General What does it take to get a darn dev team together!?! I'm offering $ up front!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oftheheavens, Feb 17, 2013.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Anyone know a better place to get dev's? I need a team with the skills of Pedro from quasar and I am offering start up cash with a huge percentage of all the profits to the dev's.

2. tekno macrumors 6502a

3. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What for?

5. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

Originally it was for a teats help the 16 year old genius that is working on updating quasar. I wanted a team to help speed that up since I assume he is in school and has limited time, then wanted the team to move on to create multiapp for the iPhone 5 and then work on seeing if the 4&4S could handle it. I have the cash to front a startup and also a contract going over profit shares. The profit would actually be more for the dev's than myself. I know both those apps would be huge. I would have he dev that not only helped but his sole job would be security for the app, finding holes and such so that it could not be cracked as easily and hopefully eventually at all. Example is mywi. I don't think it has fully been cracked since 4.0

When we shift to multiapp that dev would remain on security holes while lending help as he could to put out multiapp.

I also had a business plan which includes many releases, weekly if possible, not only to keep people trying to crack it busy but to release small but necessary updates so that people would not stick to just the first cracked version. So it would be updates that brought wanted features. For example, quasar would have been scaled back to the ios6 version to the bare minimum of allowing multiple windows opens and running at the same time. We would try to work out something for the people that already paid full price to allow them all the features from ios5'. Then with updates we could release features like rescaling the size of windows, an update lowering ram usage, the already present feature to be able to flip the window vertical or horizontal. You get the point.

Our goal would be to make it as hard to crack and stay up to date should it get cracked to make our buyers feel good about getting the best experience they could witht people trying to crack it so that people could steal our hard work and make these that aid feel cheated.

Well since I can't seem to get a hold of Pedro I would like to start on multiapp which would allow the split screen app that Samsung has that allows two apps to run simultaneously split horizontally in the middle of the screen and I had ideas that would are it more usefull than just a split screen.

Anyways I want front and contract up to three developers, including Pedro if we could get a hold of him. Any dev's that are interested but want more info can pm me OR better yet email me at

Finneymc at g m a i l .dot. Co m

6. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

The only issue is that the app depends on the availability of a jailbreak. Apple will kill your app if you try to bring it to them.:(

Also, 16 year olds aren't known for their reliability.;) I'd suggest contacting various well known cydia devs...I'm sure they are all quite familiar with Quasar.

7. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

Oh I don't have any interest in apple apps just JB apps. If it can be submitted, then that just means more cash for the dev's and I.

I agree about the 16 year old thing but I refuse to take his idea and create our own version of it, that is just as bad as pirating. I want an honest smart dev team not a smart team lead by a thief. Know what I mean?

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

1, jailbreaking being volatile and producing little income and writing JB'n apps being very scarcely documented (as opposed to doing the same for AppStore), no wonder there are few iOS programmers being able / wanting to write apps. I've, as an iOS programmer also writing some JB apps now and then, been closely monitoring JB-specific articles / resources. There are VERY few of them. Most of the tricks aren't documented at all and have to find out yourself; for example, I couldn't find anything so far explaining how I could gain write access to /System/Library/Frameworks under iOS6 (unlike under iOS5).

2, you should talk with, say, Ryan Petrich ( http://rpetri.ch/ ). He's pretty much into full-time JB coding and knows a LOT.

3, reimplementing a windowing system isn't theft if you don't actually make use any code / resources from the app, "just" the basic idea.

9. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

I know it isn't really theft but for a 16 year old kid that is in the process of updating an amazing app (from what reviews I've read, never got to use it) i wouldn't feel right getting a group of really good developers to write an even better or just as good app. That is why I am TRYING to get him involved but he has not contacted me in any way. I guess if I get a team that say they can do it faster and better than we might just do it if there is no contact still.

Thanks for the name above I will contact him.

10. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

I think that technically you can even use the same code and not commit any illegal action as long as it's not patented.

If we're talking moral then yes. Avoid copying the code.

11. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It depends, re-creating an un-patented idea and reusing someone's code are different things unless said code has been released under a license that allows it.

12. dhlizard, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

13. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

This is my first actual thread while the others you refer to are in other people's threads asking about "where is quasar 6.0" which I posted in hoping Pedro would read. This thread finally got me in touch with two people that have a long list of highly used JB apps. I have also already talked to a moderator, whom also helped me. So unless you can contribute like every other person in this thread has please don't waste your own time looking up other threads to copy/paste as in the other threads I already did that myself.

But thanks for pointing that out, hopefully the very helpful people from this thread will post in the others as well to raise interest for Pedro updating his app or giving us an update on what is going on, and maybe the people I have spoken to can help him since he has stated he is low on time, and them he and the other and I can start on the 2nd app together. So thanks lizard! :)

----------

Oh and there is an update for everyone on my project, with all your help I have gotten in touch with a few people and we are going to start on something like quasar if Pedro doesn't update, and then start on multiapp! I hope it all comes together cause I am excited to have apps with that much functionality. And if the App Store accepts them that would be awesome!

14. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Lolz... you don't know Apple and their stupid stubbornness :/

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You are incorrect.

You started both threads I linked (1st post in each is yours)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      60.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      72.9 KB
      Views:
  16. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Alot of the devs who already have apps in cydia provide their email addresses for support within the apps. Like for example the creators of bitesms, springtomize etc..... you can try contacting them and see if they can create something from scratch that is similar to multi app... Then they wont really be taking the 16 year old's code... just creating an alternative app. Anyways thats where you should look because these guys are quite talented and already have some amazing tweaks in cydia. They also probably have more time to work on something especially if you are putting up some cash up front for their time.

17. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I'd say do whatever it takes to get a working app, with or without the kid. He doesn't own the idea, just his program. If someone else is capable of making a similar app, then they should.

18. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

We could also take into account the fact that it's not possible to patent software in Europe. Plus patenting stuff worldwide is extremely expensive, I don't see a 16 year old boy (Quasar's dev) into that tbh.

I do think though that if some dev team wants to rethink Quasar they should ask the dev first. If he doesn't want to be part then they are completely free to do whatever they want as long as they don't use his code.

Of course I'm talking about my opinion here. Some court may think differently. What the USA thinks about Google copying Apple is not the same as what Korea thinks. Hidden interests? Sure, but still...

19. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

My bad lord of the forums you are 100% correct, sorry I am a marine that is getting "medically retired combat veterine" so I apologize greatly if I took my medication later in the evening, if you look at the time, and forgot because I try to go all day without taking medication even with the excruciating pain and sometimes just can't take it anymore and have to take the hydromorphone, strongest pill form painkiller since they stopped instant release OxyContin case you didn't know. So sorry if I made more than one in different formats. Notice they are all later in the night. I am trying to bring two apps that just about everyone jailbroken or not want. now please take your uselessness somewhere else

20. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Thought you said you're a performance car tuner or something like that?
    I smell a rat.......

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes he did.
    And I believe he also said he was 16 years old in one of the threads I linked !

Busted !

22. Mrg02d, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013

Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I believe he was referring to the quasar dev. He doesn't come off as a teen y'all...

And if he is a veteran, then lighten the fudge up a little...God forbid someone returns from service and makes a mistake on the Internet. Is it really such a problem that it needs to be dragged on like this? It appears he is trying to do something useful, only those he has contacted can say whether or not its legit. If I were a programmer, I'd hear him out.

Money talks, and he's talking money.

23. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

As numerous others have pointed out you are drawing from a VERY small pool of developers.

iOS JB developers are few and far between and the project you are asking for is not exactly the simplest to make....

Did you try contacting Pedro to see if he will give you the source code so you can have something to work with?

24. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If I misunderstood the age thing, then I was incorrect.
    But why not just be honest. I know I wouldn't get involved in any financial arrangement based on the content of his past posts.

Good luck to all here in getting the apps updated.