What do you think the new iPhone will look like?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MXChristian11, Apr 22, 2008.

1. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

I was going through the threads on here and i couldn't find that much design mock ups for the new 3G iPhone coming out. So, i am making this to allow everybody to view each others great concept designs of the new iPhone. I am currently in the process of creating one right now, and will have it posted shortly. So start designing....We want to see!!!:D

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I'll give you a hint. It's going to look exactly like the current iPhone with a different antenna inside.

3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

well aparently there is a photo of the phone already. Its the same on the front but an extra shiny black back. With a more professional look. The pic is floating around the forum somewhere.

4. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Eactly the same, but possibly thinner.

5. MXChristian11 thread starter macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

i didn't ask what its going to look like, i already know....;)
    i just want to see what you guys have created. It doesn't have to be exact, just create something crazy!!

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

It's going to look similar to what it already looks like. Hence no need to go crazy and suggest something radically different (e.g. it'll have a keyboard, use a stylus, be 12 x 8 inches and be coloured orange).

Having said that, I have it on great authority from a friend who makes the greatest panninis, who knows a friend who works next to an Apple Store, that there's two versions that will be radically different (as alluded to in the Times article). It's called the iPhone iToast version (with a sandwich version coming out in '09).

Shown also is the 2 versions of docking station, one for music, one with writing recognition technology...

Attached Files:

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Making this thread asking for other peoples mock ups, and then claiming you know what the next iPhone looks like....

Stupid.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It'll be like a Transformer, with a full-size keyboard that flips out just like the 1980s toys did. It will be about 3 inches thick and weigh twice as much as it does now.

9. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

I'm sorry... I'm usually not one of those word prudes that corrects everyone's spelling, but being a master maker of Panini myself (and half Italian), I must say that Panninis, in reference to the Italian sandwich, is wrong (I don't think that is even a word at all.) Panini is the plural of the single sandwich known as Panino.

Great mockups though!

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd like to see a front camera for video calls just like that blue nokia on the left.

[​IMG]

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I doubt you'll see anything for video calls for another year or so. Their network is already going to be hit hard with the 3G rollout. Video calls would start to kill it. Of course maybe it'll be put on the phone but not available as a feature in some area. Maybe it would only be available for something like iChat that uses WiFi.

12. MXChristian11 thread starter macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

dude i just want to know what people have done...what they want it to look like, damn. and why would I want to go off mockups their never true. everyone already knows what its going to look like....i just wanted too see some creativity. something you lack.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hope your not right :)
    3G is getting stronger and available in all major cities so I dont see why not.
    And obviously where not available video calls wont work and internet would drop back to Edge.

14. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

:confused: The thread is titled "What do you think the new iPhone will look like?" Don't you see how people could make that mistake?

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The best option would be to create a flip-up panel where the current camera is so you don't have to put 2 cameras in the device. The main problem with this is most cases wouldn't be able to let the thing flip. There really is no good way to allow videoconferencing without using 2 cameras (and thus costing more).

As far as the network, video takes up WAY more bandwidth than pictures and text. Sure, AT&T is upgrading the network. But they aren't exactly fast at rolling stuff out. They lagged their butt around here (well, BellSouth did) getting DSL out.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you about the camera thing.
    Most 3G video conference cellphones do have 2 cameras.
    Just gotta wait and see I guess.

17. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

well heres a 2minute mockup i made of the iphone. reffering to the glossy black back.

[​IMG]

18. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

i think they are going to loose the silver bezel around the front and the ear hole. it stands out...i think they will go clean and simple and very smooth.

19. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Nothing wrong with video via wifi :)
    I'd imagine they'll set a v. high price on it to stop it crashing the network (video bits having a higher priority on a network can cause chaos and delays) initially. Could just plain not make it available unless it's via wifi

20. hardliner macrumors member

hardliner

Leaked iPhone 2 pics for Apple India

A server supplier for India, provided us some interesting pictures from an eMail. As a tech student in india, we are making business software. According to his informations, these are the pictures they are (apple india) supposed to test and provide on June for the new iPhone.

I can't see any plastic here. The weird steel pattern is supposed to be the all new speaker (according to the server guy, they improved speaker quality with Foxxcon ones). And the headphone jack is in the middle. But I am not sure if these pictures are the real new iPhones. I compared the Apple.com Pictures. Yes, it's thinner. The server guy, told me that the he read the mail and they reduced the iPhone in 25%.

Attached Files:

21. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I call BS on the fact that there is no reason for the top of the iPhone to be switched like that. I also don't think Apple would ever center a headphone jack. In fact, i can't remember a single device that has a centered headphone jack aside from the old iPod Shuffle.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that dont make any sense.
    A jack that sticks out in the middle of the top like that?
    Looks very odd and out of place.

23. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I don't disagree about calling BS on this, but not because of the center headphone jack. Remember the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th (pictured below) generation ipods? All had a center headphone jack.

Attached Files:

24. MacFly123 macrumors 68020

Here are some I did a couple months ago.

Attached Files:

25. pokoleo macrumors newbie

hmm... have you ever heard about the ipod photo?
    how about the first ipod videos, they also had headphone jacks on the top...

but... I agree that it's BS. It just doesn't seem that they wouldn't remove some of the annoying parts (of the cover), or try to improve it in any way. on the other hand, look at the difference between the ipod video and classic, very little difference other than physical and HD size