with a white iphone is gay. I personally think they look nice but my preference is the sleek black.

20. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

yeah exactly how I feel. I couldn't care less if people think the white is girly I think it looks great and I like that there wont be many of them in the wild.

21. Savor Suspended

Savor

Reminds me of a resurrected iPod that can make a phone call. By iPod, I mean the 1st - 6th gens before dubbing them the iPod classic in 2007. People forget white is the classic color of the iPod. White matches with the headphones, charger, dock, and many other accessories.

I like it, but since I have never seen one in person, I can't give you a definitive answer. Not really my taste. The all-white just seems to feminine to me. If I was a chick, I would have considered it. Plus, black shows more contrast when watching videos. But I am getting sick of black though. I have too many electronic devices like it. At least the all-white shows less fingerprints.

22. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

It looks like one of them Chinese fake iPhones.

23. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

The black on the front is only black when the phone is off silly.

24. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

I hated the 3G white iphone, it looked girly

But I am really digging the "coke" white iphone 4:)
    "coke" white iphone with a black bumper for FTW

25. Philalbe macrumors 6502

I'm a guy too, and usually I wouldn't even consider a white phone, but I think the white iPhone 4 looks amazing. There's something about the color white with all that glass and stainless steel that makes the design look very clean and visually pleasing. I wish I had been patient enough to hold out. My black phone is shipping as we speak. It's funny how the white isn't even available yet, yet all the case vendors are using it in there ads. It looks pretty cool with some of the different cases out there.