What do you wear/ where do you shop?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gdeputy, Sep 24, 2008.

1. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Where does everyone shop at?

I'm looking for some new cool places (online pref!) i can shop at, I really dig vintage stuff and really all sorts of stuff.

I'm in the market for some 'winter' clothes, hoodies, longsleeves, stuff like that.

I'm 21 if that makes any difference, so I probably won't be into what a 40 year old is haha.

Anyways, figured i'de see some peoples tastes and maybe go from there!

I'm not big on like abercrombie and all that crap, but I do like gap, really just trying to expand my tastes and find something unique.

2. macDonalds macrumors 6502

I've always been an Old Navy guy. The clothes fit me like a glove and the prices are cheap.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I'm not a big fan of shopping, but I try to get good deals. Gap, Van Huesen, Eddie Bauer, some of the big stores like Macy's (Marshal Field's RIP :( ) when they have sales. Don't have any specific brands though.

I do need to refresh the wardrobe before the next job.

I'm low 30's age wise :p

4. fotografica macrumors 68040

5. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I'm a clothes-horse. Ready?

Underwear A&F (the most comfortable boxerbriefs money can buy); American Eagle. I'm picky about my underwear.
    Plain Ts GAP (They wear like iron and look & fit great)
    Assorted shirts (Button downs, etc) A&F, GAP, American Eagle, Old Navy, whatever I happen to find that I like.
    Sweaters A&F, mostly. (But I buy them second-hand since they're so stinkin' bloomin' expensive in the store. I've got a nice lambswool A&F sweater I picked up at the Salvo for $3.99 - retails for almost $300. Sa-weet!)
    Jeans GAP Discount rack. (Walmart prices with vastly superior quality)
    Dress Shoes Famous Footwear (Nunn Bush, Florsheim)
    Dress Shirts Van Heusen, Armani Exchange.
    Sneakers Vans, Converse, Airwalk
    Suits, Slacks, Sport jackets Jones Bros (JCPenny. Good sale price, and comfortable)
    Socks, undershirts Whatever's on sale. (Socks wear out faster for me than anything else. I've only got a few A-shirts and don't remember where I picked'em up)
    Ties Lorenzo Cana (very snappy silk, hand-made in Italy)
    Jackets/Coats Calvin Klein (dress coat); Carhartt & Old Navy (work & smart casual, respectively.)
    Hats/Caps CAT ('Caterpiller'; from my brother) GAP stocking caps.

Belts GAP
    Sunglasses Serengeti & Ray Ban
    Watches Citizen & Skagen

...and I've got a nice dark green Carhartt hoodie.

I think that's it... let me think... yup. Maybe...

6. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Most clothing, at wal-mart. Jeans and a couple other items, Smith & Davis in Fayette county.

Attached Files:

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

The great majority of my wardrobe is J.Crew and Polo. Very New England, laid back prep school style. After 4 years of high school in a jacket and tie I'm the most comfortable in what I used to wear after class: flip flops, khakis and an untucked oxford. I usually go to the factory outlets not far from me in the Berkshires which are convenient, though the Manhattan stores always have the newest stuff.

8. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

jcrew, gap, ralph lauren. H&M, and Urban Outfitters. Though i hate to say it, abercrombie jeans. ( JEANS ONLY) not the baggy crap either. the slimmer ones. with no holes.

i love jcrew and gap tee-shirts. i have almost a 100 shirts in almost every color they make. dont ask. haha

shorts are jcrew and ralph lauren, pricey but they never go out of style and they dont hang below your knees.

button downs, jcrew really. i have way to many.

sweaters Jcrew and gap. very nice and their sales are amazing.

i hate...
    american eagle. ( bright ugly colors allllll year long.)
    old navy ( worst quality EVER)
    walmart ( do i need to explain. do they have style?)
    eddie bauer (sp?) ( for a 40 year old man, aimed at a 20 year old kid)
    express ( same crap every season with way to much black.)

just my opinion, sorry if you love one i hate. :D

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Depends. TK Maxx for the odd shirt here or there, Costco for jeans (Levi's), River Island for other bits.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

H&M (best undies and t-shirts EVER), Gap, Aldo, Nordstrom Rack, Sears (yes for belts, the occasional pair of shoes and Land's End stuff).

11. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

oh yeah! i forgot, i do love me some Maxx. Its TJ Maxx over here, but they rock. great deals during the holiday season.

12. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

cheapest store I can get them at ,jeans & a black roll neck:p

13. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

I shop at pac sun, wear mostly quiksilver, and oneill a lil bit of hurly but I'm a brand specific guy, I support companies that matter to me. I also buy from surf shops, each shop i visit I buy a shirt, support your local businesses!!!!

14. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

hahahha....

took me a minute but i got the joke!

i hope it was a joke referring to steve!?:confused:

15. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I shop at Abercrombie (too much), J. Crew, Polo/Ralph Lauren, Hollister, Lacoste, a little gap, very little American Eagle, and then just other random brands.

Abercrombie & J.Crew for me makes shirts that fit me well, I have an athletic build- skinny, close to 6ft, and broader shoulders. A&F has pretty good jeans although overpriced if you ask me, J. Crew makes amazing pants and are worth it.

Polo is nice, their shirts have a different cut but they fit me well. Their jeans are amazing.

Hollister is ok. Their quality is not as good as their cousin A&F. The dying of shirts is not consistent, seams aren't as good, material isn't as nice. Their jeans suck. I like their shorts & underwear though.

Lacoste is ok too. I honestly don't think the quality is great for a $70 shirt.

Not a big fan of American Eagle. They don't fit me personally, shoulders too narrow or wide with the body being baggy but also too short along with the sleeves. If I go up a size I am wearing a shirt that looks huge on me.

The brand really isn't important. Just be sure to find something that fits you. Yea its great if you have a nice shirt or jeans but if they fit you poorly then it looks stupid.

16. iGlickster macrumors newbie

Aeropostle, A&F, Hollister, and american eagle

17. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Macy's, Bebe, Forever 21, Hollister, A&F and Express just to name a few. Hot Topic for the occasional rocker look.

As for guys, winter clothes...A&F, Armani, Lucky and Express for the college crowd.

18. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

American Eagle and Aero for shirts/jeans Old Navy occasionally (their store is far away for me when I am not at school), and as someone said their plain Ts are awesome.

F CUK when I can :) (I can't believe that is censored)

19. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

Its been a long time since I've posted...
    Anyway places I shop-
    Gap-Nice T-shirts
    Kohl's- Nice, reasonably priced
    Target- Good price, pretty nice stuff
    Wal-Mart- Not a favorite, 'nuff said (minus a few excellent fitting items.)

20. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Belts/Flip-Flops/Underwear/Jeans/Shorts - American Eagle (online, clearance if possible)

T-Shirts - Gap and American Eagle

Polo's (which I wear way too much of) - Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Lacoste...I have way too many colors

Graphic Tee's - Anyone Red Sox, Redskins, or W.V.U. (huge sports guy)

Jackets - Gap

Dress/Work Clothes - CK or Burberry, maybe Brooks Brothers

Shoes - New Balance and Lacoste

Cologne - Guys don't overlook this...I've gotten way more compliments on my cologne than my clothes...Armani, Polo Black, or Polo Double Black...important part of the wardrobe

I buy most of my stuff in outlets or online. The cheaper the better, but I'm not afraid to pay for quality in my work/dress/polo's. I'm 250, so in order to feel better about myself I have to make sure the clothes look good on me. Goodwill have gotten many clothes from me after I got them and realized that they weren't fitting correctly after the wash. Hope some inner-city kid is enjoying his Burberry's....

21. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

22. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

23. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Old Navy (for shorts and the occasional T-shirt), Mervyns, and sometimes discount places like MArshalls or TJ Maxx. I've recently discovered Pac Sun as well. As for shoes, well, just about anywhere that sells Vans or Adidas usually fits the bill. And I've managed to get through 25 years of life without owning a suit. :)

When I first saw the sign on the San Francisco store I had to do a double-take. :p

24. skysoldier macrumors newbie

25. montanachad macrumors regular

montanachad

I don't shop at walmart! Go local and organic if possible. I buy my clothes in organic cotton and hemp. My food comes from a non-profit food co-op, and it's non GMO, mostly organic and locally produced. That's just the green me though. :D