What else can I peep and pop?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluedoggiant, Sep 27, 2015.

1. bluedoggiant, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

ive been peeping and popping lately and I love it. I guess usually this should go under iOS forum but it's an 6S exclusive feature. Idk, just wanted to start a thread compiling all the things we can peep and pop!

First and probably one of the only third party things so far is IG, peep and pop thumbnails and usernames..

EDIT: oh it's called peek and pop...oops.

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

This is by far my favorite use for it. Peek/pop links or news articles in the news app. Just great!

5. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I literally thought your title was "what else can I pee and poop"

6. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

In the messages app if you hard-press on the contact circle you get a list of shortcuts to phone message, FaceTime or email them.

7. dashwin macrumors regular

dashwin

I have used peek and pop in Safari mostly and also on the home screen. I wish there was a way to peek as normal and then pop to another tabbed window in Safari by the hard press. The soft press should open the link in the same window.

8. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Peek a photo slideshow by a hard press on the thumbnail in the camera app - then hard press a 2nd time and "pop" into the Photos app (for edit, tagging, etc.), and you can return to the camera with 'Done', or go to All Photos to access the complete Photos app, then use 'Back to Camera' to get directly back to the camera app.

Love this new navigation/workflow control provided by 3D Touch.

9. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Plenty of 3ed party apps will be coming from now own. Shazam has already been updated.

10. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Just realized you can hold down on a letter in the keyboard to place the cursor anywhere in the text. The letters on the keyboard blank out.

11. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

As has Twitter.

12. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Inside maps app you press on address and you get a fly over directions or share.

13. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

And if you press the name of the person after you do that it takes you to Details screen with all the photos.

14. dave420 macrumors 65816

Now that's useful! Been trying to figure out what is so great about 3D Touch. I understand the potential, but the limited use so far has me wondering why people rave about it so much. I have watched a couple videos that only show what I already know how to do. I really like what you mentioned about being able to move the cursor easily.

15. rockingrick macrumors newbie

In the music app you can hold down on a artist and it will show the albums that u own and the picture of the artist.

16. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

You can also select text. It took me a while to figure out how to do it. You press down on the keyboard to enter "cursor" mode. Not you can let up on the pressure but don't lift your finger. Move to where you wan't to start selected text and press again then move the cursor to the end of what you want to select and then lift your finger. You only need to press to go into "cursor" mode and when you want to mark the beginning of your selection. A double press selects everything. The key is not to lift your finger until you are done selecting. This in itself is worth the price of admission.

17. macfacts macrumors 68020

macfacts

You don't need 3dtouch for that. The samsung keyboard on my note3 can swipe to move the cursor as well.

18. batting1000 macrumors 604

That's good for you. You seem to be in the wrong forum.

19. dave420 macrumors 65816

As batting said that isn't too helpful since I have an iPhone. I am glad that Apple did something to make my experience better, as this was something lacking previously. For curiosity next time I am in the AT&T store I may compare the implementation in the Samsung device.
    It's just most of the other things don't impress me too much with 3D Touch. Like being able to preview a text message instead of opening it isn't that useful. I think I need to get used to it more, as I said 3D Touch has a lot of potential.

20. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

You win for this.

21. thekb macrumors 6502a

Actually, since there is no way to mark a text message as unread after you've seen it, this is one of the MOST useful applications of peek & pop I've seen.

22. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I think this feature will become much more useful as apps start to take advantage of it.

23. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I'm not understanding this. I have tried pressing down a letter on my keyboard and positively nothing happens. Can you explain further please?

24. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

I just peeked and popped into this thread.