Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
Tried my hand at modding my old Gameboy Advance SP (original edge lit model). I ordered a kit from retro modding and did not need to solder (although if you want the original brightness control button to work you need to solder, but they include a touch sensor on the back of the IPS screen to do so).

Worth the $100? To me yes it's a night and day difference and I actually want to play my old games. The edge lit screen did not age well against what we are used to today.

I am aware there are plenty of emulator handhelds on the market now that are cheaper and offer tons of games loaded right in. However this was a fun project I wanted to try out. Next up I may try my hand at soldering some led buttons in.

There are a few websites that carry these kits and you can build into whatever you want (usb-c charging, led buttons, better speaker, etc.).

tempImageec2rbO.png tempImageOs3piU.png

th0masp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2015
Been practicing the recently released Nordschleife DLC track in ACC on the PS5 these last few weeks. Not even competing yet - just trying to survive clean laps while pushing the car. Something that I can do pretty well in Gran Turismo with quite a few race cars of all sorts.

Not so easy here! My usual choice - the Porsche 991 - has been pretty hair-raising to drive on this track to say the least. Then in order to try something different I went for a Lamborghini Huracan and it all turned into a confidence-destroying crashfest. As far as I'm concerned it's got the looks but pretty much drives like a wet towel.
Just switched to the BMW M6 and apparently stumbled into the game's easy mode. This easy, really??

ACC does feel great to play, so natural. I definitely want to switch over from GT 100% which looks better but plays worse. Also ... my next real-life car ought to be a BMW. ;)

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Just finished Dead Island 2. Not a bad story, fun game, but towards the end in a couple of places it REALLY lagged, I looked online and Xbox had the exact same issue, I played it on PS5. Some said it was since a recent update.

Anyone playing the game, get the legendary weapons as soon as possible, especially the gun. I think you can only get 3 until you finish the game. Gonna get the rest of those weapons to play the DLC. Also use fury when you get into a tight spot, it can really save you.

I give it an 8/10.

Lol look at my post 4463 and you’ll see I started this game about a month ago.

• Love
Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
It's just so so good. I hope they do a sequel and it holds up that level of polish.
A prequel about the dad would be awesome.

I'm 75 hours into FF7 Rebirth. Got it on the releasedate 2/29, so not even averaging an hour a day. Life is getting in the way of my gaming.

The gamers' paradox: as a kid you had the time, but not the money to play all the games you wanted. As an adult I can buy all the games I want, but don't have the time to play them.

Reactions: Burningtime

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
My favorite hobby is buying the games, not having time to play the games, and then getting the games for free with PS+.
On a good note, you own them forever.

Like my games hit the gamepass on xbox(gta5, tmnt, witcher3) but I can’t be bothered to play them all until it gets pulled off from free if I didn’t have time to play them till this day. Of course they get pulled off, and i will still get to play them cause i bought. On xbox it is complicated with save files: gamepass saves don’t carry over to your purchases.

Jackorias

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2013
Yorkshire
Currently playing Cyberpunk: 2077 on my Xbox. Previously played it on my PC so I know I like the main campaign. Picked up the Ultimate Edition on Xbox though so I can enjoy it on my TV, and give the Phantom Liberty DLC a go.

Love exploring Night City whilst just relaxing!

Reactions: txa1265
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.