What happened to my thread???

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by eezing, Dec 18, 2009.

1. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

I love when admins merge threads that although may be about the same topic, are in fact completely different in context.

example:

Topic: Cheeseburger

Thread 1: I like the way cheeseburgers make me feel.

Thread 2: Why cheeseburgers are harmful to your health.

Is the context in these threads the same? I don't think so.

Admins/regulators, please stop merging threads that sound alike, but are indeed different.

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Actually, in a discussion about cheeseburgers you can talk about how good they taste AND that they're bad for your health. It helps make the forums cleaner that way.

Besides, all your points about the chokehold had been discussed in the other thread.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Given that this is a Apple forum, not a cheeseburger forum, the threads are probably going to be merged.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm surprised that neither of you commented that this thread should be in forum feedback.

If you have a problem with your thread being merged, OP, you should report your thread to the mods and make your comments there. They'll either take your comment and do something or do nothing.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So, at the risk of being obtuse, I'm guessing your concern here is the belief that "Are you going to take part in 'Operation Chokehold'" and "Operation Chokehold: Why should you join in?" were previously two threads on astronomically unrelated topics that had little or nothing to do with each other? :confused:

Or are we really talking about cheeseburgers?

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

There's a lot more people in the iPhone forums and I wanted to see the bloodbath before the thread got moved. :p

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You should've told me and I wouldn't have reported it. :p:)

I believe the OP is referring to the first part of the question, i.e., Chokehold. When I first saw the new thread my initial thought was why wasn't this just added to the original Chokehold post. However, I figured he was just trying to give the "Operation" more attention. I'm glad it was merged as it should have been in the first place.

Mods 1 - OP 0

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Clearly this is very the case. I'd like to add a +1 for the mods...

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I magically knew that someone else had already reported it to be moved there.