What does apple need to add to iOS5 to stop you from jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Che Castro, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

Would new notifications and quick reply be enough ?

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

those 2 things, and lockscreen information.
    i cant stand havign a pointless lockscreen.

to me, the date and time are on the homescreen. so why even have a lockscreen?

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I need SBSettings and Activator. Even then, I'd still jailbreak.

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

At minimum a quick reply and sbsettings, but I will probably always jailbreak. Its going to be a very tough period of time between the release of iOS 5 and the release of a jailbreak for iOS 5. I may have to have 2 iPhones:D.

5. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

customization options, custom sms tones, some type of sb settings... that's all i can think of for now

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Won't this simply result in people listing every, or a large subset, of the jb apps they have installed???

7. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

this is like asking:

"What does apple need to make better, to stop you from making your device EVEN BETTER?"

jailbreaking is always a plus in my book. i hope there are plenty of new features in iOS 5 that i already use via jailbreak, but that will only make jailbreak tweaks that much better!

8. stringent macrumors 6502

stringent

I'd like it to do stuff like:

BiteSMS does
    Info on the lock screen (missed calls, emails, sms)
    Customisation, i.e. skins and themes
    Make custom tones easier to do and apply

Would it stop me from JailBreaking? Probably not, but those above are a start.

9. Almeuit macrumors regular

Not jailbreak? I was there at one point... Never going back. I will always jailbreak... Why? Because no matter what apple will never add everything jailbreaking can add. Such as access to iOS file system so I can download stuff directly from safari and watch shows or whatever and delete anything I want.

10. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Two simple things that will never happen;

1. Allow the UI to be changed by the user (themes, tweaks etc).
    2. Allow the loading of apps obtained outside of the app store like android sideloading.

Why I am likely to be going android in the future year or two down the road, especially with the HTC unlocking announcement.

11. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

New notifications, quick reply, SBSettings and Activator

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

13. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

I don't have a lot of confidence that Apple will offer anything that would interest me. They are so conservative in their approach to everything that when they do attempt to venture out they end up screwing it up. Consider how they handled multitasking. The jailbroken version was so nice; Apple's version simply sucks. As for notifications, there are a lot of different ways to handle that in the Cydia store. What I've seen in the prototypes Apple has been trying out is another half assed limited offering. Jailbreaking iPhones has been good for Apple. If it weren't for jailbreaking do you think Apple would even be considering these changes?

14. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Quick reply and sb settings is all I really need.

15. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

16. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

They'd have to get rid of that horrendous lock screen with the huge clock and slide bar at the bottom

something like sbsettings

something like bitesms for quick reply and quick compose

allow more than 12 apps in a folder

and spruce up the look a little bit... nothing crazy but a little change would be nice

I honestly could care less about the notification system that everyone is going on about, I hardly get any notifications for it to bother me much

17. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

18. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

A carrier independent model for sale in the united states.

19. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

Damn they didnt even add quick reply ?

Thats weird

20. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Thats like asking what would BMW have to do to prevent me from upgrading my car.

They would have to add every cool upgrade that comes out for cars, as soon as it comes out forever. I have NEVER had a car that I didnt do something to, and I never will. Even if I got a Bugati I would add stuff to it.

Its my phone I want to see whats under the hood. period.

21. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

+1. JB authors come out with new programs to address what they perceive is lacking in the iOS.
    While my list of JB programs wouldn't be as extensive, I'd probably still JB.

22. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I agree with this as well. The whole point of jailbreaking for me is to add desperately needed features that (for whatever reason) Apple is too slow to implement (quick reply/compose?? come on, this is BASIC functionality) or will simply never give access to (themes, filesystem modification).

My uncle, for instance, always asks me various things about my phone and what it can or can't do. 99% of the time, I tell him "yes, my phone can do that......but only because I jailbroke it"

23. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

yeah, it just seems....bring on ios5.
    then we wait, then we JB, and have an even BETTER experience than ever...
    all the new features of 5, plus the things we love (real customization, bitesms, etc for me...)

24. Ach111es macrumors regular

Jailbreaking still won't disappear. It would have to be totally customizable, free tethering, etc as many have mentioned before.

plus, iOS5 doesn't come out until fall anyway..who wants to wait for a few months...

25. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

Ditto on the first half. I wouldn't bother jailbreaking if I had them. The only other reason I jailbreak is mywi and the way things are going on that front, it's no longer worth it.