What exact time will they be available on Wednesday?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPadsgo4, Nov 9, 2015.

1. iPadsgo4 macrumors newbie

Will the pre order start at 12 AM or sometime during the day ? I hope they don't launch during the day, I have school :'/. Really looking to get the one I want. 128 GB space grey.

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I highly doubt they will be sold out. If the Air 2 wasn't when I pre ordered mine mid day in 2014 I doubt this will because the general consumer either doesn't see the value / can't afford or is waiting and see for a lower price or is it a viable product. I could totally be wrong in my assumption but that is just my feeling

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

4. purplehunter, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015

purplehunter macrumors member

purplehunter

Any guesses on when it will be released though? Such as the time ?

Thanks !

5. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

all apple preorder always starts 12.01 pacific time, until apple tv.... so who knows...

6. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Not sure I'm getting the point of preorder. If it's available in store this week but only available to preorder on Thursday (in Australia), then preorder is really preorder ahead of the second shipment. I think I'll head into the Apple Store at lunch time on Friday if it's announced they will be available then. I just hate those annoying over helpful sales staff. Personally I don't want to be resold what I'm buying whilst waiting for them to bring it out to me.

7. aceconnell macrumors newbie

Will things be tied to Cupertino time? I'm in the UK, so will it be midnight tonight that they go on sale or midnight Cupertino which is 8am tomorrow?

I know this isn't an exact science, but going by previous pre-orders, was it tied to Cupertino or UK?

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light.
    Ace

8. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

As the Australian release is Thursday, I guess it's likely to be around 8 or 9am PST which will be 12th 4am Sydney time, 11th 3pm your time. $5 says I'm right.

9. aceconnell macrumors newbie

Way to Sherlock Holmes the situation!

That makes a lot of sense. I remember queuing all day for iPad 2 because the Apple Store couldn't give them out until 5pm or whatever time it equated to being in California. My bum and the pavement came very close, freezing cold friends.

Ace

10. newellj macrumors 601

Right, pre-order doesn't guarantee that you will get yours first. Depending on store availability and how fast they ship, walk-in buyers may have theirs days or even a week earlier.

11. aceconnell macrumors newbie

Why do they do it that way? In everything else a pre-order means you get it on the launch day. I don't get why they are not rewarding their loyal fans that pony up the money blindly in that case?

Ace

12. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Give this man a medal! So the very earliest orders could possibly go live is 1pm UK time on Wednesday (assuming orders start simultaneously around the world).

Sorry to be a stickler but while you're right about the release being 5pm local time it wasn't for that reason: the US release date was March 11, the UK was March 25. :p

13. aceconnell macrumors newbie

Must have been daylight saving time then :p

Why on earth did I have to sit on a cold floor until 5 then? lol

Ace

14. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I may not pre order this time. I will just buy exactly what I want when it comes in stores. Its an iPad not an iPhone.

15. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Yes it is a pain.

The thing is this isn't a pre-order. If you read the press release they're very careful to say "available to order online" rather than "pre-order".

The good thing is that annoying launches like this will hurt Apple as they'll have to deal with people returning online orders because they bought one in store, and that kind of thing.

16. APPLfanCA macrumors regular

It would be great if they told us a time so I knew if I have to wake up at midnight.

17. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

When Tim Cook announced the :apple: TV availability he did not state pre-order, but rather that "Apple will begin taking orders for the new set-top box on Monday, October 26 with shipments beginning at the end of the week." In yesterdays press info, "Apple® today announced iPad Pro™ is available to order online on Wednesday, November 11, from Apple.com and will arrive at Apple’s retail stores, select carriers and Apple Authorized Resellers starting later this week." This is the same wording as the :apple: TV. At 6:38 am PDT/8:38 am EST Apple began accepting orders for :apple: TV and will most likely do the same for iPad Pro.

P.S I'll be too busy playing Fallout 4 :D:cool:

18. aceconnell macrumors newbie

So I should start looking at a little for twenty to three tomorrow afternoon over here in the UK. That is an incredibly arbitrary time lol.

Ace

19. joeallen macrumors member

joeallen

Preorders have almost always been opened at local time for each different store... Is it different this time?

20. BlakeBrattina macrumors 6502a

I don't believe anyone will have an issue, especially if they pre-order. I'll be walking in the store sometime this week/weekend to grab mine.

21. BrettJDeriso macrumors regular

In my case, in Northern Virginia, there was no mention of timing the launch with Cupertino (though that certainly makes sense). The Reston Town Center store received their pallet of merch around 3PM, and they told us that because they had no idea how many of each model they were getting, we had to wait while they unpacked the shipment and inventoried all of it.

22. gsingham macrumors 6502

Where have u been? Preorders have always been at the same time...

23. gsingham, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015

gsingham macrumors 6502

Nope give me one. I was keeping quiet waiting for the Singapore press release update. For some reason Apple took their time with this one.

I'm in Australia and yes our preorder date is Thursday.

The Singapore preorder date is still Wednesday.

The difference is 2hrs between Australia and Singapore.

Hence the preorders will commence anytime between 12.01am to 2.01am AEST

Which roughly equates to around 5 -7am Pacifc Time which was similar to the Apple TV launch

24. APPLfanCA macrumors regular

Omg I just need an exact time. Guess I will just stay up like a crackhead from midnight tonight until 9am tomorrow. LOL.

25. BrettJDeriso macrumors regular

Not to put the dark cloud to your silver lining, but doesn't that kinda assume that Apple are going to ship an overage of these things to stores on launch day? They already know it's a niche device, and they're not anticipating moving anything like Air 2 quantities on the opening salvo. They will have throttled the supply as tightly as their analysts tell them to.

I think it's entirely possible we'll be reading a lot of wailing and moaning about shortages by Monday afternoon ;)