What Do You Want to See From Apple in 2019?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

In the What to Expect article that we shared yesterday, we covered everything we think we'll see from Apple in 2019 based both on historical release data and the current rumors that are circulating about the company's 2019 product plans.

A new modular Mac Pro is in the works, and 2019 may be the year that we finally get the AirPower. Apple has more than a dozen original TV shows, which are set to debut through an upcoming streaming TV service that's coming in early 2019. Three new iPhones are on the horizon, and we may see updated AirPods, a new HomePod, and perhaps Apple-branded over-the-ear headphones.

[​IMG]

We're also expecting a new Apple Watch, updated versions of iOS and macOS with exciting new features, a refreshed iPad mini, and a redesigned lower-cost iPad, which could be 10 inches instead of 9.7. There's also a chance that Apple has some surprises in the works that we don't yet know about.

AR smart glasses, a virtual reality headset, an Apple Car, and autonomous driving software are all products Apple is rumored to be working on, with no official launch date known. We want to hear from the MacRumors community - what are you hoping to see Apple release in 2019?

Are there specific features you're hoping Apple will implement in iOS 13 or macOS 10.15? New AirPods and HomePod functions you're hoping for? Additions to the Mac and iPhone lineup?

Let us know what you want to see in the comments, and make sure to check out our What to Expect post for a look at the current rumors. Apple's 2019 product plans will become clearer in the early months of the year, and as always, we'll be covering every Apple rumor in depth here at MacRumors.

The MacRumors forums are also a rich resource for discussing upcoming products and rumors, and with so many product launches on the horizon for 2019, our forums are the place to be for lively discussions on what's coming.

Thank you to all of our readers and forum members for making MacRumors the absolute best source of Apple news, rumors, and advice on the web. We wouldn't be here without you, and we look forward to another rumor-filled year in 2019. Happy New Year!

Article Link: What Do You Want to See From Apple in 2019?

2. Enclavean macrumors regular

Enclavean

3. sblemmy macrumors regular

sblemmy

I would like to see an design refresh on the iMac. The thick black bezels and giant chin are sorely outdated in 2019.

4. SkimPappa macrumors member

SkimPappa

5. AkuskaUK macrumors 6502

AkuskaUK

A decent Mac Pro, iPad Mini with updated internals and design.

6. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68030

ThunderSkunk

Some new leadership, especially over in product.

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 68000

Foxglove9

Updated AirPods, more of a desktop experience on iOS for iPads, more gaming focused AppleTV and a modular PowerMac with user upgradable parts that is reasonably priced.

8. JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

Apple Watch Air. No health sensors or fitness tracking, just battery and notifications all for $99. It's okay if it's just a series 1 logic board. Doesn't have to be a 4.

9. zooland, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019

zooland macrumors member

zooland

Oh, just a new redesigned iMac, not much else really.

Or on second thought a new matching 5k Apple Display if I want to the Mac mini route.

10. HiVolt macrumors 6502a

HiVolt

Mouse support for iOS on the iPad, and support for a basic file system with external storage support.

11. ondert macrumors regular

ondert

Just don't want to see underpowered-overpriced-burning hot products... stop making the exterior shiny and internals gimmicky.

12. TrulsZK macrumors member

TrulsZK

In addition to the regular stuff (iPhones, etc) I want to see, AirPower and the Smart battery case for iPhone Xs Max

As for iOS 13 what I want to see is dark mode to go with MacOS Mojave, so i get a similar dark experience for my iPhone (and not smart invert, whitch is useless)

13. Kes.Siebring macrumors member

Kes.Siebring

Thank you, nothing.
    I've being waiting for a new iMac for a whole f* year, ended up buying old model because I needed a computer for work.

14. gim macrumors 6502

gim

Reasonable prices. Which would mean lowering them for almost all Apple products.

..not gonna happen.

15. Dragonlord_66 macrumors member

Dragonlord_66

its too niche of a market for mainstream Apple. But you can bootdisk windows in mac for gaming

16. darkspy macrumors newbie

iMac redesign! No Chin.. less Frame.

Ultrawide Screen: 21:9 or 21:10 Ratio
    Resolution: Still 5k (maybe 8k for the iMac Pro!?)
    New peripherals. (Keyboard with Backlit, maybe TouchBar)
    A slightly bigger Touchpad (still with Force/3d-Touch)
    FaceID

And of course a performance bump.

17. Dragonlord_66 macrumors member

Dragonlord_66

3 things;

Dark mode
    Continuity with music
    iOS redesign

18. walkley macrumors newbie

I have a super 2008 24” iMac that badly need replacing - waiting for reduced bezel model.

19. JKAussieSkater macrumors member

JKAussieSkater

A new iPod Nano. 32GB capacity, AirPlay support, limited App Store (e.g. Spotify).

Emphasis on iPod Nano, don’t really care for the iPod Touch.

Yup, don’t let the ultra compact iPod die, it still has a place in my world.

20. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

21. Takeo macrumors 6502a

22. SkimPappa macrumors member

SkimPappa

Doesn’t do much good without gaming internals. Needs powerful graphics card and sufficient cooling. It doesn’t need PRO graphics, it needs home user wanting to have fun gaming graphics. (1070, 1080, 2070)

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Better quality, features I actually want to use, lower prices.

Apple is on a kick of adding more and more CPU power in the Ax series CPUs, and that's all well and good, but how many of us actually use all of that power on our phones? My old phones were plenty of fast.

Back in the day, I only paid 200 dollars for a phone, and now only a handful of years removed they're over a grand.

24. jjohnstonjr, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019

jjohnstonjr macrumors member

jjohnstonjr

I want to see Apple take their time and actually put innovative technology into their devices. I don’t want Apple to just rush out devices or products out knowing that us as Apple users will just suck them up. I wanna see Apple do away with the S line and completely revamp their phones from year to year. No more incremental upgrades that are hard to decipher by the naked eye. As someone who has stood by and purchased Apple devices and products for years upon years I want to see my money going into something that I can whole heartedly feel like I do have the absolute best in cutting edge technology.