What happened to Black colored MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacSo, Dec 15, 2010.

1. MacSo macrumors newbie

Just curious- does anyone know why they stop making the black colored MacBook that came out a few years ago?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

They changed design, and put more focus on the aluminum 13" model. Can't tell you for sure why.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Nobody here would know. I personally liked the look more than the white

4. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Sold it on eBay.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Apple first got rid of it by going to the Unibody design. Then they decided they wanted that design in the MacBook Pro and a 13" MBP was released. They wanted the MacBook to look like a cheaper, more economical computer, so they made the distinction mainly in casing. Now you have it as it is.

Before, Black Macbooks were traditionally priced a couple hundred above the white Macbooks. Now, a couple hundred above the white Macbooks is the MBP 13" so I don't see where they could fit a black Macbook in. Plus, white is Apple's flagship colors (not sure if it is anymore)

6. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I heard that they were just Limited Edition Macbooks. I didn't like them anyway, black products get too greasy =/

7. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Nothing "Limited Edition" about them. They were just more expensive for no other reason than being black. Seriously, they never had a faster CPU than the next model down, just a bigger HDD. If you used the BTO option to get the white MacBook to the exact same specs as the black one, the black on was about $200 more expensive.

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

It was too good looking, too popular, sold too many, so Apple killed it off... :eek:

Glad I kept mine!

9. MacSo thread starter macrumors newbie

I use for work and have had it since it first came out. It's great and I dread the day I will have to part from it. I was just curious as to why it wasn't continued. The aluminum casing is so...industrial looking...not as sharp as the black case.

Thanks for the feedback folks. This forum is more useful than I expected