What gaming peripherals do you use?

violentrl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Do you just use a standard like Apple mouse and keyboard or what?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Razed Mouse (diamondback 3G) and wired Apple aluminium keyboard.
Xbox 360 controllers (wired and wireless).
Hori Fight Stick 3 Wireless and QanBa 4RAF.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Warning! Stay away from Apple meeces! :)

I use a standard keyboard, an apple keyboard on my desktop G5 and the built in keyboard on my MacBookPro. I have a Razer Naga Mouse, a Microsoft Trackball Explorer, and a Razer Nostromo Game Pad. I prefer the Nostromo Game Pad to the Naga for extra inputs especially for online MMORPGs.

Mythos44

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2012
Razer Naga Epic mouse and I also use a Logitech G-13 gaming pad.

I love the extra buttons on the mouse but the ultimate device is the Logitech G-13. I absolutely love this device. I honestly don't know how I played games without it before.

Mythos

kamuix

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
california
Cyborg rat 7 mouse and a razer black widow ultimate edition. Also got a razer pad (forgot the name) for the mouse.

Last edited:

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Razer Naga Epic mouse and I also use a Logitech G-13 gaming pad.

I love the extra buttons on the mouse but the ultimate device is the Logitech G-13. I absolutely love this device. I honestly don't know how I played games without it before.

Mythos
I use the same set up. More buttons than I need for my current game of choice (Skyrim), but a sweet setup and much better than using the standard keyboard.

Fnord

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2005
Keyboard: Matias Tactical Pro 3. Not quiet, but good.

Mouse: Kensington Optical Elite. My last computer upgrade killed the MouseWorks driver software, so I'm using USB Overdrive. Still have a few more in boxes, so I'm looking for a new mouse for after I run out.

Game Pad: Logitech G13. I had a Belkin Nostromo n52 which I loved, but no driver software means I had to switch. I didn't like the driver software Razer wrote for the n52te, so trying the Logitech out. It has more buttons, which I like. Even though the analog stick can be pushed down for a fifth click I preferred the d-pad on the n52. I like the driver software.

robegian

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2005
Trieste, Italy
Apple Mighty Mouse (wireless), Razer Death Adder mouse (definitely a WTF product name), Apple USB and wireless keyboards, a just bought Thrustmaster T.16000 joystick, an old Saitek Cyborg 3D joystick, a Logitech Formula Force EX wheel and pedals set.

LatinGeek

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
Sure is "spending more money for branding" around here, guys.

Currently using an old Genius laser mouse, a crappy rubberdome keyboard with media keys, and a third party gamepad.
Saving money for either a Model M or a Das Keyboard, and maybe one of those Logitech gaming mice.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
When I game in OS X via Steam? Regular Apple Wireless Keyboard, and a Dell two button mouse with scroll wheel. When I boot into Windows on my Mac? Whole different story.

In Windows:

GTA IV + GTA V (When Released) Wired Xbox 360 Controller.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X + Microsoft Flight = Xbox 360 Controller for FLIGHT, and a Saitek J59 Cyborg 3D Rumble Force Stick for FSX.

Test Drive Unlimited + Test Drive Unlimited 2 = Logitech Driving Force GT.

That's pretty much all the hardware I use.