What games should I buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mitchell112694, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Mitchell112694 macrumors newbie

I want games like call of duty, diable 3, need for speed, but I know must games are not supported on Mac.(I don't have a specific type of game either)

Let me know what games would be worth buying that are Mac captable and are big title games like mentioned earlier

Here are my specs too: MacBook Pro Retina
    •
    2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
    •
    16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    •
    512GB Flash Storage

Thanks everyone!!!:)

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

First of all, you should be posting in the MacBook Pro forum; Mac Pros are desktop workstations.

The easiest thing to do would be to install Windows via Boot Camp. That would remove many of the restrictions Macs have with games. Blizzard generally goes out of their way to make Mac versions of their games (WoW, Diablo III and StarCraft II all have Mac ports), but many developers completely ignore the Mac platform.

3. ljx718, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012

ljx718 macrumors 6502

Anyway, you should just get steam and go to their mac section

4. Hats, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012

Hats macrumors newbie

If you look at his username, I'm guessing thats his date of birth. Just a guess though.

Anyway, if you look here (Steam) you'll see a lot of the games available Mac.

5. lezmace macrumors member

then he will be 18. some peepz are already millionaires at this age :)

6. Hats macrumors newbie

7. Mitchell112694 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually you are correct that is my birthday and just FYI I bought the computer on my own it's call having a real job in life and save to get what you want... It's crazy how it works, right?

8. Hats macrumors newbie

Yeah, sure, whatever, I wasn't really the one making a reference to your age. I just made an observation. And it's crazy how your parents pay for food, your house, electricity, car, TV, Internet and so forth isn't it?

9. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

It could be his own money too. I bought my first Mac at 17 with my own money, I had to work all summer for it. Cost me around 2000$ with taxes. His model is worth more but still, my point is that he technically could have bought it with his own money.

Anyway, to answer OP's question, I suggest looking at Blizzard games which are available for Mac. Also take a look at Mac games on Steam. You can currently buy The Orange Box (Mac compatible) for $19.99 which is a steal if you don't already have it.

Otherwise consider installing Windows 7 on your Mac with Boot Camp, this will allow you to play all Windows-only games.

10. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

What's more annoying is that the OP has already made one pretentious post on the same topic already, exclaiming that he has no limit to how much he will spend. Keep to one thread.

11. Doggonit macrumors regular

It's tough being a 1%-er. One would expect that means that you live extraordinarily comfortably and can afford any number of baubles as if they were peanuts. But in reality, though you may have a larger income, you probably also have that much greater expenditures. There are things like paying for your children's college (since they aren't very likely to be granted the sorts of loans and scholarships that others may get due to family income limits placed on potential awards). Then one's property may be taxed at a higher rate, and besides, if you make more than $250k or so, federal and state income taxes and municipal property taxes all told make for a 50%+ effective tax rate. So it's not like you are exactly rolling in it even from the get-go. And of course you aren't eligible for any government handouts. So yeah, it's hard to be a 1%-er. You learn to make do and live frugally, as odd as that sounds.

12. BertoM macrumors member

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

get every game than you wont have to worry about not having a certain one

14. Hats macrumors newbie

So you'd rather be one of the 99%-ers' instead?

15. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Lmao, such bull.

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

OP, you have so many threads asking what programs, games, accessories to buy for your rMBP. Stick to one thread.

Mods, please take note.

17. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

I'll echo that. The Blizzard games run well on OSX, and are great games. World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3 should keep you busy for a long while.

18. Jamesesesesess, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012

Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

As others have suggested, go on Steam and check the Mac section.

However, I find it easier to just install Windows via Boot Camp and play games on that. More options and honestly, the gaming performance is much better.

19. ljx718 macrumors 6502

his user ID, plus i was annoyed with his other post as well. apprently he doesnt care what he gets or how much it costs. if he really worked for the money ( at 17) then you care about what you spend your money on.

----------

you HAVE to be trolling

20. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yup, and he should stop duplicating threads.

21. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

You could play Starcraft II on extreme graphics. :cool:

22. ljx718 macrumors 6502

what kid? also, i may not be in the top 1% , but i do well for my self. When i do have kids, im letting them know they have to get scholarships, just like my parents told me.

we're living in an era of super low taxes, so none of us should be complaining about anything.

23. Rocky244 macrumors regular

I don't care if you bought the laptop yourself or not (note: I'd bet my bankroll you didn't), but you need to stop making threads asking the same stupid questions.

I mean you literally have 6 threads open asking the same, idiotic, vague question "What does a computer do?".

Pfffff, goodluck keeping your "real job in life". Whatever that means.

24. ljx718 macrumors 6502

yes, I am. But, like i said, it had more to do with him posting in like 6 different threads saying what can he download or buy . It didnt matter what it was and money is no issue. He just wanted to get stuff. At 17, yes, it must be nice.