Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
*pretty music*

S is for speed, with a new dual core A5 processor.
S is for Siri, your own personal assistant.
S is for sleek, at just 9.3mm thick.
S is for software, preinstalled with the revolutionary iOS 5.
S is for smile, with a new 8MP camera.

Introducing the new iPhone 4S. S is for pretty much anything you want it to be.

See? Why aren't I working at an ad agency for Apple. It isn't that hard :p

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
In order to properly answer this question, we must look into the realms of psychology: The S is a persuasion technique.

Apple just made a ton of money using old hardware, without having to do any real changes, simply by using the principal of parity.

I could take two ordinary Twinkies out of a box, slap an S on one of them, you'd only want the Twinkie S because it sounds better. The same reason they put "new and improved" on the cereal box, even though it's not really new or improved.

Apple could've even just put the 4S's in with the 4's and you'd have been none the wiser.

Speed? Not that you'll notice. It's not the speed that improves, it's the performance, which means less crashes- Yay?

Siri? Apple has already been identified for falsely saying that Siri doesn't work on the iPhone 4 and iPod touch. Could've been in the software update.

Camera? Apple probably, and most assuredly had the 4S planned before the 4 even came out. 720p to 1080p not a breakthrough- predictable.

Apple can't say what the S stands for, because it doesn't stand for anything.

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
It's Speed. Just like the 3GS.

Speed? But it's not that fast. I honestly think it's for Siri.

It's faster than the 4. That was the main reason for the 3G to the 3GS. It was faster.

It has a faster processor and it really is noticeably faster than the iPhone 4.

It stands for "Speed". Full stop.

It's is only barely faster if you put them side by side, (or u would never notice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1zLg4itgZA

Sucker - to describe the feeling I got using my upgrade on this phone when I had an iPhone 4

Alot of us feel this ^ way, I know I do. Pissed away a 2yr committment for Siri (which is now available on the 4) :eek:

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
It's a lesson to you all. You don't need a new phone every single year. I don't know what got you on this addiction.

The 4S is just an updated 4. To keep it relevant.

You weren't supposed to go out and buy it, it's more for new Apple users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.