what do you use for back protection with your SGP Oleophobic?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gnychis, Aug 3, 2010.

1. gnychis macrumors 6502

What do you use for protecting the back of your iPhone 4 when you use the SGP Oleophobic? My current setup is BSE front skin, in the iFrogz Luxe which is a hard case with a velvet padded back. However, the Luxe is too tight with the BSE front skin and caused it to bubble around the corners.

So I'm going to get the SGP Oleophobic and wanted to get some feedback on your back and hard case setups.

2. accrane macrumors member

i use the white "leather" skin from sgpstore.com

3. sammjordan macrumors member

I put a BSE on the back with the oleo on the front, pretty happy with it. Easy to install even though it required the solution

4. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I tried an SGP Ultra Clear EX for back and side, but was not very satisfied. I ordered a BSE to try instead. My husband has the PowerSupport back, it's really nice but you can't order it without also ordering a front.

For the side I currently have the zagg 4FIX that I got free from Best Buy. It's pretty nice. But I bought the Lucky Labs wraps hoping that they'll be thinner and more case-compatible. I haven't installed those yet. Again, the hubby did. They look really nice, and his case still fit fine.

5. manishd3 macrumors newbie

Currently using a 99p ebay case from HK, which is surprisingly doing a bloody good job as a fill in case until my Pixelskin HD ships from Apple.

Let's hope this talk of the Pixelskin lifting screen protectors is less of an issue than it seems, because it'd be a shame. Heard a lot of good things about the Pixelskin and I'm loving my SGP.

6. rmul86 macrumors 6502

I decided to be smart and get Power Supports Front and Back Protection. Doesn't even look like I have a screen or back protector on. SGP doesn't have a back protection for it's oloegraphic film :*(, but PS does :).

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

8. RalphMac macrumors member

How is the crystal ex?

I really want to know before I buy is it a good purchase,and should i just buy the ultra crystal one for the front, and put a stealth guard shield for the back?

9. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

10. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I have a Zagg IS on the back with the Oleo on the front. Sure Zagg is cheap and shows the orange peel like crazy but at the same time it's on the back of the phone so I don't care much. Plus it was cheap and seems to heal itself pretty well.

However I am contemplating purchasing some sort of Matte back if I can find a decently priced option.

11. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I really didn't like it. Me and a lot of other people have issues with the back not sticking all the way. I also found the side pieces to be thick and plasticy.

I've ordered a BSE for the back.

Also, I'd recommend the Ultra Oleophobic over the Ultra Clear for the front. I didn't try the Ultra Clear front, but reviews suggest the oleophobic is better (this is what I have, love it).

12. nd4speed macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I sent a Facebook msg asking if they're planning on making an oleo back protector. Hopefully it's something in the works.

Update from SGP:
    It could be on the horizon, but it's too early to tell.

13. mrknowitall macrumors newbie

14. glen e macrumors 68030

15. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

God damnit that looks good. I wish I would of ordered a white bumper while we still could. FFFF-

16. jyj macrumors member

i have a SGP Oleophobic on the front and i managed to snag just a back piece of a Crystal EX kit from ebay for a few bucks. i was really happy about not having to spring for a whole set! so far i love both protectors - though the crystal on the back definitely is greasier than the oleophobic front.

17. RalphMac macrumors member

So in terms of use, which sgp would be the best one to get a front shield for:

SGP Oleophobic or SGP Ultra Crystal ?

I plan on really touching the screen, especially with with the photography edit apps and other touchable apps like N.O.V.A. Is there a difference between these shields, and which one is best that more than likely will not get any scratches?

I had the zagg for my previous iphone, and I didnt get one scratch with it on (but I didnt drop it either).

18. JokerD macrumors member

I answered these questions in the thread you started. Why come and ask the same question and hijack another person's thread?

19. chanerz macrumors 6502a

20. RalphMac macrumors member

Sorry about that, but I didnt quite understand the post made in my thread it was kind of vague. So the Oleo is more anti-finger print, and the crystal is more scratch resistant? Is Oleo better than the crystal, and why do people still buy the crystal?