What do you think?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by waycokid, Aug 18, 2008.

1. waycokid macrumors newbie

I want to get a Mac book pro but i am not sure if a newer version will be coming out soon. I had heard that there mught be one releasing in like october. Any ways im not sure what to do get the one that out now, and possibly miss out on possible upgrades like a blue ray drive or something like that.

2. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Sounds like you want to wait for it. From what you said it doesn't seem like you absolutely need a new computer at this moment. They'll probably be out in either September or October. Really can't hurt to wait.

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Blahhh.. a new model will probably be release next Tuesday!! Not long to wait!! :D

4. waycokid thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i would want to wait if its that soon. do you think the price will go up or stay the same

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Most likely to stay about the same... If it costs Apple too much they could just remove the Black polishing cloth from the bundle - doubt anyone would miss it.

6. waycokid thread starter macrumors newbie

if they do release a 2nd gen MBP what kind of new features do you think it would have?

7. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

oh come on ! there are hundreds of posts about those speculations and there is anotherone starting ? Blue ray, price, when , what ... all those question are already discussed in other threads. So if you really want an answer, here it is: nobody knows nothing !

So if someone says something like
    This is just false, cos nobody knows nothing.

Tex

8. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

9. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Actually, I don't need a fancy machine, sometimes less is more!! I'd just like one without constant issues.
    My current MBP always seems to be having something changed, if it's not the TFT then the Battery, Keyboard or Logicboard...
    It's only just 12 months old, not like it's a couple of years old!!! WTF going on Apple??

10. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

well yeah but this doesnt mean that the new MBP will be released new Tuesday as you wrote ;)

Tex

11. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

it'a always tuesday dude... maybe not the next but....

12. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Yes I know. Everybody, me included, would love if it is next Tuesday but I think that saying that this will "probably" happen is just false. So giving such a piece of information to somebody is just wrong.

Don't take it personally but every week, there is a post where someone says "it will be released NEXT Tuesday". Turning hopes into facts is not the right approach. :rolleyes:

So back to the original topic. waycokid, as already said, if you need one, buy one. If you can wait, I would recommend waiting.

cheers ;)

13. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Dude... I said "will probably", it doesn't mean Definitely. :rolleyes: