What happened to the $55 AT&T monthly plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 1, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

It's gone from the site..now it's a 300MB for $60 that's a horrible deal.
    The economic is horrible right at the moment and my dad will buy my the next iPhone maybe but the monthly plan has to be cheap and I checked sprint's but it's $80...for the cheapest
    I thought it was $75? I checked like last month
    I just am pissed that for basically nothing cost so much. I mean if they give you unlimited text for at&t than that would be a good deal but just for a lame basic plan. I am a teenager so I don't have my own job yet. I am very concern about the next iPhone's monthly plan because since it will be 4G who knows if it will be insanely high. We need to do a protest or something about those greedy companies over charging people just like the Facetime thing for at&t all they care about is money when they already have Billions of dollars and the hard working people is barely able to have food at the table because of this mess. :mad:

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Yeah, AT&T changed their plans awhile ago.

If $60 a month Is too expensive for you then go prepaid.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Sorry but your sense of entitlement is a bit nauseating. You go on about how expensive a phone plan is AND talk about people barely able to feed themselves, do you not see the silliness of that? If you can barely feed yourself a cell phone plan is the last thing on your mind. You have a choice when it comes to a cell provider, if you don't like what's offered on one service than move to another, easy peasy.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Teens nowadays:D
    He makes a good point about the price increases but then talking about people having hard time putting food on the table coming from a teenager with no job that expects mommy and daddy to get him a new iphone and pay for his phone bill every month.

5. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My parents barely have enough
    I am getting the iPhone as a gift because of my good grades from last school year. Monthly plan is the only problem.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

For you or for your parents? If they can't afford the monthly plan, they can't afford the iPhone in the first place.

Otherwise, go the prepaid route. Monthly plans are not the only options you have.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Personally if my parents barely had enough I wouldnt even be asking them for something like that. I just dont like to be a burden to people and mostly to my own parents.
    An iphone as you know is not just a one time $199 gift but also a continues monthly bill. And like you mentioned it can be lots of money to some people especially now that we're in a tough economic period with high unemployment levels and instability.
    I would reconsider if I was you and would tell my parents to get me an ipod touch instead. Just a friendly suggestion that's all.

8. james92se macrumors 6502a

Can't you get on Straight Talk for ~ $50/month?

9. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Folks, unless I am missing something, he can't go pre-paid, unless he pays full price for the phone. The subsidized phone requires a monthly plan.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The iPhone itself could be a gift from his grandparent or a relative and he was relying on his parents to cover the monthly plan. In this case, he can go pre-paid.

However, it sounds more like his parents can cough up the $199 but requires him to cover the monthly plan and he doesn't make enough for it through allowance or whatever.

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

See his first post. He says his dad will buy the iPhone.

But if dad is willing to pay full price, the yep, pre-paid is a good option.

OP, I understand what it is like to really want something and work hard for it (doing well in school) and I'm not going to fault you for that. The $60 plan, and careful use of data (use wi-fi as much as possible) sounds like your best bet, if you are getting a subsidized phone.

12. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816