What does everyone expect from MWSF?

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
2,920
0
Santa Cruz Ca
I guarantee the following:

•Apple will release an incremental HW update, a subtly subversive piece of software and this site will be jammed for 6 months with confused bitching about how Apple has no balls anymore.

•Meanwhile the subversive software will be shifting the Digital Lifestyle paradigm more and more into Apple's territory while M$ makes loud promises for Vapourware equivalents that may appear sometime before the end of the century.:rolleyes:

•I will flame a large # of whiney gits who refuse to research what they're whining about.

• Steve will be wearing a black mock-turtleneck and Jeans and have at least 3 waterbottles on stage at any moment.
 

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
1,281
0
I know I am joining a current trend that suggests the answer is nothing.

Apple are putting FAR less emphasis on MacWorlds.

Edit: Maybe a software update
 

mytdave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2002
584
740
Get it together Apple!

Apple desperately needs to refresh the entire line for MWSF. They are once again becoming the laughing stock of the hardware industry. Everyone else is at 2+ GHz w/400MHz FSBs (yes I do know clock doesn't mean everything, but come on!) using DDR in desktops (up to PC3500 - that's 437.5MHz!) and DDR SODIMMs in laptops, insanely faster graphics cards (GeForce 4Ti's w/1.2GB of DDR RAM on 8x AGP), larger & faster hard drives (100 -200GB on dual ATA 133 buses is standard), dual optical drives (32x CDRWs, etc.), USB 2.0, 54Mbit 802.11, and the biggest slap in Apple's face - insanely superior audio - Dolby Digital 5.1 outputs, SPDIF in & out, plus QUALITY analog. And the PC market does all of this at half the price of a Mac. The thing about the PC stuff is I don't have to run Mickeysoft crap on it anymore, I can run Linux now. I'm in the market for a new Mac, but holy sh*t Apple, get your act together! :mad:
 

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
1,281
0
Re: Get it together Apple!

Originally posted by mytdave
Apple desperately needs to refresh the entire line for MWSF. They are once again becoming the laughing stock of the hardware industry. Everyone else is at 2+ GHz w/400MHz FSBs (yes I do know clock doesn't mean everything, but come on!) using DDR in desktops (up to PC3500 - that's 437.5MHz!) and DDR SODIMMs in laptops, insanely faster graphics cards (GeForce 4Ti's w/1.2GB of DDR RAM on 8x AGP), larger & faster hard drives (100 -200GB on dual ATA 133 buses is standard), dual optical drives (32x CDRWs, etc.), USB 2.0, 54Mbit 802.11, and the biggest slap in Apple's face - insanely superior audio - Dolby Digital 5.1 outputs, SPDIF in & out, plus QUALITY analog. And the PC market does all of this at half the price of a Mac. The thing about the PC stuff is I don't have to run Mickeysoft crap on it anymore, I can run Linux now. I'm in the market for a new Mac, but holy sh*t Apple, get your act together! :mad:
Firstly, come back to reality... most of that stuff is on custom built PCs NOT on mainstream models.

To go through all you said individually:

Apple is no more a laughing stock that is was 2 years ago and anyone how laughs at Apple tends to know VERY little about them

Don't be deceived, there is no mainstream processor running at 400 or more MHz. They are quad pumped 100 or 133MHz buses. Sure, this provides more bandwidth than a regular 100 or 133MHz bus but not anywhere near as much as it sounds.

DDR can get as fast as it likes but what good is all that speed when your processor can not work that fast?

I think you are mistaken with the graphics cards... 1.2GB of RAM??? I think not!!! The card would not know what to do with it all. 8x AGP is a joke which is why it is RARELY standard on a brand name machine. Cards can not out clock a 4x port so who needs an 8x???

200GB Hard drives are not standard on brand name machines either because they are too expensive. Neither is ATA 133 because the only thing it is useful for is running HDs of size greater than 136GB. The absolute maxium a drive will perform at is about 55MB/sec if you are lucky so unless you have 2 hard drives running full pelt at the fastest part of the drive there is no difference with having ATA 100 or 133 and even then you are only losing 10MB/s for probably < 5 seconds assuming you could get 2 drives running that fast at the same time.

We can have dual optical drives... what's the problem???

