Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
I'm not really a GTA fan, but I'm interested in seeing what's next all the same.

As for what I'm playing, I've moved on to Mortal Kombat X's story mode, but this time I'm playing on the Steam Deck. Looks and plays quite good there. I did already buy MK 11 on Switch, so I'll be playing that there.

Reactions: Macalicious2011

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I'm not really a GTA fan, but I'm interested in seeing what's next all the same.

As for what I'm playing, I've moved on to Mortal Kombat X's story mode, but this time I'm playing on the Steam Deck. Looks and plays quite good there. I did already buy MK 11 on Switch, so I'll be playing that there.
Does the steam deck replace your gaming computer?

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Played so many great games this year, I just picked up a Lenovo Legion Go to play more indie titles and to give my PC/PS5 a break. I'm going through right now:

Spider Man 2: Enjoyable

Alan Wake 2: just brilliant

The Invincible: Read the book and they really did a great job telling the story

Reactions: Macalicious2011

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
Does the steam deck replace your gaming computer?

Pretty much, yeah. I've just gotten increasingly tired of keeping up on the hardware side of PC gaming the older I get.

Played so many great games this year, I just picked up a Lenovo Legion Go to play more indie titles and to give my PC/PS5 a break. I'm going through right now:

I'm curious...what are your impressions of the Legion Go? I'm not necessarily looking to replace my Steam Deck, but the Windows-based handhelds seem like an interesting alternative.

Last edited:

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
I'm curious...what are your impressions of the Legion Go? I'm not necessarily looking to replace my Steam Deck, but the Windows-based handhelds seem like an interesting alternative.
The size of the screen really made me purchase it and I can say im impressed with it. I guess im just use to PC gaming because it felt like I was gaming on my desktop rig with installation of drivers and updates etc. Lenovo is very vocal on their forums and working to get the device software to a good place. The software was kind of bad at the beginning but they've already update it and it's better. Hoping they continue to update it to get it on par with the Steam Deck

Reactions: Amishpriest

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
Besides my Mortal Kombat shenanigans, I've picked Slay the Spire back up. Despite 30+ hours into it, I still haven't completed a standard run. Maybe I'm just not very good at anything deck/card based, going back to playing Magic: The Gathering in the '90's (only made it out of the first round of a Magic tournament once lol).

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
Only recently started gaming again after a 5 year break. Got a gaming pc and now the updated Steam Deck.

playing on both but to my own surprise I prefer the deck.

i’m playing:
* Baldur’s gate 3 far into Act 1 currently
* Diablo IV - just started this week

took advantage of the autumn sale to pick up several games I wanted
- Batman Arkham collection
- Anno 1800
- the Witcher 3
- Age of Empires IV

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
I haven't played it myself, but the impression I'm getting is yes from searching online.

What I'm personally wondering is if it would be sufficient enough to just get the original Alan Wake on Steam for $15, or if the "Remastered" version on console is the better way to go.

i am really enjoying the remastered version but in some ways its a brilliant game and in some ways its an atrocious ancient game. i love the story line, the exploring, but the combat is just so basic and frustrating.

Reactions: Amishpriest

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
Only recently started gaming again after a 5 year break. Got a gaming pc and now the updated Steam Deck.

playing on both but to my own surprise I prefer the deck.

i’m playing:
* Baldur’s gate 3 far into Act 1 currently
* Diablo IV - just started this week

took advantage of the autumn sale to pick up several games I wanted
- Batman Arkham collection
- Anno 1800
- the Witcher 3
- Age of Empires IV

The deck is a fantastic device. Just got the OLED last night, though I haven't had time to really put it through its paces since I was just focused initially on getting Emudeck set up/transferred from my LCD deck. The OLED display does look great and is a big step up from the LCD model.

In other news, I finally did complete a standard run in Slay the Spire the other day with the Ironclad. Working on the other characters now.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
I'm throwing games at this Legion Go and its playing all of them extremely well, didn't know how good PC gaming handheld can be until now.

Got a bunch of games on sale just to play on the Legion Go and its handling all of them without breaking a sweat.

Fort Solis, Dead Island 2, Sands of Atlas, The Last Faith, Blasphemous 2, Madison...I have a lot to get through but it is now doable with a handheld.

Reactions: txa1265

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
As my "fun car" is currently in hibernation mode, I'm surviving winter with the new Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series X. Looks amazing in 4K.

I think people have always criticized the Forza Motorsport franchise for being too much of a "Simcade". Well, with the new Forza I can tell you it's no longer the case. It's honestly absolutely amazing and not far from the likes of Assetto Corsa. Picked up a Logitech racing wheel on Black Friday and currently having a blast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donfor39

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Since Remnant 2 was added to GamePass, I started it -- really enjoying it so far. I played the first one and all of the DLC for a while. This is basically an improvement across the board. This will keep me occupied for a while, with some Forza Motorsport sprinkled in here and there.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
+1 Baldur's Gate 3
Thought Ide make more use of Series S 1tb.
Hopefully enjoyable as never took interest in D+D's or Roll Dice style games.

That completes games to enjoy this and next year.

Attachments

• bg3.jpg
    bg3.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: mr_jomo and Suture

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
A little late to the party, but kinda glad I waited.

About to wrap up Cyberpunk 2077 and it is by far one of my favorite games I have played. Looking forward to continuing with the expansion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.