Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msvadi

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2010
I really don't understand why they removed the option to see full titles by tapping and holding songs. Was it in conflict with some new functions? Or they simply forgot to put it in when they designed the new app? I used this function all the time. I would have never upgraded to iOS 7 if I knew it was gone from Music app.

sydcarton

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2013
I really don't understand why they removed the option to see full titles by tapping and holding songs. Was it in conflict with some new functions? Or they simply forgot to put it in when they designed the new app? I used this function all the time. I would have never upgraded to iOS 7 if I knew it was gone from Music app.

Yes WHY? Please, anyone... do you know of an alternative app that will show the full title. Using the built in app and browsing through classical music pieces and locating a particular title is almost impossible to do now.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Is it just me, or does anyone find the scrubber in the music app to be completely useless? It just scrubs to random places. In iOS 6 it was smooth.

----------

What's the scrubbing bug?

The scrubber bug is still there on 7.0.4 but has been fixed in 7.1 beta.

If you scrub using the lock screen or control center, when you unlock it will skip back to where you scrubbed to. No matter if you are before or after that specific point. It's intermittent and doesn't happen all the time.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
The whole music app is horrible. The lock screen controls are very inaccurate and it skips / changes songs. Crashes when building playlists.

cristovao

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Calgary
Is it just me, or does anyone find the scrubber in the music app to be completely useless? It just scrubs to random places. In iOS 6 it was smooth.

----------

The scrubber bug is still there on 7.0.4 but has been fixed in 7.1 beta.

If you scrub using the lock screen or control center, when you unlock it will skip back to where you scrubbed to. No matter if you are before or after that specific point. It's intermittent and doesn't happen all the time.

Strange...I've never experienced that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.