USB 2.0 is not at all nessecary... it is pretty damn useless. Stick to USB 1.1 and Firewire otherwise buy an adaptor/card.

Dolby is your only real good point. You CAN buy Dolby products for Mac (they are RARELY shipped standard with brand PC) but I have not come across a PCI card with X drivers, YET, only USB devices.

Lastly, Apple is NOT expensive... do a comparision yourself but NOT of customer built machines of brand names like Dell. Compare Apples to Apples so to speak.
 

rice_web

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
584
0
Minot, North Dakota
I just can't wait until Darwin builds momentum in the x86 world. Perhaps it may someday be the equivalent of Red Hat or Mandrake.

Can you imagine if an aqua interface were attached to Darwin x86?

Anywho...

All I want for Christmas (and MWSF) is dual-display support on the iMac. I would love to have two 17" LCDs on an iMac.
 

insidedanshead

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
154
0
>>All I want for Christmas (and MWSF) is dual-display support on the iMac. I would love to have two 17" LCDs on an iMac.


Although possible, due to the Geforce4MX card .. its unlikely.. it defeats the purpose of the imac.. simplicity.. but yeah it would be nice
 

mytdave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2002
584
740
RE: madamimadam

Excellent, almost instant response. Love the internet.

Okay, madamimadam, I just configured a "name brand" Dell PC. Here's what I got:

2.8 GHz P4, 512K L2, no L3, 533MHz FSB
1GB DDR 2700 (333MHz) RAM (same as Apple, but actually usable)
120GB ATA100 7200 RPM HD (same as Apple)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, 128MB DDR, TV out & DVI (better than Apple's)
Turtle Beach DSP sound card (tons better than Apple's)
Harmon Kardon speakers (better than Apple's)
48x/24x/48x CDRW drive (tons faster, but no DVD-R available)
Standard stuff like kybd, mouse, et al. (same as Apple)
No OS - Won't pay the Microsoft tax (get Linux it's free)
$2288.00

Apple's closest match is the top line (not BTO) G4 tower at $3299.00 but has less RAM, a slower graphics card, inferior audio, slower CDRW - but a neato DVD-R (that's a plus), and roughly equivalent processor performance. That is over a $1000 price difference! So Apple really does have room for improvement.

It is true that for the other specs mentioned you get that from custom building your own PC, but that's exactly what most PC enthusiasts do!

- The P4 is a double pumped 266MHz bus. Unfortunately for Apple, it can take advantage of PC3500 DDR RAM.

- AGP 8x is a quad pumped 133MHz bus, it is not significantly faster than 4x, but it is slightly faster.

- A 1.2GB GeForce 4Ti may exist - it's advertised by Leadtek in PC magazines as using 1200MB of 3.3ns DDR ram. It may be a typo on their part, I don't know.

- Pretty much the entire point to using ATA133 is not the speed, but it's overcoming the 136GB size limitation, allowing the use of the new 200GB HDs from WD and others. We all know a single drive mechanism can't transfer more than about 50MB/s.

- The PowerMacs have dual bays for optical drives, but PC's actually ship with 2 drives, it's not a BTO thing.

- USB 2.0 does make a difference, and Apple better jump on the bandwagon quick. Of course they're hedging their bets until they can get 800Mb FireWire working.

Don't get me wrong. I love Macs (I do have one Linux PC, a gift) and I only buy Macs, but I'm getting a little bit tired of yesterday's hardware at premium prices. Apple is an industry leader... they need to lead. Who cares what "name brand" PC makers are doing, they're not leading.
 

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
1,281
0
Re: RE: madamimadam

Originally posted by mytdave
Excellent, almost instant response. Love the internet.

Okay, madamimadam, I just configured a "name brand" Dell PC. Here's what I got:

2.8 GHz P4, 512K L2, no L3, 533MHz FSB
1GB DDR 2700 (333MHz) RAM (same as Apple, but actually usable)
120GB ATA100 7200 RPM HD (same as Apple)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, 128MB DDR, TV out & DVI (better than Apple's)
Turtle Beach DSP sound card (tons better than Apple's)
Harmon Kardon speakers (better than Apple's)
48x/24x/48x CDRW drive (tons faster, but no DVD-R available)
Standard stuff like kybd, mouse, et al. (same as Apple)
No OS - Won't pay the Microsoft tax (get Linux it's free)
$2288.00

Apple's closest match is the top line (not BTO) G4 tower at $3299.00 but has less RAM, a slower graphics card, inferior audio, slower CDRW - but a neato DVD-R (that's a plus), and roughly equivalent processor performance. That is over a $1000 price difference! So Apple really does have room for improvement.

