what DONT you like about iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheekybobcat, Jan 6, 2008.

1. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

there are so many reasons why people love the touch but I've never rally heard people say what they done like about it.
    I don't like:
    1 how jailbreaking is the only way to get third party apps
    2 how there is no flash or java plugin so youtube is the only video choice
    3 can't get apps even from apple that can be downloaded
    4 how easily the back gets scratched

Post your problems here :)

2. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

I don't have an iPod Touch but the storage really bothers me; for the same price I can get 16Gb in my iPod I can get a PS3... that's just ridiculous.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

no tactile feedback. I don't know if I'd like it, but I'm not about to do a $400 experiment... I'll buy and eeePC instead, thank you very much! (and save $50)

4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

in reply
    @2 Apparently that was a battery life thing?

@4 I have an invisible shield which takes the brunt of the scratches

What I don't like is the lack of lyrics support.

5. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

no big deal to jailbreak

flash and java overrated

i get all the apps i ever wanted from various sources

mine has been in a case from day one

6. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

No 3rd party apps

the rest I'm pretty damn happy with.

7. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

For some reason the pop up music controls don't work very well when browsing the internet in widescreen. You have to touch the screen above the button for it to work correctly. A little annoying but other than that I'm a very proud iPod Touch owner.

8. KFCTR macrumors member

KFCTR

I hate how there so many choices in the same price range
    AT&T Tilt
    PS3
    XBOX 360
    Wii
    160GB Classic iPod
    But still love it.

9. macRat17 macrumors member

macRat17

10. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

aren't your 1 and 3 the same?
    the lack of third party apps isn't so bad. we have plenty, and in a couple of months we'll have a hell of a lot more.

2 is a real issue. i think it might be fixed in future, maybe not because of the limitations of the device.

4 I have an iPhone and it has 2 scratches in 6 months, both are tiny and can't be seen unless the screen is off and the light is perfect.

11. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Third party apps would be nice, but with SDK's being opened for the phone and touch I'm sure I will be able to download what I want/need.

12. redblues macrumors newbie

1- buggy clock
    2- buggy battery charging (or battery meter)
    3- buggy accelerometer
    4- no volume controls in landscape mode (playing music)
    5- having to take ipod out of pocket to change tracks/adjust volume (using wired headset)

It'd be nice to address #5 by having the edges of the screen remain touch sensitive when the screen is off. Then implement edge sliding for track/volume control.

13. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

14. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I wish they would make my wired FM remote work instead of just making it an expensive extension cable!

15. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

The fact that Safari crashes constantly even when I just open it and try to go to a web page, and how browsing the web while listening to music causes it to freeze or the music to stop.

16. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Two dead pixels, Safari crashing (not often but enough for it to be voiced), slowness of Safari, and the fact that more memory than what is available is not an option.

17. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Only thing I hate is how there is no speakers on the iPod ;_;. Oh, and this is for Apple, there is a thing as TOO thin and the iPod touch is it! I wish it was a little bit thicker just to easily hold, something the size of the iPhone is perfect.

18. Andras5soul macrumors member

People are commenting on lack of upgradable memory and no side controls...ITS AN IPOD...never has an ipod had volume control and no pmp has upgradable memory because consumers do not need it.
    1) Very overpriced for small hard drive
    2) Have to jailbreak and lose warranty to get full potential of a powerful device
    3) No Java or Flash
    4) Amplifier noise when music isn't playing and headphones are still in

19. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Never had there been an iPod you couldn't control the volume with in your pocket...

20. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

1) Its not got a hard drive.

and 2) jailebraking doesn't loose your warranty.

21. PNW macrumors regular

My wife gave me an 8 GB touch for Christmas. In general I love it, but as with any toy it has it's drawbacks.

1) No "convert audio files to 128 kbps AAC for transfer" option (Ironically I have a shuffle for running, and don't use this feature because it's less than 1/4 full. But since our mini is hardwired to the stereo (as was it's predecessor) most of our collection is either 256 or lossless, so that function would come in really handy for the touch which I'm now using to listen to music at work)

2) No Volume, last, next controls from cover flow (landscape) view. Better yet add physical controls on each side of the button for the main menu.

3) No Mail

4) Safari way to slow to be useful (I've only tried connection via the shared airport from our mini (wired to cable modem) which isn't exactly fast, but still it won't even pull up the NY Times home page with out locking up )

5) If the touch can sync all of your other data by deleting some of your pictures it will delete all of them without asking first (even if the extra data your trying to add is more pictures). It will inform you that it did this afterwards.

6) When plugged in I get the day glow green battery instead of my wallpaper when I turn the screen back on/ wake it up. Come on, I know it's plugged in there's a huge friggin' white cord hanging out of it, and even if it wasn't connected for some reason I'd still rather see my wallpaper. That's why I took the time to set it.

22. Jecko024 macrumors member

Jecko024

i want it to come with the iphone apps, bluetooth, and a camera (in order of preference)

23. Matek macrumors 6502a

I dislike the interface when listening to songs/watching videos. I often do it when i go to sleep and if i am on my side, the accelerometer does things i dont want (going into coverflow which disables controls). The progress bar is useless for seeking when watching longer videos, finger controls are just too bulky. I'd love to see a virtual click-wheel that would allow more precise actions.

24. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

The headphone jack on the bottom. It makes it difficult to take the sync cable out.

25. rocktofakie3 macrumors member

what I would like to see change in future of the iPod touch is....

that they freaking atleast round the gigs up like 8-10gb then 16-20gb.....I know you just can't get on a computer and type 10gb and thats that....and I would like the see memos, downloadable videos via iPod iTunes, uh camera but that then defeats the propose of slim useless theres a camera smaller then the iphone camera but I think other then that I am good oh and a more scratchles back cover what the heck ever though.....oh And can play WoW directly on the iPod ;) jk

(P.S. Not like a choice of 8-10 but instead of 8 add 2 more and get 10)