What do you want on the next iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poat84, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I was wondering what everyone wants on the new iphone besides Tethering.:confused:

What would you call the new iphone?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Video chat. Would be nice, I had hoped the 3GS would include that.

3. peperoni macrumors member

I would want to see multitasking and filebrowser. IMO most of the iPhone's limitations is based on missing these two functions.

4. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

sorry, but, please excuse me.

IVE SEEN TOO MANY OF THESE THREADS. ITS SEPTEMBER. THE PHONE WONT BE OUT FOR 10 MONTHS.

Give it a rest, please.

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

+1

6. Buzz Bumble Guest

Hmmm ... lots of people keeping getting excited because the iPhone has a camera, web browser, email, games, messaging, iPod functions ... so I know, a phone function might come in handy. ;)

7. army91c macrumors 6502a

Be careful.... I got a PM from a guy complaining of my response to one of these silly threads. I guess I wasn't nice enough in my response so he felt the need to let me know he was displeased. I however am with you.... ffs just wait until the new phone is out then you will all know.

8. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Longer battery life, like way longer. Built in GPS receiver so you don't have to fork out for a TomTom bit if you want really good performance. Time for some funky colours now too.

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

I must have received a special 3gs because mine already has a built in GPS receiver..... I must of been lucky. :rolleyes:

10. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    If you're going to roll your eyes like you're superiod at least get your have's and of's right :rolleyes:

Yes you got a GPS receiver but not a top class chipset like TomTom use.

11. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Tethering? Got that in the UK. Might want to have words with your carrier about that one - the iphone 3GS is tethering capable already.

Agree with others about threads early, but then i'm all for having a centralised thread for things hehe.

12. Axl Rose macrumors regular

OLED screen at a bigger screen with a higher resolution and a better camera and new UI, this one is old and boring and getting left behind..also better push notifications that are less intrusive or backgorund processes

13. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

Speech to text recognition for text messaging and emails.

14. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

I just want something that looks different so, when I spend a total of £900 on the latest iPhone, other people can see straight away. I'm annoyed by my 3GS - especially when in a case, it looks exactly the same as eveyone's 1G and 2G iPhones.

15. matttye macrumors 601

Better camera with a flash (maybe xenon?), FM radio, OLED screen, wireless n support.

16. matttye macrumors 601

In other words you want a phone that gives you a 75% chance of being mugged every time you leave the house? :D

17. Bagot69 macrumors member

64 gb memory, 8mp Cam wiv flash, better bluetooth options, longer lasting battery life

18. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

In case you didn't realize it, you are on a site called macRUMORS people are going to speculate on future products that aren't out yet. It's the whole concept of a rumor. If you are discontent loook for a site about facts and then you will only see threads about things that already exist and are solidified.

19. 226896 Guest

The ability to send SMSs from iTunes... so that when your phones docked you don't need to constantly unplug it everytime you want to reply to a text. Plus it would make sending those 'I want you back' text messages to your ex girlfriend that are about 30 pages long much faster.

20. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Please. They can barely handle MMS. ;)

21. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

There are too many of these threads I agree, but what the hell here goes;

OLED Screen with increased resolution and perhaps with Res Independance,
    Better battery,
    UI Update - including themes, ability to remove Apple apps, widgets; ie make use of OpenGL
    A File Manager is a must surely?!?
    Proper Bluetooth with the ability to share files between phones (although I can see why they'd not be too happy about that).

A redesign would be nice, but the screen is the limiting factor and quite frankly I wouldn't want it smaller, so as it is, is fine for me.

22. fluffer macrumors member

Lets have Flash for increased web satisfaction, FM radio, better optics and flash (space and styling obvisously a limiting factor), increased bluetooth functionality and 64 Gb of memory (most obvious inclusion next summer)

I've written on past posts, I believe the main reasosns obvious items are still excluded are purely marketing on behalf of Apple. They can drip functions (that are already well established on other mobiles) into the iPhone over successive incarnations, thus extending its life. Functions that really aren't mind-blowingly high tech or brand new, so I struggle to believe there are reasons other than marketing why they're not included. That said, I couldn't live without my baby!

23. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

i'd like to see:
    :apple: Word document/excel.
    :apple:5mp camera
    :apple:bump share
    :apple:blue and a red phone with a chrome design below the apple logo on back of phone.
    :apple:more sounds for sms and ringtones