It is true that for the other specs mentioned you get that from custom building your own PC, but that's exactly what most PC enthusiasts do!

- The P4 is a double pumped 266MHz bus. Unfortunately for Apple, it can take advantage of PC3500 DDR RAM.

- AGP 8x is a quad pumped 133MHz bus, it is not significantly faster than 4x, but it is slightly faster.

- A 1.2GB GeForce 4Ti may exist - it's advertised by Leadtek in PC magazines as using 1200MB of 3.3ns DDR ram. It may be a typo on their part, I don't know.

- Pretty much the entire point to using ATA133 is not the speed, but it's overcoming the 136GB size limitation, allowing the use of the new 200GB HDs from WD and others. We all know a single drive mechanism can't transfer more than about 50MB/s.

- The PowerMacs have dual bays for optical drives, but PC's actually ship with 2 drives, it's not a BTO thing.

- USB 2.0 does make a difference, and Apple better jump on the bandwagon quick. Of course they're hedging their bets until they can get 800Mb FireWire working.

Don't get me wrong. I love Macs (I do have one Linux PC, a gift) and I only buy Macs, but I'm getting a little bit tired of yesterday's hardware at premium prices. Apple is an industry leader... they need to lead. Who cares what "name brand" PC makers are doing, they're not leading.
Adding Linux is a dodgy move... you can not compare free Linux to paid MacOS... MacOS kicks the **** through it and as an OS to be used all day everyday by most people Linux still just does not cut it over Windows. Windows may piss you off but it has the software you need. That is the beauty of MacOS X, you have mainstream programs but you can still experiment with all the cool open source Unix wares.

Secondly, you have matched Apple's top with a Dell mid

Dell:
If you choose their top of the range and say:
1X Xeon 2.8
512MB (2 RIMMS - RDRAM) - special offer for price of 128MB
K/B to match Apple's
No monitor
nVidia 128MB VGA/DVI
120GB 7200RPM HD
3.5" 1.44MB Floppy
Microsoft XP Pro
Harman Karman Speakers
PS/2 mouse
Gigabit Ethernet
Modem
DVD+RW+R and 16xDVD with Sonic authoring (this gives mac SuperDrive comparison and an attempt and comparing Movie/Authoring ability of the Mac)
Harman Kardon Speakers
Adobe Acrobat 5 (So it can make PDFs like the Mac)
3yr Same Day 4Hr response Parts + Onsite Labor (M-F 8am - 6pm) + GTS

Mac:
1GB PC2700 DDR SDRAM ($40 double RAM offer)
120GB HD
SuperDrive
GeForce 4 Ti w/128MB DDR
Modem
Apple k/b
Apple Mouse
Office For X
AppleCare Protection
Apple Pro Speakers - Also Harman Karman

Total Costs:

Dell - $4836
Mac - $4056

If you take the Dell down to a 1.8MHz machine you are at $4137 and if you remove the ability to make anything worthwhile with that DVD burner you are down to $3937

So I guess the Dell is better/cheaper

You said USB 2 makes a difference but have not said what difference. Tests show that Firewire can beat USB 2 is SO many tasks.

Also, do not say PC's ship with this or that because PC = too broad a market... these Dells do not ship with Dual Optical drives

I really do not know how you can say that brand name PCs do not matter.... Dell = #1 in the market... I think what they do matters a LOT.

I say, what do custom PCs matter... we have to compare on a fair playing field... if you want to buy a bit from here and a bit from there and hope you can get them to work than the non-brand name PC market is fantastic but the regular world needs things to work and so they buy from the big names.

As for 8X AGP, if you think it gives better performance, so us some stats. You do not sound like you have researched the matter all to well. It is just like ATA 133; people were raving about it before there were even drives big enough for it to make a difference and I say that if you can afford to buy a drive bigger than 136GB at the moment than you can afford what is a comparitively small cost to get an ATA 133 card. Or like the geeks who buy one PC or card because it can do 5 more frames per sec in Quake to give a total of 283 over 278. Saying this, 8x AGP has an advantage like ATA133 in that it brings in the ability to have time-constrained factors.

