what do you use to clean your mac with?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mulo, Sep 2, 2010.

1. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

the name almost says it, what do you use to clean the different parts of your mac with?

mine is getting pretty dirty, and it bugs me..

2. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

I use Monster Screen Clean (warning, when you visit this page a really annoying Monster spokeswoman will start talking and moving her hands too much). I use it all over the mac and on the keys, because it nerfs grease. I'm really happy with it. They have some specially formulated for laptops, which I haven't tried -I just use the generic Screen Clean variety.

Other than that, I put it in the dishwasher every now and then to remove that caked on grime.

3. Covart Guest

I take it into the shower with me. Lots of soap and water keeps it clean and shiny.

4. vnle macrumors 6502

iKlear - the ones that they sell at the Apple stores. Works really well - makes my various Apple electronics looks new! :D

5. mulo thread starter macrumors 68020

mulo

they don't ship outside the US :(

6. mulo thread starter macrumors 68020

mulo

so basically there is no trend in what people use, nothing that a lot of people can recommend :(

7. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

I'm from Canada! I got mine at Best Buy for $25 or something. It lasts forever too.

8. CW Jones macrumors 6502

I usually take it in the tub with me. Lot of bubbles help. My rubber ducky gets a little jealous sometimes though.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Theres nothing really to clean besides the screen

10. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

Most people are either going to recommend iKlear, Monster Screen Clean or something similar. They're all the same really, just make sure they have no corrosive chemicals and what not. They work too great, too. Some people also use water and a microfibre cloth.

Also, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will work on your aluminum MBP and keys, but for love of zeus' beard, don't use it on your screen.

11. Covart Guest

Certain items can't be shipped out of North America, due to lame Euro rules.

And Canada is nothing more than the U.S.'s 51st state, so pretty much anything bought in the U.S. can be bought in Canada. Thank NAFTA.

12. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

i hate you and i'm certain you smell of poo.

kidding about the hate part, order it off ebay, dawg.

13. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I use iKlear spray. I destroyed the cleaning cloth that it came with. For a period when I could not locate my bottle of iKlear, I just took a spray bottle. I filled it with equal parts of rubbing alcohol and water. I used that paired with a generic microfiber to clean my computer. But, since I found my iKlear, I have been using that.

14. Covart Guest

Come on. You know it's true. Canadian's just don't want to admit it. The U.S. should really change the flag and add a little maple leaf as the 51st star. :D

15. rk25123 macrumors regular

With iKlear you can't go wrong, it's what Apple itself suggests.

16. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Baby Wipes, seriously, used them for years on various comps and hi-fi/TV equipment.
    Dirt cheap, effective and NO harmful chemicals due to being designed to work on a babies ***. Just watch they aren`t TOO moist before you start and 5 minutes later you have a very shiny Macbook.:D

17. ArmCortexA8 macrumors 6502a

Damp cloth with water and a lint-free cloth - simple cheap and easy - no chemicals required.