What does your username mean (or why did you choose it)?

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
My username can be taken two ways. The corect way is "macbook + airman" So...its not macbookair + man, but macbook + airman.

Did that makes sense lol? :D

I have a very big interest in flight and aviation.

Mr. lax

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
Canada
I am male and i play lacrosse which is commonly abbreviated to lax.
I think this is a great idea for a thread

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
not the first thread on this

mine is for no reason. used to want to go to duke back in the day, like when i was 10 years old and have just used it ever since. 85 was year i was born

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Self explanatory :D

My AIM screen name is mattg5150, because back when I created it I was learning to play guitar and really into Eddie Van Halen!

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Melrose #1

Melrose #2

...why either of these had anything to do with it, I don't know. I think I had the song going when I joined, and of course one's brain goes dead when one is trying to come up with usernames. :rolleyes:

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
My science teacher from last year had a really interesting sense of humor so he called himself this whenever he would give us tests because he was giving us the opportunity to improve our grades. I know it sounds kind of weird, but he was my favorite science teacher so I just decided to make it my SN.

'94 is my birth year. :)

fungus

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
@unclefungus
Short for Uncle Fungus, from Ice Age. My niece and nephews, with help from my sister, coined it when they realized that I am very sloth-like. The older ones have started using my actual name, but my 38 year old sis still calls me Fungus. The younger ones call my wife A(u)nti-Fungus... opposites attract, you know.

Prof.

macrumors 601
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
In middle school, ppl always called me "Professor". So I just decided to go with "Prof." :)

remmy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
I am male and i play lacrosse which is commonly abbreviated to lax.
I think this is a great idea for a thread
I thought is was to do with something else?

Myself I was going to put renne, but I don't know why I didn't and don't like my current username at all.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
CA
It's the first three letters of my first name, my middle initial, and my last name. The handle I more commonly go by on almost everything else is anexanhume, which I made up after watching the first Mummy movie :p

Boneoh

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2009
So. Cal.
My handle is Boneoh, pronounced bow knee oh. Back in the summer of 76, my buddy had just turned 18. We took him to the local bar, and we all proceeded to get drunk. One of the favorite high school teachers was Mr. Bonilla, everybody really loved him.

Since we had just graduated, we were all drunk and telling stories about our past high school experiences. So when someone mentioned Bonilla, and people all around started yelling his name. Before drinking a shot, people would yell Bonilla. After a while noone could say it correctly, and it became BONEOH!

After that crazy night, it became kind of a greeting for a while. Before you know it, I got saddled with the nickname. It's strange... a long story to explain all of this and there is no real meaning to it except that everyone was plastered! :p