I don't know what the deal is with the 1.2GB RAM... as per nVidia's site, the GeForce Ti 4600 specs are:
Verticies per second: 136 Million
Fill Rate: 4.8 Billion AA Samples/Sec.
Operations per Second: 1.23 Trillion
Memory Bandwidth: 10.4GB/Sec.
Maximum Memory: 128MB

8X AGP has a bandwidth of 2.1GB/s .... could they have reversed the numbers?
 

mytdave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2002
584
740
My MWSF Expectations

Now that I previously ranted here's what I need to see from MWSF:

Entire product line:
Dual display support (non-mirror) even on iBooks
Gigabit ethernet
800Mb FireWire & USB 2.0
54Mb AirPort & Bluetooth
Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1, SPDIF, Analog, better spkrs

- PowerMacs -
2 FireWire ports & 6 USB ports
64bit 66MHz PCI
8x AGP
Dual ATA133 Raid
ATA100

Entry:
Dual 1GHz G4, 2MB L3, 167MHz FSB
256MB DDR 2700 (337MHz) RAM
100GB 7200 RPM ATA133 HD
SuperDrive & CDRW
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro ADC & DVI
$1299.00

Mid:
Dual 1.25GHz G4, 2MB L3, 167MHz FSB
512MB DDR 2700 (337MHz) RAM
120GB 7200 RPM ATA133 HD
4x SuperDrive & CDRW
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro ADC & DVI
$1699.00

Top:
Dual 1.5GHz G4, 4MB L3, 200MHz FSB
1GB DDR 3200 (400MHz) RAM
Dual 120GB 7200 RPM ATA133 HDs
4x SuperDrive & Combo drive
nVidia GeForce 4Ti 128MB DDR 8x AGP w/ADC & DVI
$2699.00

- PowerBooks -
2 FireWire ports & 4 USB ports
ATA100
4x AGP

First:
800MHz G4, 1MB L3, 133MHz FSB
512MB DDR 2100 (266MHz) RAM
40GB fluid bearing ATA/5 HD
Combo drive (DVD/CDRW)
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 w/32MB DDR
56k v.92 modem
7 hours battery life
$1899.00

Second:
1GHz G4, 2MB L3, 167MHz FSB
1GB DDR 2700 (333MHz) RAM
60GB fluid bearing ATA/5 HD
SuperDrive
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 w/64MB DDR
56k v.92 modem
6 hours battery life
$2899.00

- iMacs -
2 FireWire ports & 6 USB ports
ATA 100 or 133
4x or 8x AGP

Entry:
800 MHz G4, 1MB L3, 133MHz FSB
256MB DDR 2100 (266MHz) RAM
60GB 7200 RPM ATA100 HD
Combo Drive
nVidia GeForce 4MX
56k v.92 modem
17" Wide-Screen LCD
$1099.00

Mid:
1GHz G4, 1MB L3, 133MHz FSB
512MB DDR 2100 (266MHz) RAM
80GB 7200 RPM ATA100 HD
SuperDrive
ATI Radeon 8500
56k v.92 modem
17" Wide-Screen LCD
$1399.00

Top:
1.25GHz G4, 2MB L3, 167MHz FSB
512MB DDR 2700 (333MHz) RAM
100GB 7200 RPM ATA133 HD
SuperDrive
ATI Radeon 9000
56k v.92 modem
19" Wide-Screen LCD
$1799.00

- eMac -
As is, but double the RAM
$899.00 and $1199.00

- Original iMac -
As is, but double the RAM
$599.00

- iBooks -
2 FireWire ports & 4 USB ports
ATA100
4x AGP

Entry:
800MHz G3, 512MB L2, 100MHz FSB
256MB DDR 1600 (200MHz) RAM
30GB fluid bearing ATA/5 HD
Combo drive (DVD/CDRW)
ATI Mobility Radeon Graphics w/16MB VRAM
56k v.92 modem
12.1" LCD
8 hours battery life
$899.00

