What exactly is she paid for?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Apr 10, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

So ... let's recap.

The woman from Burberry was paid a thousand million billion dollars to defect to Apple to posh up the retail experience.

We've had many reports of Day One of her first major test. Reports of clueless, ill-prepared staff. (Much like the ones online.) Watches that aren't charged. People being sent away after only trying two bands. Shops with insufficient stock, eg bands in only one size to try.

Exactly why was she hired and why is she being paid so much?

2. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I would also like the answer. She could go the way of that previous UK retail
    loser very soon!

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Ahrendts

What she did at Burberry "Ahrendts mitigated the brand's decline in prestige by immediately limiting the number of clothing and accessories carrying the Burberry check pattern to 10%"

Funny how the the Apple watch was "limited" to online purchases for now. What it pay off and watch her get a raise.

4. syrinxStarman macrumors member

A lot of these concerns can be attributed to supply chain and/or manufacturing issues. Those things aren't really in her control.

5. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

6. Mythicstatus2 macrumors regular

What is she being paid for...

well the fact the you woke up in the middle of the night to give apple a lot of money for a watch sight unseen.

Despite everything the watch is sold out until june...thats the only thing that matters to apple and to apples shareholders.

7. robaroo macrumors regular

I'm sure it's her fault that some college student kid working at the apple store doesn't know what he's doing because he quite frankly doesn't care. he gets a discount on apple products and he's happy. i'm being sarcastic. it's not her fault. i had a friend who worked in a corporate job during the day and at an apple store at night. she worked at the apple store just to get discount. she didn't really care much about actually working there. she lasted two weeks but got what she needed.

8. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Overpaid, pointless, self important female employed as fashion expert for computer firm that specializes in advanced technology.

If you can't see the problem with that IN GIANT RED LETTERS, then I'd get some glasses :D

9. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

10. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Sucks to be those people I guess. She did a phenomenal job at my location. The staff were well-trained, courteous and professional. I was allowed to try on a variety of watches to my heart's content and they were all charged and functional.

How about you check out your local Apple Store later today and see for yourself?

Attached Files:

11. cymolia macrumors 6502a

man that thing looks ugly. too square and big imho, how would anyone differentiate a cheap knockoff from the original ? i couldnt tell if you were wearing a $10 casio or a apple watch but to each his own i guess

12. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

anyone get this email....

Attached Files:

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Uhhhh...

She made those new Apple employee shirts that don't look as good as the old ones!!!!! Think about the value she's adding to Apple. With her there Apple will be a 10 trillion dollar company by May.

14. andrea81 macrumors member

Because this is just a reunion of misogynists that can't stand the thought of a successful woman.

15. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Roger that. I'll see myself out.

16. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Without seeing the UI, I'd say it would be pretty easy to mistake a knockoff for the real thing.

Attached Files:

17. Sophrosyne macrumors member

She's taking Apple products from tech to jewelry. Brilliant.

18. CC117 macrumors 6502

CC117

She has nothing to do with the innovation of new products. She's the head of Retail. It's her job to ensure when customers visit the stores they leave happy.

Now, I don't know about you, but moving the watch to "online exclusive" for launch seems like the stores couldn't quite get coordinated for the launch. Her only job really.

And don't even get me started on the new Retina MacBook not being in stores today, for sale or demo units :rolleyes:

Why even have Apple Stores except for the Genius Bar then??

19. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

Let me see if I got this straight.

Guy ****s up and you say so. Cool to call out.
    Girl ****s up and you say so. You hate women.

Got it.

20. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Apple releases the new category: products that look like cheap knockoffs of themselves.:D

21. Branoic macrumors newbie

No, you don't have it right.

The statement in an earlier post which I believe was being called into questions was -

"Overpaid, pointless, self important female employed as fashion expert for computer firm that specializes in advanced technology."

The statement is a pointed reference to the fact that she is female, and that this somehow matters. No one would use the same phrasing with the word "male" instead of "female".

22. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Will his handle IS Piggie. Not sure what we expected. :confused:

23. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

They might say dude or guy. I suppose they could have said "chick" but is that offensive? His statement was clearly that a fashion person was rather useless for a technology company.

24. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Is that the Space Gray Sport or the Black Steel Watch?

25. NauticalDan macrumors regular

Imho

I think it might have been better to not have any online orders. If they really want to move everything to online, it would have been better to just have a reserve and pick-up in store option only.

Right now we are in a situation where I *think* a lot of people have ordered watches without trying them on and will find they've made a mistake, will try on later and need to cancel or return what they ordered, or are sitting on multiple orders and will cancel/return some after trying them on.

If they just had the reserve and pick-up in store option, then it would force people to go to the store, try on the watch, and be sure it's what they want before purchasing and save the headache of returns or people changing their mind or ordering more than they actually will keep. At the very least, the try on should have been available for a week or two before pre orders opened up.