• Pinky

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters

lke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
What finger you use in your iphone 5S.

I like it to use the thumb finger, it is easier to place it and faster than any other finger.

The best feature of the new iphone 5S is the finger sensor, imagine in 1 year how many times you type your password, this really makes your life easier.

It also works every time without issues because this is very high tech not like other cheap phones.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I used two scans of each thumb.
For one hand operation the thumb was the logical choice

andymodem

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I have each thumb for when I'm holding the phone in either hand, and I also have both index fingers for when the phone is laying flat and I just want to check something quick. The ergonomics are just easier for me with index finger if the phone is laying flat on something.

Fedmahn Kassad

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013
New York City
I have each thumb for when I'm holding the phone in either hand, and I also have both index fingers for when the phone is laying flat and I just want to check something quick. The ergonomics are just easier for me with index finger if the phone is laying flat on something.

The exact same as what I do, and for the same reasons. Been using an iPhone for 5 years and those just became the natural movements.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
What Finger you use in your iphone 5S

I can't tell you! You're only asking so you can hunt us down, kill us and chop off our fingers! You must work for the NSA.

*takes off tin foil hat*

I use my right thumb when I'm holding the phone. If it's on a table or desk, I use my right index. I have the same registered on my left hand but don't use them much if at all.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I have 4 fingers registered. 2 pointers and 2 thumbs. Works 99% of the time. Sometimes I find I don't press my finger entirely on the ring which causes a "Try Again". Otherwise, I love the touch ID. Way nicer than swiping then typing in a code.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I use a mountain lion paw. They aren't top OS anymore, so it's cheap & secure.

alphaod

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I usually finger with my thumb, but when I need to be creative I can using my index or middle finger (or sometimes both!).

tygrubb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did this.

The process was a bit more difficult than with my fingers and thumbs. The first time around at learning my noseprint, it said I was moving around too much, and then after a long time failed with an error message. Second attempt was awkward (and slow, but successful.

Unlocking with my nose is hit or miss, and most of the time I have to resort to an actual finger.

While I can't imagine a time or circumstance where I would need to use my nose to unlock my phone, it is quasi-reassuring to know that it is possible. I guess.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Thanks for the suggestion. I just did this.

The process was a bit more difficult than with my fingers and thumbs. The first time around at learning my noseprint, it said I was moving around too much, and then after a long time failed with an error message. Second attempt was awkward (and slow, but successful.

Unlocking with my nose is hit or miss, and most of the time I have to resort to an actual finger.

While I can't imagine a time or circumstance where I would need to use my nose to unlock my phone, it is quasi-reassuring to know that it is possible. I guess.

It might be useful if your in handcuffs and your phone is on a table, just saying lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.