Mid:
900MHz G3, 1MB L2, 133MHz FSB
512MB DDR 2100 (266MHz) RAM
40GB fluid bearing ATA/5 HD
Combo drive (DVD/CDRW)
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 w/32MB DDR
56k v.92 modem
12.1" LCD
8 hours battery life
$1299.00

Top:
1GHz G3, 1MB L2, 133MHz FSB
512MB DDR 2100 (266MHz) RAM
40GB fluid bearing ATA/5 HD
Combo drive (DVD/CDRW)
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 w/32MB DDR
56k v.92 modem
14.1" LCD
7 hours battery life
$1499.00

- Displays -
All should use a heavy base with a similar arm to the iMacs, only bigger, beefier
All should be wide-screen 16:10 or 16:9

17" - $ 799.00
19" - $1499.00
23" - $2199.00
30" - $3199.00

- iPods -
As is, but add radio and audio recording
$100 less
Entire product line:
 

Natron

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2002
96
0
USB 2.0 is almost redundant. FW runs at 400Mbps and USB 2.0 runs at 480Mbps, the difference isn't noticeable in most cases. The only reason people think they need USB 2.0 is because it's the next thing, the new technology. Having 2 high-speed technologies is pointless, you don't need it. For devices such as keyboards, mouse, disk drives, and what not, USB 1 is fine. USB 2.0 is not going to overtake Firewire because it is standard on all video camcorders (one reason) and it's not changing. As for the many USB 2.0 devices coming out, Firewire is still just as available. External harddrives are coming with both or you can select either Firewire or USB 2.0. When Firewire 2 debuts, the hardware companies will jump on that bandwagon.

And don't try to argue price. You get what you pay for. Ferrari's are known to be better than the standard car, and people pay much more for those without complaining. If something goes wrong with hardware in a Mac, you know it's from Apple. If you get some build-to-order Pee-Cee, you get parts from several companies, so when something goes wrong, you have no idea which one caused the problem (since no company will take the blame).

Now back to what this thread is about:

I'm thinking we'll see updated PowerBooks and the XServe RAID prior to MacWorld SF (possibly November 5th) and probably 19" displays before the holiday season (definitely at MacWorld SF, if not before).

At MacWorld SF, I'm expecting to see updated iMacs and iBooks.

I'm hoping for the new digital lifestyle device, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If it does debut, it will definitely be at MacWorld SF.

As for software, I'm expecting iPhoto 2, iMovie 3, and Appleworks 7 around MacWorld. Probably iPhoto 2 and iMovie 3 at MacWorld SF, and Appleworks 7 around April or May.

If there is a new iApp, I'm guessing we'll that debut at MacWorld SF.

I'm hoping we'll see some kind of announcement concerning Apples shopping spree earlier this year, and maybe even a new Professional App or 2 at MacWorld SF, or in the following months.

We'll almost certainly see the 10.2.2 update before MacWorld (probably sometime in November).

I'm thinking we won't see updated PowerMacs until around February.

I'm expecting superdrives being in PowerBooks at MacWorld NY in July.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

-Natron
 

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
1,281
0
Re: My MWSF Expectations

Originally posted by mytdave
Now that I previously ranted here's what I need to see from MWSF:
You NEED to see this???
;) :rollseyes:

Entire product line:
Dual display support (non-mirror) even on iBooks
I think this is VERY likely </sarcasm>[/B][/QUOTE]

Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1, SPDIF, Analog, better spkrs
VERY unlikely but would be VERY nice.

- PowerMacs -
2 FireWire ports & 6 USB ports
What is it with people and USB ports.... REALLY, what are you going to do with 6? I remember the days when you had 1 printer, 1 modem and 1 SCSI port and that was plenty.

Dual ATA133 Raid
Another likely option </sarcasm>

- iBooks -
2 FireWire ports & 4 USB ports
ATA100
4x AGP
What do you need ATA 100 for in an iBook?????? They only have one hard drive and it runs at 4200RPM.

