Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Agreed about the Windows thing, but don't agree about comments on wrappers.
Of course, the performance of wrappers isn't as good as you will get in Bootcamp, but for me BC is a non-starter, so wrappers or Parallels is the only way I will play non-OS X games, so I accept the compromise.
I have had good experience of Skyrim and Tomb Raider (long before it was released for OS X) wrappers. Have had good experience of games in Parallels too, e.g. Dishonoured, F1 2012, etc. All of these I have run and completed @2560x1440.
Of course, if there is a OS X version it's a no-brainer, but sometimes, we have no choice but to compromise.

Roger that, understand all. If you don't mind my asking though, as it looks like you are running on a 27" iMac, what is your GPU?

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
Roger that, understand all. If you don't mind my asking though, as it looks like you are running on a 27" iMac, what is your GPU?
It's a 6970 1Gb. I have a i7 3.4GHz with 16Gb RAM and I think the RAM makes a big difference.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Play Skyrim! Make a female character, play in third person. Sneak around the forest. Shoot nasty men in the head with your bow. Enjoy her bum.

Seriously, playing through the thief and/or assassin's guild storylines are VERY, VERY FUN.

FWIW, I absolutely loved the tomb raider reboot. I so wish they would come up with a story expansion DLC, but I guess it's not in the cards.

Knowing my own motivation I'm certain this is the primary reason why so many female characters are played by males in games like this. :)

macinit

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2013
If ever in doubt as to which games to buy I always suggest looking on steam... they always seem to have the best and most popular games available to date. I usually spend around 50€ in paysafecards a month following my own advice! lol but what can I say, I just like games! The last PC game I bought was " South Park the stick of truth" :D

soulsyphon

macrumors regular
May 3, 2014
so this thread is about far cry 3 and skyrim because exploring mountains is funner in games than in real life.

well, the only game i was looking forward to was world of darkness but it got cancelled... so now i have no idea what i'm waiting for next... every new mmo or non mmo game i hear i seriously have no enthusiasm for it, its mostly all the same in different colours.

did you hear there's a new call of duty? oh ya... that's thrilling, feels like a wow expansion... get to do the same stuff all over again in different colours, ****ing fascinating.

world of darkness would of been awesome... *sighs*

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
so this thread is about far cry 3 and skyrim because exploring mountains is funner in games than in real life.

well, the only game i was looking forward to was world of darkness but it got cancelled... so now i have no idea what i'm waiting for next... every new mmo or non mmo game i hear i seriously have no enthusiasm for it, its mostly all the same in different colours.

did you hear there's a new call of duty? oh ya... that's thrilling, feels like a wow expansion... get to do the same stuff all over again in different colours, ****ing fascinating.

world of darkness would of been awesome... *sighs*

No, it's because open world games have an allure to them as far as immersion and escapism in gaming environments go. You can't hunt a giant and a mammonth in the real world. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.