What does the 6 Plus have...that the 6 doesn't?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legion103, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Legion103 macrumors regular

Everyone keeps talking about those "extra features"

What are they, beside resolution?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. Legion103 thread starter macrumors regular

thats it?

4. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

5. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Better battery, camera stabilisation and higher ppi display, landscape apps (400 vs 326)

6. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

better battery is such bs, the phone will require to use a lil more battery = basically the same crap.

7. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

It provides a landscape mode similar to the iPads (home screen can switch to landscape mode). The camera is slightly different apparently, but the only stated difference is that the 6+ will have OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). Also the things others mentioned with the display and battery life.

8. Imory macrumors 6502a

Apple have always been pretty spot on when demonstrating/showing charts on their battery life. While the display is bigger, it doesn't necessary correlate completely to the amount of battery. They clearly showed that in some aspects, the 6+ will have an extended amount of battery life. The question is though really how significant that difference will be.

All in all, the differences between the phones aren't really that big. I expect the OIS to be a pretty small improvement given that the digital IS they've used before has always been good.

I have a feeling the screens of both models won't disappoint either, but I'll wait for the reviews before adding anything more.

9. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

benchmarks does not equal to real world usage

10. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

....yeah on "divide everything by 4" day.... ;)

11. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It obviously will have a better battery. Yes, the benchmarks they show can be BS but no way it will be equal to the 4.7" iPhone 6. If it were equal they would show equal BS benchmarks.

Attached Files:

12. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

benchmarks mean nothing to me, everyone i know charges their iphone 5 at least once a day

13. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

Well for people who want a larger phone and are more light to moderate users, with the 6 Plus they might not have to.

14. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

i noticed my 5s battery drain faster when it's hot out, is that normal. lol

15. Imory macrumors 6502a

No, but they're much better than listening to someone here saying it would hardly make a difference in an arbitrary way. Anandtech have great ways to measure battery life which is really not that far off from simulating "real world" usage. Even though we all use our phones differently.

----------

I honestly don't feel that with the products I've had so far.

16. aristobrat macrumors G5

Doesn't the 6 Plus also get different versions of some of the stock apps, to utilize the extra screen space? And landscape mode for the home screen (like the iPad)?

17. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Yes. I just summarized the hardware features.

18. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The sizes are rumored to be ~1800mAh and ~2900mAh. No WAY the larger screen completely eats up that extra 1100mAh. The 6+ will dominate the 6 in battery life. The cost of that battery life is carrying around a larger device.

:apple:

19. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

In terms of real-world usage, optical image stabilization is really the only thing the iPhone 6+ has over the 6. Yes, I really do mean real-world usage because many of us are not wall huggers and are able to get through the day on a single charge just fine.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They are a good starting point, especially when comparing models. Don't look at it as hours of use, look at it as percentage differences, between the two phones.

The 6 Plus is about 20% better, at minimum, at all of the things measured. That should give you a decent example of how it will compare to an iphone five.

If you are charging five times a day, you will only have to charge four. :rolleyes:

----------

IMO this is the biggest feature difference, aside from screen size. I am really hoping we see tons of iPad styled apps coming to the 6 Plus. My pie in the sky dream is to see the iPad store open to the 6 plus completely.

21. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Double the ram, 2gb vs 1gb...

Isn't OIS similar to the floating lens technology that helped make the high end Nokia Lumia's king of the camera smartphones?

Would really like to see a breakdown comparing stills and video between the two (6 and 6+). I expect a camera review within the next couple of weeks...

401ppi vs 326ppi is not insignificant either...

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Source? I thought rumors have both at 1 gig.

23. zipa macrumors 65816

Machismo. And serious coolness.

:cool:

24. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

dont get your hopes up