What happened to our software update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatsmyaibo, Jul 8, 2010.

1. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

People called, people complained, Apple told us a fix was coming...

I am a devout Apple devotee but their lack of response to these issues are really making me mad. I bought a case to make my $700 phone work properly, and now I can't hold the phone to my head without pressing buttons or being deafened by a lack of the phones volume control. Did they do any QA testing on this device before selling millions? How long to they expect us to wait for a fix?

2. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

$700??? Get a life....

3. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Until its ready.

4. Stankonia macrumors regular

It'll come out around the 23rd or 24th when a large chunk of people will be out of the 30-day return window so Apple doesn't lose money when people realize the fix didn't fix anything

5. thatsmyaibo thread starter macrumors regular

Yep $700. Apple screwed up my upgrade with my online order and I wasn't eligible for an upgrade when I bought it in store. I paid $700 plus CA tax (9.75%) for my 32GB.

Troll? Get a life.

6. Riley2323 macrumors member

Anyone who got a 3GS last year on the basic $39 plan and bought an ip4 this year paid $700 plus tax....so who is the retard....we get the upgrade on the ip5.

7. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Eh, pay no attention to fanboys, they attack at any non apple praising post. As for your question, apple said it would be a couple of weeks from their statement which was last Friday, so we don't really know when it's coming but it has only been a week.

8. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Good point. I've never thought of that. :D

9. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

They said it would be released in the next coming WEEKS.

Btw just used Fring to make a video call with my iPhone to my Dad's PC... AWESOME!

10. Corey213 macrumors member

Why do you want a fix so bad that will just show you that you are getting crappy reception?

11. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Well, I guess you got ripped off. I guess my two $399 16gig "early upgrades" on the $39 plan from Apple was a mistake as was my Brother-in-law's and my niece's and her boyfriend's too. :cool: The 32gig was $499 on the "early upgrade." Your $700 bargain was the no-contract unsubsidized price. ..

12. Riley2323 macrumors member

You did not specify what phone you had before hand. According to Att you can not upgrade more than once in a 18 month period unless you spend enough to offset the cost or residual of the phone in question, which generally means family plan or a higher priced package. I am not saying you did not get the early upgrade, I am just saying there is another variable missing from your statement.

13. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

$700 for a phone? why would you spend that? from your user name, i assume you also bought a $2,000 robotic dog too.....the sony Aibo? lol

14. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

You'll wait until they release it. Simple as that, really.

15. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Didn't buy the first iPhone did you. Had to stand in line and pay $600 for it.

16. JamesM macrumors regular

I can reduce my signal to nothing with one finger, how do you think a software update is going to fix a problem like that :rolleyes:

17. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

How are you checking that you are reducing your signal. I can make my phone drop bars but I've yet to be able to drop a call from it.

18. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

my bars drop and i no longer get any data.... get the message that it can't connect.... that's NOT a software issue....

19. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

So you are having a data problem and not voice? Does the data and voice use the same antenna?

I see my bars drop but haven't had a problem with voice yet (knock on wood) and haven't really paid attention to data.

Just wondering how people are checking that they are losing reception. I can drop bars but that means nothing.......as long as I get a digital signal and can make calls it doesn't matter how many bars I have.

20. peterjcat macrumors 6502

Once again, anyone who has a 32GB iPhone 4 has paid or will pay about $700 for it. It doesn't make much difference whether you pay for it upfront or through inflated monthly fees over the life of your contract.

21. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

22. JamesM macrumors regular

Not had a call drop yet but then I've only had it a few hours.

I dropped it to no bars and it received a call ok so can't say whether its an issue for voice.

However for data it is. I ran a speed test with full signal which seemed about average for what I was getting on my 3GS. Then again with my index finger bridging the gap so there was no signal and the throughput died.

23. raremage macrumors 6502a

So you actually made $260 on buying a new phone, is that it?

Software takes time to write, test, debug, and validate. If they rush something out with bugs it would be much more backlash than taking the extra time to get it right.