Entry:
800MHz G3, 512MB L2, 100MHz FSB
256MB DDR 1600 (200MHz) RAM
30GB fluid bearing ATA/5 HD
Combo drive (DVD/CDRW)
ATI Mobility Radeon Graphics w/16MB VRAM
56k v.92 modem
12.1" LCD
8 hours battery life
$899.00

Mid:
900MHz G3, 1MB L2, 133MHz FSB
512MB DDR 2100 (266MHz) RAM
40GB fluid bearing ATA/5 HD
Combo drive (DVD/CDRW)
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 w/32MB DDR
56k v.92 modem
12.1" LCD
8 hours battery life
$1299.00

Top:
1GHz G3, 1MB L2, 133MHz FSB
512MB DDR 2100 (266MHz) RAM
40GB fluid bearing ATA/5 HD
Combo drive (DVD/CDRW)
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 w/32MB DDR
56k v.92 modem
14.1" LCD
7 hours battery life
$1499.00
I think you are a little generous with the battery life there and a 133 bus in an iBook... come on... DDR for that matter, too.
 

mytdave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2002
584
740
Re: Re: Re: madamimadam

Actually, I haven't been very detailed on a number of things cause I wanted to stay focused on what I want to see come out of MWSF.

Also, technical differences don't matter when it comes to selling boxes, specs matter. The public is not going to care that FireWire is superior, but they are going to care that they can connect their new 5 megapixel still camera to the computer over USB 2.0 but not FireWire. That is why I want to see USB 2.0 arrive at MWSF.

Also, ATA100 in a laptop doesn't do you any good - the drives can only transfer about 15-20MB/s tops. What does matter is the buying public checking out the specs and comparing them to the PCs. That is why I want to see improved specs come out of MWSF.

Yes, I DEFINITELY want to see more USB ports on Apple's machines. I personally have 5 USB devices and only 2 damned USB ports. I'm tired of plugging/unplugging and not being able to use all devices at the same time. I DO have a USB hub (powered even), but 2 of the devices require a direct connection, so I'm still swapping devices. GRRRR. So yes, this is another thing I need to see arrive at MWSF.

I was being overly optimistic about battery life - but hey one can hope can't we? They are playing with lithium-polymer in the lab, so who knows?
:)
 

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
1,281
0
Re: Re: Re: Re: madamimadam

Originally posted by mytdave
Actually, I haven't been very detailed on a number of things cause I wanted to stay focused on what I want to see come out of MWSF.

Also, technical differences don't matter when it comes to selling boxes, specs matter. The public is not going to care that FireWire is superior, but they are going to care that they can connect their new 5 megapixel still camera to the computer over USB 2.0 but not FireWire. That is why I want to see USB 2.0 arrive at MWSF.

Also, ATA100 in a laptop doesn't do you any good - the drives can only transfer about 15-20MB/s tops. What does matter is the buying public checking out the specs and comparing them to the PCs. That is why I want to see improved specs come out of MWSF.

Yes, I DEFINITELY want to see more USB ports on Apple's machines. I personally have 5 USB devices and only 2 damned USB ports. I'm tired of plugging/unplugging and not being able to use all devices at the same time. I DO have a USB hub (powered even), but 2 of the devices require a direct connection, so I'm still swapping devices. GRRRR. So yes, this is another thing I need to see arrive at MWSF.

I was being overly optimistic about battery life - but hey one can hope can't we? They are playing with lithium-polymer in the lab, so who knows?
:)
Apple is known in the industry as having some of the best laptops around... not only do they sell from their looks but their features are unmatched by mainstream competitors. Also, I have never seen ATA 100 even mentioned on doco for a lap top so I don't think it would be a selling point. Also, why would people care about faster photo transfer when they have no good software to use with it?

BTW, the only Apple machine, that I can think of, that shipped with 2 USB ports was the B&W G3. Don't know how you would have survived back 5 years ago before companies got so port happy.
 

Natron

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2002
96
0
Since it is almost definite we'll see new PowerBooks on November 5 WITHOUT Superdrives, I'm betting we'll see them at MacWorld SF or more likely around April if they get them into the current design. (Much like they did with the TiBook Combo Drives: they released Powerbooks, then updated them to Superdrives in a minor update)

If they can't fit them in, we'll probably see a remodeled PowerBook with a Superdrive and Bluetooth around the middle of next year.

-Natron
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
Originally posted by Inhale420
$99 a year will be charged for each of the iApps
I would hope not, or at least make available with .mac. Think it would be a big mistake!!!!! :)